Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Rookie QB .......

jimster

Which rookie QB will see regular-season game action first?

most of these guys are slated to be third stringers, except maybe in Chicago, Jacksonville and possibley Baltimore (they have Anthony Wright from Dallas -I'd probably have him starting over Chris Redman if I was coach...and am glad Dallas cut him-he's not bad).

It has to be Boller. Billick doesn't have enough patience with Redman to let Redman learn from his mistakes. It won't take a lot for Boller to get off the bench. He may even have the starting job by the end of camp.

I went with Boller although a dark horse could be Simms. Not so much because of Johnson playing badly more because he is a slow old man who could get injured. If Johnson goes down and Simms impresses in training camp Gruden may be tempted to give him a shot.

I went with Boller although a dark horse could be Simms. Not so much because of Johnson playing badly more because he is a slow old man who could get injured. If Johnson goes down and Simms impresses in training camp Gruden may be tempted to give him a shot.

ditto with brunelle and leftwich.

Originally posted by jimster

Which rookie QB will see regular-season game action first?

most of these guys are slated to be third stringers, except maybe in Chicago, Jacksonville and possibley Baltimore (they have Anthony Wright from Dallas -I'd probably have him starting over Chris Redman if I was coach...and am glad Dallas cut him-he's not bad).

Anthony Wright over Chris Redman????

The guy has 1 one career win, VS. us in the 9-7 borefest of 2001, and plays poorly anytime he is on the field. Chris Redman looked very good after his first 2 career starts, and doesn't turn the ball over.

Kitna played well from Cincy's bye week until the end of the season last year. The only QB in the NFL that produced more TDs over the last 10 weeks was Pennington and Kitna's rating over that period was a respectable 86.8.

If Marv wants Palmer to sit for a year I don't think Kitna will play badly enough to force his hand.

In addition to injuries, how quickly teams are eliminated from race competition will also figure into the equation. Once the fans see the inevitable, they will clamor for the new guy. Attendance and management sensitivity to the fans may push teams such as Cincy, Baltimore, or Jacksonville to make the switch if they flounder early.

All Anthony Wright does is beat the Redskins (sigh).

I voted for Leftwich, because I think he's a rare talent, but Boller is probably the surer choice. Actually, given the beating that Carr takes, it wouldn't stun me to see Ragone relieve him due to injury before any other of the QBs is out there.

I note that Gibran Hamdan didn't make the list....

Archived