Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd round pick....Jason William OLB

.THEkid.

freeman or casillas would be the only LBs i'd want with the 3rd pick. I feel like we're upgrading our defense even though we were good last year. o-line seems like it should definitely be adressed. but, i think if duke isn't there, it's a reach for any other lineman. i'd rather pick macho harris or an lb with the third round pick because they're more likely to play. i can't see any 3rd round pick coming in and starting/contributing over anyone on our oline currently. if thomas goes down, we have depth. samuels, heyer/jansen, we have depth. center can be addressed with a later pick.

freeman or casillas would be the only LBs i'd want with the 3rd pick. I feel like we're upgrading our defense even though we were good last year. o-line seems like it should definitely be adressed. but, i think if duke isn't there, it's a reach for any other lineman. i'd rather pick macho harris or an lb with the third round pick because they're more likely to play. i can't see any 3rd round pick coming in and starting/contributing over anyone on our oline currently. if thomas goes down, we have depth. samuels, heyer/jansen, we have depth. center can be addressed with a later pick.

Casillas does not make sense. He is projected to be a WLB at the next level. Freeman first of all is a OSU LB and I'd be leery of them. Second, he does not make a lot of big plays. Follett is more of what we are looking for. He may only be about 240, but he is very strong and does an excellent job of fighting through blocks. It does not hurt that he is an excellent blitzer as well.

yeah and Antonio Pierce was too light to play MLB and Derrick Brooks weighed 220

Pierce is a freak and an aberration. You won't find many MLB's his size that are successful.

Brooks plays SAM in a Tampa 2 which is a read/react and not a run support role. Apples and Oranges.

Casillas does not make sense. He is projected to be a WLB at the next level. Freeman first of all is a OSU LB and I'd be leery of them. Second, he does not make a lot of big plays. Follett is more of what we are looking for. He may only be about 240, but he is very strong and does an excellent job of fighting through blocks. It does not hurt that he is an excellent blitzer as well.

Don't be leery of Freeman because he went to The Ohio State University, be leery of him because he is more likely to be a safety in the NFL IMO.

Archived