Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The State Of DC Sports

CrypticVillain

:wtf:

On top of our teams being the most mediocre teams ever, they are often laughingstocks. The Redskins signing Haynesworth to a $100 Million contract. Ha Ha The Wizards signing an often injured player to a $120 Million dollar contract HA HA The Caps losing two home games as a two seed in the playoffs. :( And what push me over the top, the Nationals fining Elijah Dukes for being FIVE MINUTES LATE FOR CHARITY WORK :doh:

We need a championship to earn some respect as a sports town. Out of the four major sports the last championship we won was the Redskins Super Bowl in 92. I was three, so I don't remember that. But I do remember waiting year after year after year for a championship. I am still waiting for it.

Maybe the wait is almost over,

The Redskins are a couple of key players away from being a force in the NFL

The Caps have the best player in the World and is still only one game down in the playoffs

The Wizards could have the #1 pick in this years draft and they will be healthy for the first time in two years.

The Nationals has won two straight games...........

I just hope that I don't get let down again, because I can't beat Philly's record and go another 8 years without at least one championship.

FWIW I love the DC United for blessing me with MLS Cups, without those life as a DC Sports fan would be even worst.

I think the Natinals are the worst team in the history of baseball. I'll take a look again in a month or two to see if my thoughts still hold true.

Eh... two straight wins, plus the 3 or 4 we that we had blown saves in. Could be 6 straight wins, or at least 4 of our last 6 if we only blow two of those saves. We easily could have swept Florida.

I think the Nats will get it together. We still don't have the pitching in the bullpen, but our starters have been making quality starts. A reliever or two and we could be talking about a ~.500 record. So while they are bad, they are definitely NOT the worst team ever. Not even close imo.

Is the title of the thread supposed to be "The State of D.C. Sports"?

Just wondering.

Yeah, I was going to see how many post it took before somebody pointed it out, lol.

Another thing that I see about DC teams is that they are too inconsistent. The 2008 Redskins are the perfect example. 6-2 first eight games 2-6 last eight :doh:

Eh... two straight wins, plus the 3 or 4 we that we had blown saves in. Could be 6 straight wins, or at least 4 of our last 6 if we only blow two of those saves. We easily could have swept Florida.

I think the Nats will get it together. We still don't have the pitching in the bullpen, but our starters have been making quality starts. A reliever or two and we could be talking about a ~.500 record. So while they are bad, they are definitely NOT the worst team ever. Not even close imo.

They are still just about as good as last season... which isn't very good. Now they can score runs, which is plus. They just don't have decent pitching any more.

You'd expect more from a team that is in the second season of a new stadium.

They are still just about as good as last season... which isn't very good. Now they can score runs, which is plus. They just don't have decent pitching any more.

This is year number four since the move from Montreal. Maybe we are on a five year plan. :whoknows: Whatever they are doing is frustrating and it needs to show some progress.

I think Hanrahan can still be a good closer. He hasn't looked good so far this year, but had pretty good stuff last season. And he's young. Our starting pitchers are looking pretty good, and they're young too. Add Strasburg to that and we have a pretty good rotation in a year or two. My point is really that we're building. And I like the direction that we're heading, even though we have looked pretty weak so far this season.

And I have no idea what the fact that this is the 2nd year in their new stadium has to do with anything.

And I have no idea what the fact that this is the 2nd year in their new stadium has to do with anything.

After teams build a new stadium, they usually have a huge influx of money and thus more money to spend on more talented players. It's what happens to almost every team. It certainly explains how the Tigers got so good.

After teams build a new stadium, they usually have a huge influx of money and thus more money to spend on more talented players. It's what happens to almost every team. It certainly explains how the Tigers got so good.

Got Dunn. Re-signed Zimmerman. Going to sign (knock on wood) the #1 overall pick Strasburg. Big money.

Yeah I hope they don't mess it up like DC teams usually does.

I think the difference is they're doing it through the draft primarily. Our drafting has been pretty solid imo. Some of our FA acquisitions have been pretty bad though.

I still wish we had paid Soriano. I think we would be a really solid team if we had.

I think the difference is they're doing it through the draft primarily. Our drafting has been pretty solid imo. Some of our FA acquisitions have been pretty bad though.

I still wish we had paid Soriano. I think we would be a really solid team if we had.

Soriano was a nice while he was here. I can only hope that the young talent just blooms and we start to dominate the AL East.

The Nats are singing that old battle cry already - "Wait until next year".

Of course they are! You can't become a contender overnight unless you have a terrific crop of AAA players who swoop in to transform your team. A lot of prospects have been dissappointments. Jordan Zimmermann is an outstanding exception and will be a huge part of our rotation. We're just not getting enough of the younger guys to play major league levels.

If we get Strasburg and he pans out like he should, our rotation will be pretty sick. Nats are doing pretty well on offense so far. And you know that a huge number of veteran players will be on the way out the door by the end of this season.

I certainly haven't given up on this season, but if you were to ask me when the Nats would do better... this season or next season? It would be next. We'll have Strasburg ready (hopefully) and we also have the #10 pick in the first round of the draft as well. A lot of talent at #10 that we can pick up along with Strasburg.

Stadium makes everything...... That's true:doh: has nothing to do with depth and lack of tallent.

Stadium makes everything...... That's true:doh: has nothing to do with depth and lack of tallent.

Should have kept on reading..........

The year that made me feel the worst about DC sports was was 07. Boston almost pulled a triple play when the Celtics won the Finals, the Sox won the WS, and the Patriots went 18-1 and almost won a SB. That year sucked.

The Caps are down 1 game in a 7 game series and are the 2 seed in the East, they are an extremely young team that isnt going to even be in its collective prime for another 2 years, they have locked up the best and most exciting players in the sport for the next 10 years, have one of the best defensemen in the league, have a ton of other young talent and HOPEFULLY just found themselves an awesome young goalie.

Archived