Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don Banks of SI.com: Eagles appear to be front runner for TE Gonzalez

WALEOVECHKIN

• The buzz about the Chiefs resuming their attempts to trade veteran tight end Tony Gonzalez has restarted, and it sounds as if the Eagles might have nosed ahead of the Falcons as the most likely trade partner. Philly is thought to be willing to give up a third-rounder for Gonzalez. But Kansas City is seeking at least a second-round pick for a player it considers a future Hall of Famer, and may not be willing to bear the brunt of any criticism that could come if it's perceived to have given away Gonzalez too cheaply.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/04/22/snaps/1.html

When was that again?

He's fragile.

I think he means last year:

Gonzalez 2008 stats: 96 catches 1058 yds 10 tds while playing and and starting all 16 games and he didn't exactly have studs tossing him the pigskin.

Gonzalez has only missed 2 games in his 11 year career. If thats fragile then I want a whole team of guys who are fragile...

I hope they do get him. On and on it goes how Philly now is trying to trade for everyone and they are praised for it yet we would be blasted for it. Please do this because this will only lead to more disaster in Philly when they score 35 a game but give up 38 :)

I obviously do not want Gonzo in Philly, but I have to laugh. When the Eagles eventually do not land him, and he goes somewhere else for about the same money, it'll be "well the front office tried", lol.

The Eagles have the biggest list of "almost signed" players I have ever seen.

I obviously do not want Gonzo in Philly, but I have to laugh. When the Eagles eventually do not land him, and he goes somewhere else for about the same money, it'll be "well the front office tried", lol.

The Eagles have the biggest list of "almost signed" players I have ever seen.

The Skins have a pretty lengthy list over the last few years, too. As long as the Eagles, I'd bet.

Just seen it.

If you don't see the difference in a messageboard post with a video that shows footage of every sack and just a random off the cuff opinion, schooling in America is worse than I thought.

I could care less about what the guy said. Just the content he provided.

Just seen it.

If you don't see the difference in a messageboard post with a video that shows footage of every sack and just a random off the cuff opinion, schooling in America is worse than I thought.

Hey, I just thought it was funny. I never said I agreed with him or not.

Yeah, I will admit I was owned but my statements weren't meant to be the same. I don't trust anything random people say on team messageboards but always look to content posted, if it can be verified. Dorks who love their team always search and find videos, articles, stats, etc.

The Eagles should have pulled this trigger before the trade deadline last year, because I really thought the Chiefs were looking for the same compensation then. It would be huge as they desparately need a playmaking TE, much more so than the oft-ballyhooed #1 WR. I couldn't imagine the run/pass ratio if AR had Gonzalez @ TE and Weaver @ FB as upgrades over last year.

Just seen it.

Originally Posted by Westbrook36 viewpost.gif

Diehard Bills fan breaks down every sack and puts 5.5 on Peters. Posts video and rationale on every one.

Come on now, you state that the Die Hard Buffalo Bills Fan puts 5.5 on Peters, so odviously you are including his analysis as part of your defense. Why is this not a random off the cuff opinion, I guarantee that 10 other guys could watch the same video and give him 6.5 sacks or 7.5 sacks or 11.5 sacks. KDAWG broke down the video and gave him 12 sacks. What makes crazy bills fan more knowledgeable than KDAWG.:eaglesuck

I do not think the addition of T. Gonzalez is going to change anything for the Eagles. They have no run game. Westbroke is over/under for games played this year is probably 10. He will turn 30 beforthe season starts. They don't have the gut to pull the trigger on Bolden or Edwards so there going to make this half hearted attemp to get Tony G. Even if they land him what really is he going to accomplish, he himself is 33 and on the down turn whether or not he got 1000 yards last season. With McNabb throwing to him I don't think Tony G. has the youthfull body to be twisting and bending to catch McNuggets errant passes. Especially in a pressure position. Eagles had there chance and they blew it, when the NFC was weak they were strong and they didn't take advantage. I love some people around here say our FO should be more like the Eagles but that would be the worst. Who in their right mind wants to be self proclaimed "One player away" and be 30 million under the cap!

Hail

Doesn't scare me too much. He's dangerous, but he'd only be there for a few years. And I don't see him having the impact that a Boldin or Edwards could.

He's better than what they have by a mile and fits in great with the offense they have. Eagles could be a scary good team this year.

Archived