Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So tired of fans calling each other "haters"

AAARedskin

Fellow Redskin fans, this needs to be addressed now. It's immature and wrong to label another Skins fan as a "hater" because that fan may have doubts about a player like Jason Campbell, or any other player. (like Colt Brennan) I'm even more alarmed that some people on this site are starting to accuse Campbell doubters as "racists." Mature, intelligent, and civilized adults shouldn't be talking to each other like this! C'mon.....aren't we all mature enough not to lower ourselves to be talking to each other like this? Hey, I love intense debates, but enough is enough......let's all keep in mind that we all share a passion for our favorite team........the Redskins.

I agree, however, I'm afraid you're making it far more simpler than it is. There is definitely "hate" out there directed towards our players, and at times, it's at a ridiculous level. These people are "haters" no matter how you look at it. If you're simply speaking of those who can't stand anyone to have "doubts" about a certain player like Campbell, than of course you're right, but these types are few and far in between.

I think you have to understand the difference between doubting a player and outright negativity towards a player.

For instance, I doubt that Mike Williams can take over at RT for us. However, I'd love it if he does, and furthermore, I have plenty of hope that he does so. I will not bash him for his excessive weight, nor will I call him names. I want him to succeed, and even though it is doubtful, I will have hope and support him so long as he's wearing the colors of my favorite team.

You tell me if that's the type of mentality everyone here takes towards are players... can you honestly say that? How many times do we need to hear "Candle sucks", "Boonell gots to go!", or "Carlos 'no D' Rogers"? These are our players. We demand loyalty out of them, but we show none to them. If that's not "hate" I don't what is.

I suppose someone will answer and say that it's just all in good fun. I'll accept that, but if someone takes it the wrong way and considers it hate, you can't be surprised.

Perhaps a lot of us have a great deal of pent-up rage, because we all know in our hearts that our beloved Redskins have been really close to being the elite team we know that they are fully capable of becoming. For example, great coaching staffs can sometimes get into very heated arguments over what direction a team should be headed in. Don't misunderstand me......I love an intense debate here and there.....I'm just tired of the words HATER and RACIST............Hail!!!!!

Well then stop hatin.

:)

No offense, but you just don't get it do you? For a fan to say one guy should be the QB over another player isn't "hate." It's called doubt.....it's not believing in one guy's ability......but it's not hate.

speaking as someone who has been called more names than anyone on the board

when they start labeling you, it's the same as admitting defeat... because they can't logically debate the issue. Other people reading the threads understand what's going on. Someone calling a name to try and discredit someone, usually is discrediting themselves.

or because you are a hater

I hate...

Dallass cowpies

Philthy fecals

new yuck midgets

running on 3rd and long

Passing on 2nd and short

prevent defence

stupid people

people who call me a hater for expressing my opinion

people who take being PC to new and stupid depths

Old people drivers

nerds

Offensive linemen who line up across from me

people who dont get the F out of my way when im in a rush

asshats

people who dont get up for old people on the bus

people who dont learn my language in my country and get upset at me for not speaking wtf ever it is they speak.

people who travel to other countries and assume that people there will speak english

vegetarians who wear leather

Lesbians who wont give me a shot

Things I DO NOT HATE

fellow skins fans (even the dense ones)

No offense, but you just don't get it do you? For a fan to say one guy should be the QB over another player isn't "hate." It's called doubt.....it's not believing in one guy's ability......but it's not hate.

it depends on how you express your disbelief, too many speak in absolute truths, when they are just expressing a very biased opinion, at best.

It also depends on your reaction to person debating the other point of view, usually when you dismiss them without conceding any points, despite them being facts... leads one to believe there are more motives involved.

let's all keep in mind that we all share a passion for our favorite team........the Redskins.

many forms of hate are masked as professing love for something else.

Archived