Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Campbell Planning His Next Move

Oldskool

I agree. 8-8, give or take a few, just makes Snyderatto think they're a stone's throw away from the big time.

I can't take anymore of that. Certainly not another five years of it.

If we are going to win......let's do it well.

And if we are going to lose....let's do that well too, and get a top draft pick. And maybe a decent GM too.

Don't even think he'll even get that chance. He'll be shipped out on draft day for a pick to get Sanchez. His ego must be hurt because he won't even get the last word. Poor guy...

I have a feeling he will get the last word. Dan and Vinnie will give up too much to get Sanchez, and we will not be able to address our immediate needs. JC will have a serious chip on his shoulder and puts up some ridiculous numbers this year, and continue to have a solid career. We will be here again here on ES complaining again. We do not have a track record nor the talent in our FO to pick solid performers with the exception of maybe one or two players in the late rounds the way Bobby Beathard and Charlie Casserly.

Echo your sentiment.

Jason, you are a cry baby! Do you realize the amount of investment that the Skins and their fans made in you. We gave up 3 draft picks, including a 1st rounder to get you. Then because you didn't have the football savvy, you warmed the bench for a 1 and a 1/2! When you were handed the ropes ... you did little to inspire confidence.

You and your fans can blame everyone for your poor play... But, you know in your heart you are not an elite QB. If you are scared of competition, it doesn't speak much about your abilities/confidence -- Does it?!

Have to agree.. JC shouldnt be afraid of competition and should take the mentality to compete to win the job and make Snyder keep him.

Unfortunately for him that's been quite a few weeks he is on the trading block. I feel sorry for him, we've got an untrustworthy FO which keeps on saying he's the franchise QB while trying to trade him. When trust is gone there is no way it can be fixed.

I have a feeling he will get the last word. Dan and Vinnie will give up too much to get Sanchez, and we will not be able to address our immediate needs. JC will have a serious chip on his shoulder and puts up some ridiculous numbers this year, and continue to have a solid career. We will be here again here on ES complaining again. We do not have a track record nor the talent in our FO to pick solid performers with the exception of maybe one or two players in the late rounds the way Bobby Beathard and Charlie Casserly.

Wish him luck, but I doubt it. He'll be only a rookie (1st year new system) and we know how well he does in freshman year. Or, maybe, he'll be better in sophomore year, have All pro OL, couple All pro RBs / WRs / TEs, Top 5 D with high t/o ratio and so on.

I beleive we are prepared to allow Colt an opportunity to win the starting job this season, or go with Collins until Sanchez is ready, that is IF we do draft him. But I can guarantee Sanchez will pick up on Zorns offense very fast, he just looks like an instinktive type QB, which I don't think Stafford is and why he will struggle. With that said I really hope we don't go with Sanchez, we really need to deal down and acquire picks, trade JC and decide this season if Colt will be the guy, if not we target a QB next season, we wasted 4 years on JC, 1 more year to find out if Colt can play is not going to kill us at this point, and Colt will really have to be bad not to at least stay on pace with what JC has done so far. Either way it will be very tough for JC to stay on with us because Colt may or may not be able to play against starters, but he will light up the pre season scrubs now that he's fully healthy and has his first season under his belt, and with the JC coddling over he might not be able to hang on to the starters role over either Colt or collins?

We can do this to Jason...let the dude show how he can play in his second season under the same off systeem.

I am starting to doubt if he wants to resign next year, I mean Dan and Vinny are really showing the outside world ''we don't trust you, we like a 16 game starting college QB more''.

All the 'Skins say that Campbell is a hard worker and they like him....maby Snyder needs to listen to them and not focus to mush on himself as the pre-season king.

What? Campbell wouldn't be up for some competition? That's some straight-up loser thinking, right there. I believe Sanchez was told by Snyder that he would have to compete for the starting spot.

Hey Jason, I hear Safeway's hiring.

Um, no.

Campbell would have every right to be pissed off.

He was lied to about Cutler, and then that debacle would be followed up with drafting Sanchez.

It has nothing to do with competition, it would have everything to do with getting treated like crap by the organization that drafted you in the first place.

I'm not even a real Campbell fan, but a person makes themselves sound completely biased and out of touch with reality when they post stupid things like this.

