Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Computer Help-Blue Screen

CenterSnap

A few days ago, my wireless internet wasnt working so I took the top off the CPU and made sure it wasnt loose. Now when i try to start my computer i get this message in the middle of loading:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x8499C5D0, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Refer to your Getting Started manual for more information on troubleshooting Stop errors.

------- END OF STOP ERROR

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Usually this is a bad hard drive or corrupted master boot record (MBR).

I am assuming by "taking the top off the cpu" you mean you took the side off the case. That doesn't really sound connected to your issue (as far as disconnected hard drive goes) because a BSOD is Windows error reporting and that means your hard drive is being found.

Try using F8 to go into safemode (command prompt is all that will probably work) and type the command "chkdsk /r". This will search for any disk errors, "fix" the error and then recover the information.

If that doesn't work, you may need to try the fixmbr command.

This could be a virus but in my experience its usually just due to a hardware malfunction which is usually repairable in the short term at least (but you may want to think about getting it somewhere and having your hard drive replaced and data transferred before the drive completely fails).

Ahhhh! BSOD

Can't really know if its fixable without working on it. There may be some fixes but its likely, like stated above, that you've got a corrupted hard drive.

drums and skins solution is probably the best. Back up the info if you can and go from there.

A few days ago, my wireless internet wasnt working so I took the top off the CPU and made sure it wasnt loose.

Say what?!

Why would you take the top off your CPU if your internet isn't working?

You do know what the CPU is, don't you?

My last BSOD looked like this:

bluescreen-wallpaper.png

but I haven't seen one 'in the wild' since I switched to Ubuntu in June '06.

However, if you have actually taken the top off your CPU (the heat sink), maybe it wasn't put back on properly and the CPU is overheating.

Blue Screen is tough to figure out if you are not physically working on the system. My best bet is to go to Best Buy and let some of the Tech guys check it out. I think they charge $50 bucks to look at it.

Next time when you got the means try OS X. You will love it.

Say what?!

Why would you take the top off your CPU if your internet isn't working?

You do know what the CPU is, don't you?

but I haven't seen one 'in the wild' since I switched to Ubuntu in June '06.

However, if you have actually taken the top off your CPU (the heat sink), maybe it wasn't put back on properly and the CPU is overheating.

Yea I have a wireless internet adapter thats in the CPU, not an actuall connection

Most likely you'll have format c:and reload everything.

It's possible, but most blue screens don't need to resort to that. If your hard drive really is on the way out a reformat won't prevent this from happening again.

You might try running hard drive diagnostics from something like the Ultimate Boot CD. (Available as a free download, just google it.)

I still can't see how it's possible to have a wireless internet adapter inside the Central Processing Unit.

What make (AMD, INTEL, etc) and type of CPU do you have?

It seems you're being intentionally obtuse. While it's true that the CPU technically refers to the main processor, I think most people can also recognize that in common slang the CPU is the entire box.

It seems you're being intentionally obtuse. While it's true that the CPU technically refers to the main processor, I think most people can also recognize that in common slang the CPU is the entire box.

Did that really go over his head? I mean really?

Those 'most people' you refer to would be those who really have NFI what they are talking about. Most people I know usually say 'I have a problem with my computer.' 100% of those people also use Windows.

If anyone asks for help, it is usually a good idea to know the terminology.

It's like 'When I press the button, nothing happens. What's wrong?'

Nope, but I just wonder why so many people keep turning to PC and keep ****ing time and time again when there are clearly better alternatives out there that don't cause the same headaches.

because macs are expensive.

that's basically the reason right there.

because macs are expensive.

that's basically the reason right there.

Why not build a pc to your own specs, for approx $1000.

Software - Vista ($200), MS Office ($500), Photoshop ($600) - just for starters.

($ in Australian)

There's $2300 for starters, and you have yet to use it.

Build a pc to your own specs, knowing that Ubuntu will be your only OS - $1000

Software - Ubuntu 9.04 ($0), OpenOffice ($0), GIMP ($0).

There's a saving of $1300 already.

I'm not saying a Mac will be any cheaper, but a non-M$ pc is a far cheaper alternative, and you'll have far less problems than a M$ pc. You will even get to use YOUR pc the way you want, not how M$ determines it should be used.

Archived