Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good barbershops in NOVA?

LeesburgSkinFan

Barber Shop in Ashburn Village Center (shopping center with GIANT on Ashburn Village BLVD). Coming from the army, this is the closest to a "military" barber in Ashburn.

EDIT: Plus, they don't charge you $30 for a haircut. $13 baby.

Williamsburg Barbershop in Arlington, where Williamsburg Blvd. and Sycamore Street cross. Old fashioned place, 3 chairs, 13-14 bucks, and they have Skins stuff on the walls.

Plus which, there's a great Chinese food place a few doors down.

Williamsburg Barbershop in Arlington, where Williamsburg Blvd. and Sycamore Street cross. Old fashioned place, 3 chairs, 13-14 bucks, and they have Skins stuff on the walls.

No longer. They were bought out and the owners took all the Skins stuff down. I stopped going there after that.

No longer. They were bought out and the owners took all the Skins stuff down. I stopped going there after that.

What? When did this happen? I mean, I haven't been there in years, not since I moved to Woodbridge, but those guys were classic. Damn shame that the place has changed.

American Barber Shop in Woodbridge. Tony is prolly the best barber there, but I have this little asian woman named Tran trim me up like a bonsai tree. Straight razor to the back of the neck and sideburns, a little witch hazel at the end. Its a great cut, i dont even have to say anything anymore because i go to the same one every time.

Its a great cut, i dont even have to say anything anymore because i go to the same one every time.

Yeah I've gone to the same barber for about 15 years. I just walk in, sit down, and we start talking football, etc. He knows exactly how to cut it without asking.

What? When did this happen? I mean, I haven't been there in years, not since I moved to Woodbridge, but those guys were classic. Damn shame that the place has changed.

'Bout two years ago. They kept the old dude on as a barber. Reminded me of Brooks from Shawshank. It's almost as if Jake flew away when they took all the Skins gear down. No joke. The Posse Poster?

American Barber Shop in Woodbridge. Tony is prolly the best barber there, but I have this little asian woman named Tran trim me up like a bonsai tree. Straight razor to the back of the neck and sideburns, a little witch hazel at the end. Its a great cut, i dont even have to say anything anymore because i go to the same one every time.

Where per chance is this place located? I don't mind the place I go to now, they're friendly and all, but it doesn't have that barber shop feel with it's hardwood floors and kids area.

'Bout two years ago. They kept the old dude on as a barber. Reminded me of Brooks from Shawshank. It's almost as if Jake flew away when they took all the Skins gear down. No joke. The Posse Poster?

The posse poster, the RFK overhead, the cheerleader posters. I also enjoyed that spreadsheet they had that listed every super bowl winner and loser, as well as the winning and losing Quarterbacks. Glad to hear the old guy is still there at least. I never did get his name, but man does he love the Skins.

Tuffy's Barber Shop in Leesburg.

If it's still around it definitely was the real deal.

I've been going to Oak Street Barber in Chantilly lately, they do decent work.

its no longer tuffy's. its called sports barber shop and they still do a good job over there.

local sports memorabilia all over the walls now

There are no good barbers near where I live in SoMD, only crappy 'Hair Cuttery' types. One I was going to, each girl that did my hair wouldn't trim my sideburns properly, so when I got home and looked in the mirror, one side was maybe .25-.5" longer than the other and I had to trim it myself. :doh:

After a few months of complaining about terrible haircuts, my gf made me an appointment at this hair salon (you know the nice ones where they give you a glass of wine when you go in). I was a bit skeptical to spend $30 on a damn haircut, but they do a nice job and the chicks are hotter than at the other places.

Also, I have longer hair and I think chicks do a better job on longer hair than dudes, so thats why i usually have chicks do it.

Archived