These idiots are trashing a once distingished and dominant organization and making it look irresponsible and dumb! Last time I checked the head coach is supposed to be the face of the franchise..I can't believe now we are in the media so much after being accustomed to Joe Gibbs and his solidarity in running the team in the 80's and mid 2000's. Gibbs had integrity and grit, Zorn is a do boy for Cerrato and Snyder He is letting them make him look like he doesnt even control his own team! Zorn has got to be outspoken with what he wants. If he wants Sanchez then just say it!! But stop making it seem like noone in D.C has any brains, and he will coach whomever they give him! He is supposed to control his team top to bottom!

These idiots are trashing a once distingished and dominant organization and making it look irresponsible and dumb! Last time I checked the head coach is supposed to be the face of the franchise..I can't believe now we are in the media so much after being accustomed to Joe Gibbs and his solidarity in running the team in the 80's and mid 2000's. Gibbs had integrity and grit, Zorn is a do boy for Cerrato and Snyder He is letting them make him look like he doesnt even control his own team! Zorn has got to be outspoken with what he wants. If he wants Sanchez then just say it!! But stop making it seem like noone in D.C has any brains, and he will coach whomever they give him! He is supposed to control his team top to bottom!

You make a good point about Zorn start acting like he is in charge but he has no leverage now because he wants to keep his job for more than this year. He has to coach whichever quarterback these two clowns give him to coach. He knows if he gets too vocal then they switch coaches next year.

Yeah, Zorn has to keep his head low. We have completely football ignorant people running the show.

Assuming that the Skins front office is incompetent, which is another debate, are all of the other front offices ignorant as well? Because if they aren't, why wouldn't they offer a 2nd rd pick for JC if he has legitimate potential? If it's not his football skills, then what is it? Do they not like mustaches?

Assuming that the Skins front office is incompetent, which is another debate, are all of the other front offices ignorant as well? Because if they aren't, why wouldn't they offer a 2nd rd pick for JC if he has legitimate potential? If it's not his football skills, then what is it? Do they not like mustaches?

I think because they are smarter, they know Snyder wants to get rid of JC so he is in demand of a trade, not them. They have an advantage over him and they just want to use it giving only a 3rd rounder while they know he is worth a second. Snyder doesn't pull the strings here, these teams will give him what they want not what he wants.

What we haven't heard is Campbell actually say these things. What's truly disappointing is people will bash Campbell based on hearsay and call him a crybaby. Campbell has handled this thing with class and professionalism in the media, but fans here will take whatever rumors say as gospel and say he's a crybaby.

I guess people just hear what they want to hear, huh?

We will see tomorrow. I think the odds are Jason is the starter in 2009.

I still think the odds are good that this is Snyder and Vinnie blowing smoke either strategically or because they are really, really PO'ed by the media's treatment (fair or unfair or both) of them.

Then the odds are good that the Skins don't have the bulletts to move where they need to be to get Sanchez.

Then the odds that JC wouldn't be shipped in conjunction with this

acquisition by the skins seem very slim.

So a scenario where all this happens, Sanchez is here and JC is still here to storm into Vinnie's office, or do a TO in his driveway, to demand a trade seems very unlikely to me.

We will see tomorrow. I think the odds are Jason is the starter in 2009.

I still think the odds are good that this is Snyder and Vinnie blowing smoke either strategically or because they are really, really PO'ed by the media's treatment (fair or unfair or both) of them.

Then the odds are good that the Skins don't have the bulletts to move where they need to be to get Sanchez.

Then the odds that JC wouldn't be shipped in conjunction with this

acquisition by the skins seem very slim.

So a scenario where all this happens, Sanchez is here and JC is still here to storm into Vinnie's office, or do a TO in his driveway, to demand a trade seems very unlikely to me.

I hope you're right. We'll find out tomorrow.

I think because they are smarter, they know Snyder wants to get rid of JC so he is in demand of a trade, not them. They have an advantage over him and they just want to use it giving only a 3rd rounder while they know he is worth a second. Snyder doesn't pull the strings here, these teams will give him what they want not what he wants.

You are mistaken. Jay Cutler was in a much uglier situation before he was traded. How did that work out in compensation for the Broncos?

It is about the demand teams have for a player. There is no bidding war for JC. If he was more talented there would be. When a team passes up on more compensation in terms of draft picks because they feel Orton is a superior player compared to Jason, it clears up what his value is.

What we haven't heard is Campbell actually say these things. What's truly disappointing is people will bash Campbell based on hearsay and call him a crybaby. Campbell has handled this thing with class and professionalism in the media, but fans here will take whatever rumors say as gospel and say he's a crybaby.

I guess people just hear what they want to hear, huh?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/23/AR2009042304673.html?hpid=topnews

Archived