Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Resume Thread

MattFancy

so what would you recomend for me since you have experience looking over resumes?

Depends on the job you are applying to. A small company is not going to check, but a government agency or large corporation might.

Personally, I don’t check employment history unless something does not seem right in the interview. If someone has a job on their resume, but they have a hard time explaining or talking about it that might raises a flag and I might call to check.

However, the reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates is just a small part of my job (and an annoying part at that) so I usually try to do it fast and base it off how intelligent and quick the person comes across in the interview more than studying their resume in detail.

If there are big mistakes on the resumes (like it being 4 ****ing pages….I really got one yesterday) I toss it out, that’s about it.

Depends on the job you are applying to. A small company is not going to check, but a government agency or large corporation might.

Personally, I don’t check employment history unless something does not seem right in the interview. If someone has a job on their resume, but they have a hard time explaining or talking about it that might raises a flag and I might call to check.

However, the reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates is just a small part of my job (and an annoying part at that) so I usually try to do it fast and base it off how intelligent and quick the person comes across in the interview more than studying their resume in detail.

If there are big mistakes on the resumes (like it being 4 ****ing pages….I really got one yesterday) I toss it out, that’s about it.

Yeah I was thinking about trying to get a job with a gov't contractor or the gov't. So in that case just don't put it on there at all?

Archived