Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LA Times: Pelosi denies being informed about waterboarding / CIA lied

IHOPSkins

If people lower in her chain of command knew, "its not possible" for her not to.

You really want to claim that if one Democrat is told classified information, then they're obligated to forward that information to the Democrat in charge of politics?

:halo:

She denies being told that waterboarding.....
You didn't watch the video

Pelosi

"We were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced methods were used...."

CIA Memo

“Briefing on EITs including use of EITs on Abu Zubaydah, background on authorities, and a description of the particular EITs that had been employed.

Notice my use of color to enhance your ability to.....nevermind

meh I will wait till this stuff is sorted out, but I will say that if there is anyone that is at fault the first person is the one that said 'go ahead and torture people, it's ok' everything else is secondary to that in this situation

What, you mean, you think that the people who conspired to violate the Constitution bear more responsibility, for doing something, than the highest-ranking person of the minority party does for failing to make them stop quickly enough?

You Commie, you.

You really want to claim that if one Democrat is told classified information....
One?

Don't you mean THE?

As a member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence for 10 years (the longest continuous period of service in the committee's history) including two years as the Ranking Democrat, Pelosi worked to ensure that policymakers and military commanders are provided with the timely and accurate intelligence necessary to guide diplomatic initiatives, succeed in combat, and protect U.S. military forces.

In meetings around the world with U.S. and foreign intelligence leaders, Pelosi has urged for greater attention to the threats to international security posed by the proliferation of technologies associated with the weapons of mass destruction and global terrorism.

In the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks, Pelosi led congressional reviews of the U.S. intelligence and security agencies and authored legislation to create an independent national commission to assess the overall performance of the federal government before, during, and after the attacks.

http://www.house.gov/pelosi/biography/bio.html

Did she claim to have only attended ONE briefing?

Sounds like her staff....ahem I mean SHE did alot on this committee

I feel safer

Did she claim to have only attended ONE briefing?

Sounds like her staff....ahem I mean SHE did alot on this committee

I feel safer

Did you read the pdf that you provided the link to?

Her name appears on there once. The first line.

(Apparently, at some later time, she was no longer ranking Democrat on that committee. I assume that other Democrats were given later briefings. But she says that she was briefed in EITs once. And the pdf which you provided says she's correct.)

I love seeing her squirm. Her press conference today was full of flustered nerves. Hilarious.

Trying to be as objective as possible though, she's going to crash and burn for this. Even Panetta knows she's out of her mind.

Truly crazy how someone like that gets elected.

Although, Maxine Waters hails from the same state, so not that shocking.

i like how the public they need to know everything. They dont

Yeah, it's not like the country was founded on the principal that the government derives it's power from the consent of the People, or anything.

"If the government wants you to have an opinion, they will tell you what it is!"

Truly crazy how someone like that gets elected.

Although, Maxine Waters hails from the same state, so not that shocking.

Well, let's face it. If there were a "most insane member of Congress" contest, there'd be stiff competition.

Did you read the pdf that you provided the link to? ....
Larry,

I know she only went once (THIS I CAN BELIEVE OF HER!)

This briefing memo clearly states EIT USED....she denies this

I think she is the Liar...not the CIA

Its really that simple....for some

Related:

Dems: CIA briefers may have broken law

Democrats on the House intelligence committee said Thursday that CIA officers broke the law in 2002 if they told Nancy Pelosi then that they had not yet engaged in waterboarding.

"If they make a false report, absolutely it's illegal," said Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), a member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. "If they fail to make a report when they're obligated to that is also illegal — a violation of the National Security Act."

Said CIA Spokesman George Little: “It is not the policy of the CIA to mislead the United States Congress.”......

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22531.html

Its HARDBALL

You didn't watch the video

Pelosi

"We were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced methods were used...."

CIA Memo

“Briefing on EITs including use of EITs on Abu Zubaydah, background on authorities, and a description of the particular EITs that had been employed.

Notice my use of color to enhance your ability to.....nevermind

Actually, what I notice (now that I've noticed this post. Must have missed it, till now) was your use of color, and bold, and underlines, of something which doesn't say anything I haven't already read, and your including the words "or any of these other enhanced methods".

(Which you edited out, the previous time you quoted that line.)

You're correct. The information in the pdf does indicate that she was briefed on at least some of whatever they were calling "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques" at that time, and that at least some of them had been used.

She may or may not have been told about waterboarding, but she was briefed on something. (So she can't claim to be completely ignorant.)

(Although we can accuse her of it. :) )

....Let's just remember that this is a sideshow.......
......Democrats on the House intelligence committee said Thursday that CIA officers broke the law in 2002 if they told Nancy Pelosi then that they had not yet engaged in waterboarding.

"If they make a false report, absolutely it's illegal," ....

If Dems push this....It won't be a sideshow for long

And

If its a crime the CIA misreported what happened......wouldn't it ALSO be a crime if Pelosi did the same?

Yeah those mayors in houston, and austin that turned those places into sanctuary cities are whack jobs.

Are we talking about the same state who's governor openly talked about seceding and tried to use young girls as guinea pigs by promoting a bill that would've made it mandatory for them to get vaccinated with an experimental HPV vaccine that hoped to reduce the chances of cervical cancer and STDs? Is this the same state where one of the representatives wanted asian americans living in Texas to change their legal names just so that it would be easier for her to pronounce?

Blindly sticking to one side of the political spectrum are we? Pelosi is as much of a nutjob as these are.

Are we talking about the same state who's governor openly talked about seceding and tried to use young girls as guinea pigs by promoting a bill that would've made it mandatory for them to get vaccinated with an experimental HPV vaccine that hoped to reduce the chances of cervical cancer and STDs? Is this the same state where one of the representatives wanted asian americans living in Texas to change their legal names just so that it would be easier for her to pronounce?

Blindly sticking to one side of the political spectrum are we? Pelosi is as much of a nutjob as these are.

Uh,

1) You folks are getting way off this topic, here

2) If you're going to start a "let's trash a state or a political party by pointing out stupid things that one politician did" contest, then I'd suggest that you

a) Take it to another thread.

B)

Bring a tent and a sleeping bag.

(Although I do observe that this is a Redskins message board, where bashing Texas is always on-topic.)

3) Frankly, I don't think it's possible for you to win an argument with ND, because frankly, I don't think he's been all that rational, lately. (Or even particularly coherent.)

Archived