Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Punch-Out!! Back on the Wii May 18th

SonOfWashington

I hate Wii, either make all of your games traditional controller compatible and trash it. Got my favorite game out on Wii and you cant play it unless you use those retarded controllers.

If you are talking about punch-out, it is classic controller compatible.

I hate Wii, either make all of your games traditional controller compatible and trash it. Got my favorite game out on Wii and you cant play it unless you use those retarded controllers.

You really don't have to flail your arms around to play most Wii games. I tend to rest my arms on my lap an just flick my wrist at times when I have to. Besides you can use traditional controls to play Punch Out anyway.

edit: Beaten

Picked it up last Saturday. I could only play a couple matches until I couldnt move my arms anymore. It is fun as hell especially when your boxing your friends. I saw Fight Night Round 4 Tyson vs Ali is coming out soon but they dont have a Wii version yet. I would definitely recommend punch out, but damn its a freaking work out. The next day my arms and shoulders were so sore.

yes, titaw i recommend it. yes, soda popinski is in it, and he'll still **** you up.

i use the classic controls. it just feels right.

once you beat all the guys and win the belt (sandman is last), you have to fight them again in title defenses, and they have new moves and styles and they're mad hard. i lost to GLASS JOE dude.

Soda Popinski always ****ed me up. The only guy in that game who gives me trouble. It must be the "southpaw" stance.....

The tough thing about Popinski was how his uppercuts were so fast and his hooks were really slow. If you guessed wrong you'd pay the price. If you dodged what you thought was an uppercut, you'd fall right in to his delayed hook.

Both of them packed a big wallop.

Then sometimes he'd do a jab out of nowhere. Not the 3 jabs when you'd lose all your heart, just some random-ass jab that would add to the frustration.

I usually had an easy time with Soda Popinski and his upgraded counterpart, Super Macho Man. But when playing with a keyboard they're probably the hardest fighters in the game next to Mike.

It's a beautiful remake of the classic for sure...but is anyone else disappointed you cant use the motion controllers with it accurately..It doesnt respond well....and If I have to play with a classic controller..I would have liked more new features...more new boxers. Its just a supped up Tysons Punch-Out/ Super Punch-out, and I have those on my virtual console for way less $.

Like I said...its pretty...but I am a little disappointed...

It's a beautiful remake of the classic for sure...but is anyone else disappointed you cant use the motion controllers with it accurately..It doesnt respond well....and If I have to play with a classic controller..I would have liked more new features...more new boxers. Its just a supped up Tysons Punch-Out/ Super Punch-out, and I have those on my virtual console for way less $.

Like I said...its pretty...but I am a little disappointed...

the motion controls don't translate well to boxing. maybe it will when the motion plus is added, i don't know..

i knew going in i wasn't using motion controls. you need precision in a finely tuned game like punch out. :D

i would have liked to have had a few new guys to fight, but the 2nd time through is the real challenge.

the motion controls don't translate well to boxing. maybe it will when the motion plus is added, i don't know..

i knew going in i wasn't using motion controls. you need precision in a finely tuned game like punch out. :D

i would have liked to have had a few new guys to fight, but the 2nd time through is the real challenge.

Exactly.

Maybe I'll give it another go and hopefully get to defending my title. I do like the game...and a challenge is all I'm really looking for.

Was anybody ever actually able to beat Mike on the NES without codes or cheats?? I never could. Damn he was hard....

I never could either. Him and Mr. Dream were out of my league. My friends told me to watch for the flash then dodge but I guess I'm not fast enough to notice and react in time.

I was playing this last night, my boy who use to play it back in the day was using just the Wii remote and got pretty far in the game. He thought the game was awesome. Its fun to use the nunchuck and the wii remote but if you really want to get far in the game you have to use the classic controls.

Was anybody ever actually able to beat Mike on the NES without codes or cheats?? I never could. Damn he was hard....

To this day I have never beaten Mike Tyson. I've gotten to him countless times, but he still knocks my ass out every time. Lately I've been having trouble with Sandman. I can't seem to dodge his third super-uppercut.

I also never knew the straight-to-Tyson code until recently. When I finally beat him, I'll do it legitimately.

Does anyone know if the wii motion plus is going to have any effect on previous games before it came out? Or is it only going to effect the new games coming out???

I usually had an easy time with Soda Popinski and his upgraded counterpart, Super Macho Man. But when playing with a keyboard they're probably the hardest fighters in the game next to Mike.

I own Super Macho Man. Most times he never touches me.

I never could either. Him and Mr. Dream were out of my league. My friends told me to watch for the flash then dodge but I guess I'm not fast enough to notice and react in time.

As a kid, I beat Tyson a couple times, but only by decision (You need 5000 points). In the past year, I finally knocked his ass out.....

Does anyone know if the wii motion plus is going to have any effect on previous games before it came out? Or is it only going to effect the new games coming out???

only new games, i'm pretty sure. not all games will use it, i don't think. man, a lightsaber game with that. :drool:

only new games, i'm pretty sure. not all games will use it, i don't think. man, a lightsaber game with that. :drool:
Yea your right I just read an article about it. Wii Sports Resort is coming out next month and they have a sword fighting game that looks bad ass. Along with a 3 point shooting contest. I will buying that as soon as it comes out. It was designed to work beautifuly with the Wii Motion Plus.

Archived