Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post Live.......What Happened? Ivan Carter needs to go.

Long-Time-Fan

Who in the H E double Hockey sticks decided to let Russ Thaler go and then move the moron they have now into position?

This guy is a JOKE

He has no buisness in TV.

Somebody please do something.

:hysterical: Not liking Ivan Carter huh? You're not alone he was annoying enough as one of the WPo's reporters. I believe he covered the Wizards. Better him than Jason Reid or LaCa Loser I say.

I never liked any of the guys they had on to interview,But this Ivan dude has got to go.

I live in Mo. so I love WPL it's "ALL" I get that talks Redskins.

Atleast Russ could communicate with the camera,this Russian named JackArse named Ivan is pathetic.

LaCaLoser is a good one,I like that.

Hee's like the mini-me of Dan Snyder.

I couldn't belive it when they said Carter was the new guy. He just isn't a T.V. host. I noticed they took him off Wizards coverage. Russ is still on Sportsnite.

Who the hell thought this was a good idea:silly:??? IC was tolerable most times as the Wizards beatwriter or whatever the hell he does. Guess I'll watch WPL with the sound mute and the closed caption on unless it's someone I actually want to see.

Why is he always clicking his pen? It is so distracting. He is also always cutting guests off.

He made a major career mistake, because the WP Wizards beat writer was the better route for him. He got along with the players and coaches. He could have gone futher in the NBA ranks.

give the dude a chance,he is just getting started..he is working out the kinks seeing what works for him and what doesn't.it's way to early to tell what the guy can do for the show...

c'mon Mrs. Carter, let your son make his own way in the world :laugh:

I love Russ Thaler, and he's still on ComcastSportsNet.

Is there any chance Thaler was filling in for others on sportsnite because of all the draft coverage, so Carter had to fill in for Thaler? I mean tomorrow they have Jill Sorensen covering the Ravens, which she never does, while Kelli Johnson doing the Skins, with everyone else all over the place.

Is Carter seriously the permanent host? I've seen him host while Thaler goes on vacation and Carter is painful, he sounds like he's trying to act cool by making his voice as low as possible. He's like a knock-off move trailer voiceover.

Carter is super awkward as an "anchor", but he's cool. Give the guy time. That's got to be a tough gig going from b-ball beat reporter, to WP columnist or whatever, to lead guy. He's knowledgeable, but he seems a little uncomfortable. Why is this in this forum again, and how many of you have Communications degrees and work for a major network? Few I'm sure. Cut the dude some slack.

I love Russ Thaler, and he's still on ComcastSportsNet.

Is there any chance Thaler was filling in for others on sportsnite because of all the draft coverage, so Carter had to fill in for Thaler? I mean tomorrow they have Jill Sorensen covering the Ravens, which she never does, while Kelli Johnson doing the Skins, with everyone else all over the place.

Is Carter seriously the permanent host? I've seen him host while Thaler goes on vacation and Carter is painful, he sounds like he's trying to act cool by making his voice as low as possible. He's like a knock-off move trailer voiceover.

Carter is the full time host: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/03/new_wpl_host_ivan_carter.html

I caught some of him this week. He seems really robotic and uncomfortable. I always found him annoying. He tries too hard to be cool.

I liked Thaler a lot. Whenever he wasn't on the show, I didn't seem to care as much about watching when it wasn't football season. He's going to be the anchor for Sportsnight as well as do some new web stuff Comcast is trying. Since he was already on Sportsnight a fair amount, it kinda seems like a demotion to me.

• 3 weeks later...
When I watched the first few days of Carter on WPL he seemed real uncomfortable and had a hard time getting the words out. Havent watched it recently to see if he got any better. Personally I thought Russ did a pretty good job.

Hasn't gotten much better. He is still clicking his pen, cutting the guests off, and forcing comments in when they are not needed.

Also the most hilarious part is when he tries to do the show ending comments. Russ did awesome at sharing his thoughts on certain topics. Ivan? Well lets just say he doesn't have much philosophical thinking.

Archived