Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dr Snyde-love or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Mark

BruinSkin

If we take 'address needs' this year and then take a QB next year, we'll "trade away our future" even more than before, as we have few picks this year ANYWAY.

I'd rather get that QB now, then have the full draft stock (minus what it took to get him) to give him the supporting cast.

And when did you guys think we suck? If but for good QB play (as 2005/7 proved) we're a playoff team. We compete against the best throughout the year but our offense sucks NOT because of Moss or Portis or even the line getting run down (though that doesn't help, I admit) but because of poor QB play.

If Sanchez is "that" guy and is ready to go for real in 2010 or it pushes Colt and he surprises for 2009, then we win in that deal.

With Jason you're looking at SQUEAKING through a season and getting to the playoffs but nothing more because he can't play the position at a high enough level.

People keep talking about other needs--QUICK, name the Arizona Cardinals starting SAM LB (or Will!)

Quick name the Cardinals or Steelers RT!!!

If you didnt' KNOW IT offhand, then you might start to get a clue of how important the QB position is vis a vis the importance of RTs and SAM LBs.

If you put Anthony Munoz, Siddhartha Gautama Buddha, Yeshua the Christ and Bruce Wayne at our weak spots, it's not going to bleeping make a SB WINNER out of this team.

Nor are the Qbs next year necessarily better prospects. I get a good laugh when people talk about Tebow being ranked higher than Sanchez next year. I know right off the bat to ignore their football opinions (as to draft ranking, Tebow may very well eventually develop...)

its just another excuse to help the idea that jason will be good. brees was lighting it up pretty early in his career, definitely before his 36th start, and he was on fire after that.

Actually Brees did nothing for the Chargers the first 2 years under Marty Shottenheimer and even got benched. Why do you think they drafted Eli Manning #1 overall and then worked out a deal for Phillip Rivers?

I think the evidence speaks for itself.

Then they traded him away right about the same time Jason is at in his Career, and Drew Brees became an MVP. I think we owe it to ourselves not to repeat such a mistake and to give Jason Campbell one more year of evaluation. Besides, he's in the last year of his contract so if he doesn't work out, it's not like it will cost us anything, which it will an arm and a leg to sign Sanchez.

Also, if Drew Brees was always such a gunslinger, he sure wasn't allowed to show it under a reserved conservative Marty Shottenheimer. Marty Ball anyone?

The bottom line is common sense will tell you to wait one more year before you assertain the QB situation because by then everything will be concrete to anylize, and there will be just as good and probably better QB talent available. Also, what good is a rookie QB if your offensive line can't protect them? Rookie QBs are fragile even when the most talented. Anybody remember Patrick Ramsey and how Steve Spurrier ruined him?

Thanks for your analysis. I went to USC a long time ago when they had some famous running backs. I think we need a good USC linebacker now or an offensive lineman from UVA, etc. etc. I am not sure what I want as we wait to find out today. I was disappointed in JC last year. Now they have announced the Jets made a trade. Looks like we lost Sanchez.

Archived