Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Postgameheroes.com: DRAFT PREVIEW

heliKCx17

Hey guys, This is KC from postgameheroes.com

For all you draft-gurus, I've put together a huge draft preview, everything you need to know for all 32 teams. I have watched film, read everday's beat from all 32 teams, and have compiled this in addition to 'expert' analysis. This should make for some great discussion, and I'd like for everyone to have it as a guide come draft day.

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=6221

Thanks KC, always love the breakdowns from PGH. And I think you hit our needs dead on. While Campbell might not be the answer, we have to build up our offensive line so the QB under center (whomever that might be) can have some protection. If we can address OT, I do agree a linebacker like Mauluga or a DE like Orakpo would be just what the doctor ordered to make our 2009 defense 2004-esque.

Hey guys, This is KC from postgameheroes.com

For all you draft-gurus, I've put together a huge draft preview, everything you need to know for all 32 teams. I have watched film, read everday's beat from all 32 teams, and have compiled this in addition to 'expert' analysis. This should make for some great discussion, and I'd like for everyone to have it as a guide come draft day.

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=6221

:munchout:.....ummm, popcorn needs more butter. BRB.....

Very cool. I'd agree with that.

Who's the CB we've looked at? I'd rather a ol/dl/lb prospect. Maybe we trade Rogers for a pick?

Trading Rogers for a pick would be ridiculous. Smoot is not a #2 corner, and Carlos is one of the better CBs in the league. We need to keep him. This young guy Toler is fast and athletic, as well as a local product, so he's a strong option for us.

Washington Redskins

BIGGEST NEEDS: OT, DE, OLB, G/C, FS

If Orakpo is here, Daniel Snyder rides Superman one last time (before his amusement park shuts down) to the podium to take him. I think they need OT more than anything else, so Andre Smith falling would be huge too. If they are both gone, Oher is the next in line, and if he is gone too, TRADE DOWN! If that is not an option, Rey Maualuga is the best option as he will play OLB until Fletcher leaves and will be Washington’s ‘Rey-Rey’ for years to come. This defense is one athletic, hard-hitter at DE or LB away from being elite. Trading up for Sanchez would be a disaster, unless of course he can avoid getting sacked after 1.5 seconds and he can produce 7-10 sacks on the defensive side. Trading down would be the best bet, they could get Britton/Beatty to play RT and also get an edge rusher like Ayers, English, or Maybin/Brown if they are still around. In the third look for them to take the CB Toler, a local product that ran a 4.36 and Snyder is in love with. Beyond that, look for trench depth and maybe a sleeper WR like Barden, and they could also use a scat-back like Devin Moore out of Wyoming to compliment Portis.

*Belch*....ok i'm back....Bruh, its like you were reading my mind. I would love for them to trade down and still pick up a decent LB with first pick and while addressing OL, DL, and RB for depth. Good work

Thanks looks good. I like the analysis that Sanchez would be a disaster, and I totally agree.

Just curious though, why is FS listed as a need for us?

I agree, it should be replaced with "RB"...I love Portis, but at this point he needs someone to:

1. be a change of pace back to rest CP.

2. be the transition RB for when Portis hangs it up (See: Mourice Jones-Drew)

Thanks looks good. I like the analysis that Sanchez would be a disaster, and I totally agree.

Just curious though, why is FS listed as a need for us?

A lot of people wonder this. FS is a need b/c we want to move Landry back to SS. He can be a Troy Polamalu-esque player down there. Right now, he is stuck at FS, and he is not as valuable there.

Trading Rogers for a pick would be ridiculous. Smoot is not a #2 corner, and Carlos is one of the better CBs in the league. We need to keep him. This young guy Toler is fast and athletic, as well as a local product, so he's a strong option for us.

I'm not saying I want to trade Rogers, just odd that we'd target a corner with our other needs.

Having said that, if we're not going to re-sign him because he'd be too expensive, I'd rather trade him than lose him for nothing.

Hmm. You think another WR is possible? I have to admit that Barden is a very intriguing talent. 6'6 227 lbs, runs a 4.51. Watching his highlights he is a jump ball fiend. However, the fact that he is coming from a small school probably means he didn't run all that many types of routes and isn't polished. Could be a steal, could be a pointless pick depending on how hard he would work. His stats are ridiculous but it looks like a lot of the passes he caught were just thrown up to him as jump balls, not really precise routes. Who knows.

Hmm. You think another WR is possible? I have to admit that Barden is a very intriguing talent. 6'6 227 lbs, runs a 4.51. Watching his highlights he is a jump ball fiend. However, the fact that he is coming from a small school probably means he didn't run all that many types of routes and isn't polished. Could be a steal, could be a pointless pick depending on how hard he would work. His stats are ridiculous but it looks like a lot of the passes he caught were just thrown up to him as jump balls, not really precise routes. Who knows.

i'll be honest: i want Ramses Barden. it's not that i think DT and MK won't pan out; on the contrary, i think they'll both be pro-bowlers in the next few years. what i like about Barden is his first name... RAMSES! that's easily the best name i've ever heard.

seriously, though- i would be confused, but not angry, if we picked this guy up no earlier than the 5th round. as i said, i have faith in DT and MK, but this guy is intriguing. the question would be: could i get a jersey with his FIRST, rather than last name on it?

Archived