Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post Live.......What Happened? Ivan Carter needs to go.

Long-Time-Fan

a friend of mine heard Thaler was possibly asked politely to step aside because of concern that the show was too dominated by him and wasn't really a Washington Post operation

I wish somebody would @ The Post would realize Ivan Carter is a BIG drop off in talent.Beg Thaler to come back PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone watch WPL last night? The subject of Michael Vick came up and Ivan said "Well they (the Redskins) have a racist logo, might as well have a dog fighter as their quarterback" :doh:

He played it off as a joke but he wasn't joking. When someone else pointed out that his comment wasn't funny he said "well it's true!". It was very awkward. Comcast has a good relationship with the franchise; he should watch what he says. :2cents:

The problem with WPL is that THEY NEED TO GET A DC GUY TO HOST THE SHOW.

Russ Thaler was a DIE HARD NEW YORK fan and admitted it.

Gene Wang is a DIE HARD DALLAS COWBOY FAN and admits it.

Ivan Carter is a DIE HARD MINNESOTA FAN (all sports) and admits it.

Give me someone that will represent DC and bring local flavor. They dont have to be a hardcore homer but someone that sees things from our perspective.

I dont know...a Phil Wood, Steve Buckhantz, Dan Hellie....type of guy.

Give me a WASHINGTONIAN on Washington Post Live.

As for the RACIST remarks...apparently the overwhelming majority of Native Americans are not bothered by it.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/6093796/

Our indian head logo is not much different than the Chicago Blackhawks, Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves logos.

Ivan is a guy you wouldn't mind hanging out with at a bar or club, but I just don't think he's polished enough for TV. Some of the stuff he says is just retarded and I think he tries too hard to be a hip and cool guy instead of being a professional talk show host. It is funny when he tries flirting with some of the hot chicks they bring into the show though.

I dont watch the show anymore.

1) I dont see Burgandy and Gold Daily (On Daily)

2) IC just isnt the one,I cant recall exactly what he said but to go along the lines of calling the Redskins racists he made one HUGE inappropriate sexist joke on like his 1st or 2nd show.

The guys got to go,no chances needed, just show him the door.

And I agree the show needs a DC Native,not someoutsider.

Did anyone watch WPL last night? The subject of Michael Vick came up and Ivan said "Well they (the Redskins) have a racist logo, might as well have a dog fighter as their quarterback" :doh:

He played it off as a joke but he wasn't joking. When someone else pointed out that his comment wasn't funny he said "well it's true!". It was very awkward. Comcast has a good relationship with the franchise; he should watch what he says. :2cents:

He's right though. If your name and logo is racist, why draw the line at dog fighting?

Why is he always clicking his pen? It is so distracting. He is also always cutting guests off.

He made a major career mistake, because the WP Wizards beat writer was the better route for him. He got along with the players and coaches. He could have gone futher in the NBA ranks.

It was probably a wise career move to transition into TV, cuz beat writing for a newspaper ain't what it used to be. Newspapers are a dying medium.

Now I agree, he's not any good as the host, but he's a rookie. He can get better. He's just not good playing traffic cop, but when he's in his element giving opinion and talking inside info, he's much more comfortable.

He's right though. If your name and logo is racist, why draw the line at dog fighting?

You have to be kidding me. He's wrong, it wasn't funny, and it's insulting to the Redskins organization and its fans. Considering the fan base that watches the show, it was also stupid. :helmet:

what the hell is this thread about anyway. I caught hell from whatshisface because I started a thread aobut upcoming football magazines which would feature articles about the Redskins as well as predictions about the NFL east and give rosters about all the teams the Skins would be playing...and yet whatshisuglyface posted this:

"what's this have to do with the Redksins".

Well in his case, we understand that he is a knucklehead who follows me around just looking for trouble, but in THIS case I am serious when I ask:

"whats this have to do with the Redskins"

what the hell is this thread about anyway. I caught hell from whatshisface because I started a thread aobut upcoming football magazines which would feature articles about the Redskins as well as predictions about the NFL east and give rosters about all the teams the Skins would be playing...and yet whatshisuglyface posted this:

"what's this have to do with the Redksins".

Well in his case, we understand that he is a knucklehead who follows me around just looking for trouble, but in THIS case I am serious when I ask:

"whats this have to do with the Redskins"

B00005RIYQ.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056700948_.jpg

No, he's wrong. And so are you for believing he's right.

You've got to be kidding. You might wanna look up the origin of the term. It's inapproriate at best, racist at worst. Having a race of people be a mascot is bad enough, but to actually call them the pejorative "Redskins" is just salt in the wound. And then to be ignorant enough to think there's nothing wrong with it is nuts. You couldn't have a team called the Washington Blacks, or Washington White Boys. It's just Native Americans have been dumped on for so long, nobody cares enough to care.

I mean, George Preston Marshall who was owner of the team when they came up with the name was a known racist. Nah, he couldn't possibly have come up with a racist nickname. lol

Archived