Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When can we expect Rookies to sign?

When do we start seeing rookies signing? -- I know typically they establish the first 5 picks salaries and start working from there. However, since we have a second / third and seventh I think we should get these guys signed quickly.

Any guesses on to the date we start to see some people sign? I believe most schools have graduated already.

They will take their time signing their three picks. Right now since they are not signed they do not count against the 80 man squad. When they sign them they will have to cut three players. Waiting gives them time to evaluate other players.

Things have sure changed since the days of George Allen. Allen use to bring 120 players into camp for fodder for his real players. Now you can only have 80 players (exempt NFLE) so the old methods don't work. Now with all the mini-camps and practice sessions its like training camp from the draft until opening day.

New players are signed evaluated and then cut and others brought in. By the time real training camp starts only those with real chances to make the team are left.

Couple of weeks before camp eh? :cool: It's a good thing. Tends to stretch out the news a bit. Very important this time of the year. Nothing like a "Hey. Skins signed rookie....: thread to break up the sloooooooooow offseason. :silly:

:cheers:

Archived