Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When do you stop counting cousins?

terrifNick21

Depends on how attractive they are or if they can help me :D

I got a huge family tree

added

seriously that is plenty far enough removed to not be a issue medically or even morally

Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were 5th cousins if that helps

I find it a bit creepy...I had an ethical conundrum myself when I was attracted to my cousin's cousin, my cousin through marriage, not even related by blood!! I don't even know what you call that.

I guess it just depends on how they feel about it at the end of the day. As others have said, its not a big deal DNA-wise, its all about the morals of the situation.

Do people really know who their 5th cousins are? I dont that is for sure.

I've heard 2 different definitions on 2nd cousins, 3rd cousins, etc.

The first definition is that your 2nd cousin would be your cousin's child.

The other definition is that it would be your cousin's cousin, on their other side of the family.

Which is it ?

I've 2 different definitions on 2nd cousins, 3rd cousins, etc.

The first definition is that your 2nd cousin would be your cousin's child.

The other definition is that it would be your cousin's cousin, on their other side of the family.

Which is it ?

someone already posted a graph showing you what each level of cousin is.

My aunt and uncle are 5th cousins...it's not really an issue.

I don't think I'd be able to go into a relationship knowing that I was related to some one, but if we were already in one when we found out that would be a little different for some reason. :whoknows:

But they're fine, as long as it doesn't bother them.

I don't think I'd be able to go into a relationship knowing that I was related to some one, but if we were already in one when we found out that would be a little different for some reason. :whoknows:

Then you better stick with the one ya have;)

As has been said ,we are all related according to geneticist.

Guess I shouldn't have said that:evilg:

Their grandmothers are first cousins, if that is any difference.

Only if you hold to the Patriarchal line ,then they are even less relevant...I think

That far removed it is a bit silly to worry over.

5th cousins is nothing to worry about. After all, 2nd cousins and higher are called "kissing cousins."

Actually, some scientists have researched it and determined that your best bet is breeding with your 3rd cousins.

When Incest is Best:Kissing Cousins Have More Kin

Study analyzing more than 200 years of data finds that couples consisting of third cousins have the highest reproductive success

That's what I'm wanting to think..... It's definitely a different situation. I mean they had no idea whatsoever. lol.

Put it this way,it's kinda like Cheney and Obama getting together.

Though I'm seeing the family resemblance more every day:silly:

Actually, some scientists have researched it and determined that your best bet is breeding with your 3rd cousins.

Wow. I wouldn't expect that. I saw a breakdown of what the blood percentages would be, and third cousins are 1/16, or .0625% the same. I don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet that that's nothing to be even concerned about.

Archived