Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got a genuine Skins helmet.

ph2o

Had my 30th birthday at the end of April and my wife told me that my present hadn't arrived yet. Finally 3 weeks later I have my very own genuine Redskins helmet. Its just the most striking thing. I managed to make room next to the wedding china where I can look at it constantly but I have been informed that is not its permanent place. We will see! Really looking forward to August. My weekends are so dull but at least my beer consumption is not as high.

"MON THE SKINS":helmet::logo::helmet:

Had my 30th birthday at the end of April and my wife told me that my present hadn't arrived yet. Finally 3 weeks later I have my very own genuine Redskins helmet. Its just the most striking thing. I managed to make room next to the wedding china where I can look at it constantly but I have been informed that is not its permanent place. We will see! Really looking forward to August. My weekends are so dull but at least my beer consumption is not as high.

"MON THE SKINS":helmet::logo::helmet:

Congrats on the helmet.

In my house, once I made a place for it, it stayed there :evilg:

I would like to think that it will stay where it is but you have not met my wife. I really don't even want her to touch it. Its like my third child.

See your wife doesn't realize, but by buying you that helmet, you are king of the castle. You will put the helmet where you want it and she will like it there.

If she asks it to be moved, you kindly explain that you are king of the castle and that she likes it there. :D

I managed to make room next to the wedding china where I can look at it constantly but I have been informed that is not its permanent place.:

:rotflmao:

Wife laying the law down, eh?

Congrats on the gift man, I wish I could get something like that. Graduation present, maybe? haha

Scottish born and raised my man. Lovely country but try and get regular holidays to America cause I love it. Was in New York and New Hampshire for Christmas and had a fantastic time. Next trip has to be to D.C but finding time and money to come this year is posing to be a bit tough. One day though.

Scottish born and raised my man. Lovely country but try and get regular holidays to America cause I love it. Was in New York and New Hampshire for Christmas and had a fantastic time. Next trip has to be to D.C but finding time and money to come this year is posing to be a bit tough. One day though.

That's pretty awesome, I have a friend who studied abroad in Scotland and wanted to move there after, he loved it so much...

So how is it that you became a skins fan, over in Scotland?

Got into American football back in the late 80's and loved the Skins. So much so that my mother ended up getting me a child size outfit complete with shoulder pads. (Looked cool LOL!!!) Went astray slightly going through teens and also it wasn't available as much as other sports in the U.K. Now I'm married with two kids My lifestyle is not the same and i have time to not only to watch what games we get but catch up on what I have missed. I absolutly love the sport. I was at Wembley in London for the Saints v Chargers game and have tickets to the Patriots Buc's game this year also and canot wait.

Where did your friend stay in Scotland?

Got into American football back in the late 80's and loved the Skins. So much so that my mother ended up getting me a child size outfit complete with shoulder pads. (Looked cool LOL!!!) Went astray slightly going through teens and also it wasn't available as much as other sports in the U.K. Now I'm married with two kids My lifestyle is not the same and i have time to not only to watch what games we get but catch up on what I have missed. I absolutly love the sport. I was at Wembley in London for the Saints v Chargers game and have tickets to the Patriots Buc's game this year also and canot wait.

Where did your friend stay in Scotland?

Very interesting story, we're glad to have you as a skins fan! Now, just out of curiosity, with the difference in cultures, are you just as big a fan of soccer? And is it seen as a little unnatural to be such an NFL fan in Scotland?

And I believe that it was Edinburgh, but he traveled around the country quite a bit...

Nice work. Congrats! Good luck keeping it there, seriously. My wife love's the Skins more than me, which is hard to believe, but she won't let me put Skins stuff out in the living room, dining room, or family room. My stuff stays in the Skins room and in the garage. I'm cool with that though. You should put your wedding cake decor on top of the helmet; then she might let you keep it there. :D

I'm not into soccer at all. My brother is a big Glasgow Rangers fan and he went on about soccer that much that it put me right off it. People don't always understand why I am so into American football here but it is understandible cause we don't get alot of it on tv and people can't get the rules. So if they don't understand it they're not interested.

Edinburgh is 20 miles north of my home town of Peebles and is a beautiful city with alot of amazing history. If you ever come to Scotland it is a must see place.

I love all the fans from the U.K. that the Redskins draw, always interesting to hear their stories. :cheers:

Cheers man just wish it wasn't so far away to come and see the Skins play

I'm not into soccer at all. My brother is a big Glasgow Rangers fan and he went on about soccer that much that it put me right off it. People don't always understand why I am so into American football here but it is understandible cause we don't get alot of it on tv and people can't get the rules. So if they don't understand it they're not interested.

Edinburgh is 20 miles north of my home town of Peebles and is a beautiful city with alot of amazing history. If you ever come to Scotland it is a must see place.

Rangers?!?!?:( I was at least hoping it would be Celtic...

Ha ha

Anyway, welcome. It sounds like you've got a great gift there. I am jealous.

When I visited Scotland 2 years ago my wife and I went to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling (where she did her bachelor's degree) and up into the Highlands a bit. It was a great visit, and I really loved Edinburgh especially (though I liked Stirling Castle better than the one there).

She's from N Ireland and we're living in Boston right now but plan to move to Edinburgh area in 6 or so years once she completes her PhD (which starts in Sept.). Moving to Belfast would be too close to her immediate family and for my line of work there are better opportunities in Scotland.

Just out of curiosity how do you watch the games, and do you watch live (which would be tough I think) or do you record them for later? Are you in touch with other NFL fans or even Skins fans there?

Rangers?!?!?:( I was at least hoping it would be Celtic...

Ha ha

Anyway, welcome. It sounds like you've got a great gift there. I am jealous.

When I visited Scotland 2 years ago my wife and I went to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling (where she did her bachelor's degree) and up into the Highlands a bit. It was a great visit, and I really loved Edinburgh especially (though I liked Stirling Castle better than the one there).

She's from N Ireland and we're living in Boston right now but plan to move to Edinburgh area in 6 or so years once she completes her PhD (which starts in Sept.). Moving to Belfast would be too close to her immediate family and for my line of work there are better opportunities in Scotland.

Just out of curiosity how do you watch the games, and do you watch live (which would be tough I think) or do you record them for later? Are you in touch with other NFL fans or even Skins fans there?

Hi there. If you are looking to move near Edinburgh then look at Peebles first. I think its the prettiest place in easy commuting distance to Edinburgh.

Sky sports show the Thursday night games, when they start, six games on Sunday and the ESPN Monday night game. Your 1 o'clock game is at 6pm here but if you press the red button on the remote there is another game. We also get 2 games at 4.15/9.15. The 8.30pm game here is at 1.30 am so I tend to just tape it and watch it on Monday night and likewise for the Monday night game. I will only stay up to watch it if it is a Skins game. Felt like a waste of time when it was the Steelers and Ravens game last season though. :logo::helmet::logo:

Archived