Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

White House Correspondence Dinner Video (Obama & Wanda Sykes)

Duckus

Who do you draft with the first overall pick?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you draft with the first overall pick?

• Brian Mitchell
    • Clinton Portis
    • Neither, trade down for more picks

The White House Correspondence Dinner is always a good time and pretty hilarious. Wanda Sykes was the professional comedian this year and was very good as well. Some of the stuff about Rush was borderline inappropriate, but still hilarious.

Obama:

Wanda Sykes:

I agree that I usually don’t like Wanda Sykes, but I thought she was really good:

“I heard Sarah Palin pulled out at the last minute. Someone should tell her that is not really how you practice abstinence”

“Rush hopes America fails. To me that is treason, to me he is not saying anything different than Osama. I would look into this, but I think that Rush might have been the 20th highjacker on 9/11 but was so strung-out on oxy-cotton that he missed his flight.”

The Sean Hanity one was hilarious to me as well - “Water boarding? He can’t take water boarding. I could break Sean Hanity by giving him in a middle seat in coach.”

I just watched the video, I am not sure what is worse. The White House hiring Sykes to begin with or Sykes wishing kidney failure on Limbaugh and Obama laughing about it.

If I remember correctly, Bush hired that Bush impersonator and kept it pretty clean.

I just watched the video, I am not sure what is worse. The White House hiring Sykes to begin with or Sykes wishing kidney failure on Limbaugh and Obama laughing about it.

If I remember correctly, Bush hired that Bush impersonator and kept it pretty clean.

What makes you think that the White House hired Sykes? The entertainers are chosen by the White House Correspondents' Association. Obama (and Bush) have nothing to do with it, as far as I can tell, and are just expected to go along with it and be good sports.

Rush jokes? Not funny. :no:

“I heard Sarah Palin pulled out at the last minute. Someone should tell her that is not really how you practice abstinence”
:rotflmao:
The Sean Hanity one was hilarious to me as well - “Water boarding? He can’t take water boarding. I could break Sean Hanity by giving him in a middle seat in coach.”
:hysterical:

What makes you think that the White House hired Sykes? The entertainers are chosen by the White House Correspondents' Association. Obama (and Bush) have nothing to do with it, as far as I can tell, and are just expected to go along with it and be good sports.

Well I am just going to assume, since they are using a White House podium this must have been held in The White House, which is Obamas place of residence, just saying.

Just playing along is a poor excuse, I don't laugh at jokes I find disgusting, her joke about Rush was pretty disgusting, especially since she said it in The White House.

i don't know. wishing kidney failure on someone isn't really funny.

And, for the record, I don't like Rush.

I think Sykes' "jokes" were in poor taste.

They might be appropriate if it were a roast of Rush. But it wasn't.

I thought the Michael Steele part was pretty funny - when he takes a dig at him for the slang talk. "Or as Michael would say, 'In da hizze. Whaaaz up."

Making fun of himself and the teleprompter was good too. "Good evening...[pause for laughter]"

"Today is Mothers Day, this is a very hard day for Rahm Emanuel. He is not used to saying Day after Mother."

Obama was good. Very funny, and he poked fun towards his admin more than the previous. Sykes, on the other hand, was blatantly offensive. Whoever decided to hire her should lose their job. Wishing kidney failure on Limbaugh, and comparing robbing a bank to interrogation techniques. Very poor taste.

i don't know. wishing kidney failure on someone isn't really funny.

And, for the record, I don't like Rush.

I think Sykes' "jokes" were in poor taste.

They might be appropriate if it were a roast of Rush. But it wasn't.

Exactly! This is supposed to be an evening of celebrating and busting chops of the folks in-house. Airing your opinion of anothers dirty laundry and what their punishment should be is inappropriate.

Well... Remember that guy who roasted Bush at the 2006 correspondents' dinner?

That wasn't exactly in line with what you're suggesting. :)

I get the impression that presidents have relatively little control over who gets invited or exactly what gets said. Even if the script is pre-approved, guests could deviate from it. It's not like they'd get invited back anyway, as the talent rotates every year.

With that said, I think the kidney failure thing was too much, even as a joke. But Oxycontin and terrorism were fair game, given Rush's addict past and the things has said (apparently with a straight face) about others.

Well I am just going to assume, since they are using a White House podium this must have been held in The White House, which is Obamas place of residence, just saying.

Just playing along is a poor excuse, I don't laugh at jokes I find disgusting, her joke about Rush was pretty disgusting, especially since she said it in The White House.

The dinner is NOT held at the White House; this year it was held at the Washington Hilton, in D.C.

Some research in this area is always helpful before arriving at conclusions. Just saying...

Obama was funny. Sykes was pretty funny, too, at times here and there. Sure, some of her remarks were a bit over-the-line, but, for Christ's sake, have you heard all of the crap that the right-wing has been spewing about Obama for a year?

Sorry, but it's all crocodile tears and faux outrage over a man, Rush Limbaugh, whose entire style is based upon classless, tasteless remarks.

Loved that Boehner joke when Obama said they were both people of color, except JB's color is not the kind of color that happens in the natural world. Just several days ago I saw Boehner on TV taking to reporters, and he looked freakishly orange.

Archived