Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportsTalk980: B Mitch will be inducted into the Ring of Fame

Drunken Master III

A question I've been wondering for a while is, I know Chris Samuels a Ring of Fame guy for us, but is he a Hall of Famer? He's one of the best LTs in some time and has plenty of Pro Bowls, but does our lack of playoff victories/Super Bowl appearances take away from his resume?

A question I've been wondering for a while is, I know Chris Samuels a Ring of Fame guy for us, but is he a Hall of Famer? He's one of the best LTs in some time and has plenty of Pro Bowls, but does our lack of playoff victories/Super Bowl appearances take away from his resume?

Well he played in the same era as Pace and Ogden, who made more Pro Bowls and won Super Bowls. Six Pro Bowls is a lot but he has never played for a legit championship contender(yet ;)).

I think what he was saying is that the fans TREAT him as if he had been a Eagle all his life - not that HE feels that way.

But maybe I'm just reading it differently. :whoknows:

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Seriously? Was that necessary?

Far more than your useless comments regarding what one of the best Redskins players ever will say when he is honored as an inductee in the ring of fame and separating him from the Redskins organization yet including yourself as a part of it. And you dare use the word "seriously" in a post? Unless you are commenting on delusions, you lost the right to use serious or any derivative of it long ago.

My idea for this was spurred by the announcement that B-Mitch is going in the Ring of Fame.....apologies to the mods in advance if this should be in one of those threads.

Anyway, of course the Ring should be somewhat exclusive and there are probably a good number of players from the Gibbs glory years (and maybe even from the Allen years) who aren't up there. But aside from the posthumous induction of Sean Taylor into the Ring, are there any players or coaches who started their Redskins career after Gibbs retired in early 1993 up there? I didn't think there was, but am not totally sure. Is there a player who fits into that category who is not with the Skins anymore that you think deserves to be in the Ring? And, if not, which post-Gibbs I player or coach do you think will go in first?

Right now you would think Portis would be the most likely candidate, but I'm interested to hear others opinions.

Portis is a lock as is Samuels.

As for Post Gibbs 1, Ken Harvey should be in there like yesterday.

As for Gibbs 1, it's a disgrace that Mark Rypien is still waiting (2 Pro Bowls, starter for about 5 seasons, SB MVP) while Doug Williams (0 Pro Bowls, starter for about a season if that, SB MVP) got in over 10 years ago.

Yeah cause the NFL's 2nd all time leader in total yardage doesnt belong on the Ring of Fame especially since he got most of those yards as a Redskin. :doh: Yeah he bashes the team, but he doesnt do it like Peter King or Chris Collinsworth, he bashes the team in the sense that he hates seeing the team struggle. B-Mitch can voice his opinion and yeah I hate some of the things he saids, especially about Portis, but he has passion for the team. He also signed a one-day contract to retire as a Redskin.

Back when you were about 12 Mitchell got his walking papers, and on the way out the door called the Redskins every name in the book, which I could live with, BUT he also called every Redskins fan (including you) a know nothing collection of fair weather bandwagon jumpers over and over. His lack of respect for the fans in this town is why I can't stand him. He ran his mouth on every microphone and in front of every camera he could find whenever his beloved Eagles were coming back to play us. He used to say he dreamed about returning one in Fed Ex so he could shove it in the faces of the know nothing fans down here that he mocked and ridiculed every chance he got. US. Not Snyder, not any of the players,, he wanted to stick it to US, the people who cheered his every move.

When the Eagles cut him, he SPECIFICALLY wanted to play for the Giants so he could continue to come back here and try to show us how much disdain he had for this city, these fans, and this team.

I must say, in all my years as a Redskins fan, with all the highs and lows, I don't think I've ever been more disappointed with how our fans have allowed him back in.

**** Brian Mitchell. I don't forget. Let them put him in the Ring of Fame in Philly where he belongs. He'd be much happier with it, and so would I.

~Bang

No, No, No, and NO! He was a kick returner thats it. Yes he did it well but he does not belong in the ring of fame. He always bashes the team and left here on bad terms. I would be ashamed to see his name up there with the likes of Sonny and Riggins.

LOL...yeah, 'cause Riggins never bashes the team.

What they do on the radio is their job. I have no problem with Mitchell on the radio other than the fact that he's HERE and not up in Philly where he belongs.

Bashing the fans on the way out the door like he did.. I can't abide by it. Riggins took a bow to the fans on his way out. Mitchell spit in our eyes and laughed while he did it.

~Bang

The differance is I respect Riggo's opinion. And yes that is just a personal prefrence. Brian Mitchell pretty much spat in the face of all redskins fans when he was let go. I remeber when it happened and he would just go on and on about how bad the organization and fans were. I just don't think he belongs in the ring with the likes of players like Sammy Baugh, Art Monk, John Riggins, Sonny Jurgensen, Billy Kilmer, Sam Huff. To me all of these players were "real" Redskins. B Mitch does not belong with these names.

Wow Bang. How soon you forget what he did on the field for our team, not to mention the spark he always provided for the team.

The guy wears his emotions on his sleeve and he wanted to stay in the B&G. He was hurt and I have no problem with him expressing his emotions. We would love to have a return man like him right now.

Learn to forgive people Bang and see the good in them. It will lower your blood pressure.;)

How soon you forget what he did on the field for our team, not to mention the spark he always provided for the team.

I basically agree with this. Although B-Mitch has ticked me off many times with his comments and his attitude, you simply can't overlook what he did on the field as a Redskin. During the depths of the Norv era, Mitchell and Ken Harvey were about the only good things we had going for us.

Harvey should be inducted too. It's easy to overlook his contributions given the awful teams he played on.

Wow Bang. How soon you forget what he did on the field for our team, not to mention the spark he always provided for the team.

The guy wears his emotions on his sleeve and he wanted to stay in the B&G. He was hurt and I have no problem with him expressing his emotions. We would love to have a return man like him right now.

Learn to forgive people Bang and see the good in them. It will lower your blood pressure.;)

Nah, I don't forget his play. But the way he left was bad, and had he not gone after the fans the way he did I wouldn't care.

But he did.

And it's got nothing to do with what he says on the radio now, not at all. That's his job, and he's entitled to his opinion. He brings some knowledge and experience to the table and he is free to make his observations and criticisms. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't, and overall I think he's not half-bad on the radio.

And it's not about him as a person. I don't know the man, this is purely a football fan thing.

It's the things he said after he left and every time he came back as a player. You can hate the organization and I can respect that.. Brad Johnson is a good example. He does like to stick it to the Redskins, but we always treated him right so he respects that even when he wears his old jersey leaving the stadium after beating us. I never felt that was directed towards anyone but the FO.

Mitchell bad mouthed everything about this team REALLY bad. He didn't just burn his bridge, he nuked the thing. He made Antonio Pierce look gracious in comparison.

~Bang

Are you kidding me? B-Mitch is a joke in the ring of fame. Maybe they will put up his EAGLES JERSEY.

The ring of fame is for REDSKINS! not a career special teams player that happend to play for a few RIVAL teams.

This is a joke I hope.

You're probably a little too young to remember that B-Mitch was the heart and soul of the Redskins for about a decade.

As I've said, dude has rubbed me the wrong way big-time since leaving the Skins, but to overlook what he did for the franchise is foolish.

Archived