Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So tired of fans calling each other "haters"

AAARedskin

I think it's just an internet thing.

If we were all at a game I'd bet money that everyone's voice here would be gone before halftime regardless of who the QB is.

I don't think anyone here really "hates" it's just a cool thing to say when someone disagrees with you.

HATER!

its this website. I have seen more preposterous and insane topics or ideas brought up about this team over the past years than i ever imagined possible. Honestly, it can be way to overwhelming at times, and sometimes down right stupid.

I don't think anyone here really "hates" it's just a cool thing to say when someone disagrees with you.

HATER!

some do

some get their jollies pretending to be a "fan" only to stir up the board.

Some have other agendas.... is everyone a hater, of course not... but don't assume everyone is on the level about who or what they claim to be.

some do

some get their jollies pretending to be a "fan" only to stir up the board.

Some have other agendas.... is everyone a hater, of course not... but don't assume everyone is on the level about who or what they claim to be.

Yea but those guys usually don't post anything longer than one sentence so it's easy to see through them.

I can't imagine someone coming here and sticking around long enough to plant seeds of hate. I could be wrong but I guess it's not a big deal to me. Hate doesn't really bother me too much because I can ignore it.

I used to feel the same way. But over time you just learn to ignore those people you can't have a legit discussion with and talk more to those who you can.

Truth. I tend to look for names that give good discussion without the BS. Thinking Skins, you're on that list.

~bang

This discussion is a revolving door come every offseason. It goes round and round and where it stops, well it doesn't. We'll be speaking about this next year whether people want a new QB still or whatever the situation is.

We all will have opposing opinions at one point or another, and most can discuss them intelligently. Unfortunately there will always be a minority that resorts to name calling and the way to overcome them is to just ignore them.

"hate" is when the Skins make a splash in free agency, they get criticized for trying to buy a team, while if they dont, they get criticized for ignoring their needs.

thats just one example. its rampant all over this board - people who utilize this medium of communication as a way of constantly bashing the team they "love" versus simply discussing the teams moves. I bet there are a good number of posters on here that you could do a search on and see not one single positive/complimentary post in a group of 100.

its just the nature of the internet thats all...no big deal. there will always be people who will never be happy and there will be those that choose to look at each individual aspect and pass judgement for the sake of discussion. i'll keep berating the doom & gloomer sky is falling oh no it's been 10 minutes into the game and its already over-fans, hopefully one day they see the light.

its easier for people who dont like debating or explaining themselves to label people with negative opinions "haters". i think campbell is a poor QB, but im no hater. i think portis is a great runningback, doesnt make me a "homer". people throw that word around way too much.

id like to know exactly what a hater is actually.

BLC is a prime example of a hater! I'm sure he will be in here with an I hate JC attitude.

BLC with the points.

What's ironic is that I really do hate most of you. So, the title may actually work for me.

I'm kidding of course.

Not really. I would like to see a lot of you in intolerable pain.

Oh...come on...that's just not nice and totally untrue.

Except for the ones for which it is totally true. You know who you are.

Haha. Such a prankster.

But, seriously, some of you need to spend a week working on pig farms in Mexico.

I responded to a poster a few weeks ago about this very thing, and that poster and a few others try to jump in and "hate" on me for telling them to chill out with using that word.

I have been over the labeling people as "haters" or not "true fans" for a long time now. And, for those of you saying hate is an opinion, it is not. It is an emotion and a state of mind. It is such an immature copout to use that word or expression. So, I have to agree 100%with the OP on this point.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know as far as I'm concerned in this, I do not hate any player on our roster, and I certainly do not hate the Redskins. I love this team with the maximum amount of emotion and energy one could possibly put into an object or organization (the ONLY things I focus on and spend as much time with and care about more in this world than the Redskins are my wife and kids).

What I and, I believe, most of us want more than anything is to see this team succeed. Now, we may have a different opinion about what is going to help our team achieve another championship than some of our fellow posters, but that doesn't mean that I or anyone else hates anyone, poster or player.

It is one thing to be critical, everyone enjoys trying to express their own perspective and opinion on what the team needs. Personally I enjoy and respect an awful ot of people that post here for their insightful critiques. There are a lot of members far more knowledgable about football than I am and I benefit from their views. Simply trying to express an opinion of what we need to improve or where we might have a weakness is not at all the same thing as being a "hater".

Now there IS a faction here that is quite different. While they try to disguise themselves as just "ardent fans that desire more", their words belie that notion. Their overwhelming non-stop pessimism that frequently has little or no connection to reality belies the notion. Their willingness to spam every single thread with the twisted spew belies the notion.

I feel it is quite reasonable to consider such people "haters". Each and every thing that happens, no matter how small or how positive gets viewed through their warped lens of bitterness and turned into spew. People here have gone so far as to hope for a disastrously poor season to "teach Vinny and TheDan a lesson". Well, actively rooting for failure so that you can feel your twisted agenda is validated is pretty damn sad, and I defy anyone to stretch the definition of fan far enough to cover that.

To me, there is only one thing more annoying than those that can see absolutely nothing good about this organization...and that is someone that can see absolutely nothing wrong with this organization.

To me, there is only one thing more annoying than those that can see absolutely nothing good about this organization...and that is someone that can see absolutely nothing wrong with this organization.

:cool2:

its one thing to have an opinion about something. and in such cases to disagree is welcome especially in forums like ES. But to be unbending and make blind opinions about something based on no merit at all is hate. Plain and simple. call it what you want, love it or leave it alone, but if you practice this, you are a HATER. see below for examples.

if you have said these things in the past or more or less believe these things in any shape or form of the following statements, then sorry to say it but you are a HATER.

"colt brennan is a better qb then jason campbell" based on what? obviously the coaches don't think so. some nfl minds question if he has an arm good enough for the NFL.= HATER

"no Oline and WR's is just an excuse for Jason Campbell" name one other successful QB that doesn't need an Oline and Wr's. = HATER

"multiple Offensive Coordinators should carry not weight in evaluating Jason Campbell's progress or lack there of." hmmm, that makes sense, NOT = HATER

"despite his #'s carlos rogers is a terrible CB he needs to go."= HATER.

If i have offended you in anyway you must be a HATER!!

Archived