Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins roster/weights and info

PROSCOUT

I was just viewing the roster here on the site, and it looks pretty odd to say the least.

Mike Williams is suppose to be at 400 pounds but the listed weight is 370.

Haynesworth is always said to be about 330 but he is listed at 350.

Phillip Daniels use to be about 280 and is now listed at 311.

Renaldo Wynn use to be about 290 but he has recently said he lost weight to get down into the 270's so he would be quicker...but he is listed at OVER 290.

What is up with all these weight discrepancies. If this site is going to be a source of ACCURATE information and is an OFFICIAL Redskins site, then shouldn't the weights and heights and physical characteristic at least be accurate?

We can debate all day whose a better quarterback Jason or Colt, or if somebody's knee will heal in time for camp, but weights and heights are things that can be measured accuately and it looks as though, either nobody is in charge of checking and updating, or somebody is completely screwing up the information.

HOW HARD IS IT TO CHECK WEIGHTS?...and keep them updated, especially if you are the OFFICIAL Redskins site.:doh:

teams rarely put the accurate weight for all players. This happens throughout high school and college as well.

The same applies for players heights on basketball rosters. you will see players listed at like 6'3 when they're really 6'1.

Its no different for football, not a big deal

Redskins players arrived for the start of mini-camp on Thursday, April 30, and were immediately given a physical, which included heights and weights.

The Redskins.com roster lists the heights and weights from that session.

These were updated a week ago.

It's true. You can believe it, or not. You're prerogative.

Some of the notable changes for those keeping score: Montgomery up to 330 from 315; Haynesworth up to 350--he was listed at 330, but that weight was likely from an old Titans media guide last year; Lorenzo Alexander is up to 297; Alex Buzbee is up to 272 (from 256 last year); Devin Clark is up to 325 from 300; Daniels is up to 311 from 280 last year; Heyer is up to 330 from 314; Dockery is down to 326 from 335.

As for Mike Williams, the decision has been made to list his weight at 370 since that is the target before he sees any playing or practice time. The guy is losing weight every week. Would you like me to update his weight on the site every time he steps on the scale?

It should be noted that players' weight often fluctuates during the offseason. Many of them lose about 10 pounds from their frame after going through the heat and humidity of training camp.

As for Mike Williams, the decision has been made to list his weight at 370 since that is the target before he sees any playing or practice time. The guy is losing weight every week. Would you like me to update his weight on the site every time he steps on the scale?

Yeah that would be nice. Psyche, I am just playing with you. I like that they lsit his weight at 370. Kind of like see the target, be the target.

I was just viewing the roster here on the site, and it looks pretty odd to say the least.

Mike Williams is suppose to be at 400 pounds but the listed weight is 370.

Haynesworth is always said to be about 330 but he is listed at 350.

Phillip Daniels use to be about 280 and is now listed at 311.

Renaldo Wynn use to be about 290 but he has recently said he lost weight to get down into the 270's so he would be quicker...but he is listed at OVER 290.

What is up with all these weight discrepancies. If this site is going to be a source of ACCURATE information and is an OFFICIAL Redskins site, then shouldn't the weights and heights and physical characteristic at least be accurate?

We can debate all day whose a better quarterback Jason or Colt, or if somebody's knee will heal in time for camp, but weights and heights are things that can be measured accuately and it looks as though, either nobody is in charge of checking and updating, or somebody is completely screwing up the information.

HOW HARD IS IT TO CHECK WEIGHTS?...and keep them updated, especially if you are the OFFICIAL Redskins site.:doh:

"used"

Redskins players arrived for the start of mini-camp on Thursday, April 30, and were immediately given a physical, which included heights and weights.

Some of the notable changes for those keeping score: Montgomery up to 330 from 315; Haynesworth up to 350--he was listed at 330, but that weight was likely from an old Titans media guide last year; Lorenzo Alexander is up to 297; Alex Buzbee is up to 272 (from 256 last year); Devin Clark is up to 325 from 300; Daniels is up to 311 from 280 last year; Heyer is up to 330 from 314; Dockery is down to 326 from 335.

It should be noted that players' weight often fluctuates during the offseason. Many of them lose about 10 pounds from their frame after going through the heat and humidity of training camp.

Cool. We have a lot of big guys on the team. I know weights aren't static but I didn't realize so many of them got so big during the offseason. I imagine they'll be back to where they were by the end of training camp.

On a side note, Dockery did look a bit svelte in comparison to the other linemen, it's cool to see him shedding weight. Here's to him having a great year.

I remember hearing somewhere that Shaun Rogers was listed as the largest starter in the NFL, if Haynesworth's weight holds up wouldn't this make him the largest starter?

NFL.com has Rogers listed at 6'-4" 350.

Also, just as a general opinion I like seeing our guys (especially the guys that play in the trenches put on some weight in the offseason) I know a lot of it will melt off during OTAs/mini-camp/preseason etc. but if some of the lineman keep that mass going into regular season I think it will help prevent some of the wear and tear.

Well, qualify this as breaking news... :)

I just ran into Renaldo Wynn and he told me that his weight should be listed at 275.

Don't know why the roster sheet I was given had his weight at 296. That was his playing weight last year.

Anyway, it has been fixed on the Redskins.com roster page.

Well, qualify this as breaking news... :)

I just ran into Renaldo Wynn and he told me that his weight should be listed at 275.

Don't know why the roster sheet I was given had his weight at 296. That was his playing weight last year.

Anyway, it has been fixed on the Redskins.com roster page.

thanks Gary. See, thats what I thought Renaldo had said so I thought it was strange that he was listed here at 296.

But the Mike Williams and Fat Albert weights were also a surprise, as I said.

I really like this thread. Gary PLEASE keep us updated on Big Mike Williams, if he can get his weight down he could really help the line. He has a lot of fans pulling for him!

I am glad that I'm not the only one who finds this an interesting topic. It really gets old debating Jason Campbell haters night after night.

Although I was surprised that Gary seemed to get a bit testy or miffed that I would bring up Mike Williams weight of 375. No Gary I don't want you to weigh him each day and report back to us each day. Not necessary at all. I perfectly understand that the Skins are listing his weight as his TARGET weight and not his current weight.

In fact that is probably a good idea on the Skins part because perhaps it will motivate him even more.

I am still trying to figure out how this weight change will help or hurt the Skins.

Last year Fat Albert was listed as 320 on the TITANS roster. Now on the Redskins roster he is listed at 350.

Monty was listed at 315 I believe, if that, and now he is listed on our roster at 330.

Are these REAL weights and what does this indicate?

Is Haynesworth eating too much? and not working out. Is Monty working out much more, trying to become Haynesworth and be his duplicate. Both are 6'6 but something doesn't quite add up. These are pretty big changes from only ONE year.

Archived