Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The draft that broke the Camel's back?

2cents

With the way I hear everyone talking, I am wondering if we make a crazy move for Sanchez(like Campbell and two number 1s to whomever), will people finally turn on Snyder in a big way? It is going to be a long, long week, and I fear an even longer aftermath. Well, at least we aren't boring. :saber:

With the way I hear everyone talking, I am wondering if we make a crazy move for Sanchez(like Campbell and two number 1s to whomever), will people finally turn on Snyder in a big way? It is going to be a long, long week, and I fear an even longer aftermath. Well, at least we aren't boring. :saber:

Turn on Snyder?

The guy is going to make millions regardless there is really nothing we can do to stop that.

If you don't buy tickets, someone else will

i think this camel is invincible if his back isnt broke yet

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if there's anything else the Dan can do to turn people against him. I think this is more like kicking a dead horse, or camel I guess.

Earlier in the week, I heard the rumors about Sanchez and freaked. I even came on here and said Id be done, and wouldnt root for this team anymore. But I could never do that...I love this team too much. I must be a glutton for punishment. Id be pi$$ed, no doubt, but Id eventually come around. Dam it...I always do.

The fact is that we all love the Redskins, trust me I wish that the Danny would just go away, I mean in a league with Count Al, Jerruh and William Clay Ford, Snyder still manages to be seen as the biggest moron out there. The Danny is invincible at this point because we're gluttons for punishment.

i spend all off-season playing armchair gm/coach etc.

complaing, applauding, and a whole lot of four letter words.

but when they put on the pads, they're still my team.

i hate the cultists, sanchezists, etc. but I root for whomever is on the field in burgundy and gold come game day.

hopefully the all white too, because we used to have a good record with those things.

A lot of people have already turned on Snyder. It's just going to take him time to realize that he can't be involved in personnel decisions and hire a competent GM. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

Never happen.

i spend all off-season playing armchair gm/coach etc.

complaing, applauding, and a whole lot of four letter words.

but when they put on the pads, they're still my team.

i hate the cultists, sanchezists, etc. but I root for whomever is on the field in burgundy and gold come game day.

hopefully the all white too, because we used to have a good record with those things.

Exactly. I love to play the whole "if I ruled the world (team)" game in the offseason but just because Snyderatto make decisions I disagree with I won't turn my back on my team. I disagreed with signing Haynesworth but I'm still excited about the possibilities. I'm not going to wish for the worst just so I can say "I told you so!"

If Snyder, and I do mean Snyder here, chooses Sanchez I will be disappointed but I'm still going to watch my boys come September.

I'm not one to hate on Danny that much. I have turned my shoulder when he has traded draft picks, overpayed over the hill players. But if he drafts Sanchez I will unleash all my bottled up hatred for him and I think a lot of other fans will too. But it makes no difference Danny does what Danny wants. You can do that when you have money...

Exactly. I love to play the whole "if I ruled the world (team)" game in the offseason but just because Snyderatto make decisions I disagree with I won't turn my back on my team. I disagreed with signing Haynesworth but I'm still excited about the possibilities. I'm not going to wish for the worst just so I can say "I told you so!"

If Snyder, and I do mean Snyder here, chooses Sanchez I will be disappointed but I'm still going to watch my boys come September.

It would be nice if there were more fans like you. The Campbell bashing before, during, and after the season is sickening.

This thread should have more responses.

When the whole cutler thing went on, I was pretty upset. I didn't quite hate snyder or cerratto up until then. However, this trade makes even less sense. cutler was established so it would take me less time to get over that trade. but trading up for a unproven, unestablished rookie qb is foolish. i know we did that to get campbell, but at the time we had a slowly-dying mark brunell. it was time for a new guy. now, the skins go .500, every inch of the blame goes on JC and snyder thinks qb is a pressing need. give me an olineman under 30. give me a defensive end who can pressure the passer or a linebacker who can stay healthy.

instead of any of that, snyder wants another pretty boy qb. i just don't understand. he's not being fair to anyone on this team- that includes zorn, jc and the rest of the roster. one year in a system going 8-8 doesn't seem that bad to me. i'm in such a small majority on this site that it really doesn't matter what i say, but to me it seems like snyder doesnt know about football enough to run the program and ceratto is a puppet yes-man who'll do anything the boss says.

interestingly though, i think i read somewhere that snyder gave vinny his ultimatum after the season. i may be wrong, but i thought snyder was giving vinny one more year to prove himself. i know snyder might push for sanchez, but don't you think vinny would try to make a smarter move?

turning on Snyder and rooting for the team may be 2 different things. I turned on him a couple years ago, to the point that when our office wanted to buy season tickets to use with clients I torpedoed the idea, bc i couldnt stand padding Snyders pockets any more. I dont even shop at his stores.

I still root for the team on sundays, but these days when they lose, I just chalk it up to lousy management, and spoiled atheletes who come here for a paycheck. Im just dont get as pissed as I used to get. Blind devotion is a dangerous thing.

2cents, although this will surprise you, I will give you the information:

Jason Campbell is going to be the Redskins QB in 2009, and nothing is going to change that. The Skins can draft Sanchez or not, but Jason will be starting against the Giants in the September opening.

To test your knowledge of the Redskins over the last 5 years, tell me how many ROOKIES have started for the Skins during that period on opening day?

Now tell me who will quarterback the Redskins on opening day if they trade away Campbell.

There you have the answer. You simply have to think through these things. Rookies do not start on the Redskins and ESPECIALLY at QB.

Rookie quarterbacks start on teams that are rebuilding and do not believe they are real contenders. They are looking toward the future. Dan Snyder did not invest 100 million dollars in Fat Albert just to have him wait around for the future.

There will be no trade involving Jason Campbell. He is your starting QB.

he's not being fair to anyone on this team- that includes zorn, jc and the rest of the roster.

Be fair? Why? Zorn, JC and the rest of the primmadons stunk up the field last year. 2-6 and averaging 12 points/gm over that span. Common now ... they are lucky they may get another shot this year. The owner of an NFL team is despotic and can make decisions with absolute impunity and immunity. Thats the lay of the land ... "fairness" has nothing to do with anything ... the NFL is a competitive business and you do all you can to come out on top. If Mr. Snyder pulls off the deal and lands Sanchez ... he should be annointed ... and you should kiss his ring.

Be fair? Why? Zorn, JC and the rest of the primmadons stunk up the field last year. 2-6 and averaging 12 points/gm over that span. Common now ... they are lucky they may get another shot this year. The owner of an NFL team is despotic and can make decisions with absolute impunity and immunity. Thats the lay of the land ... "fairness" has nothing to do with anything ... the NFL is a competitive business and you do all you can to come out on top. If Mr. Snyder pulls off the deal and lands Sanchez ... he should be annointed ... and you should kiss his ring.

i wish that was sarcasm but it seems like you're being serious. but that is such a stupid post it can't be...

8-8 for a rookie head coach and he should get fired? what has football come to? they did struggle on offense, but the WCO is difficult. i'm sure you don't understand how hard and intricate that system is and your lordship Snyder doesn't either. you and he are both near sighted. there's no thought of the future. people always say 'that team is rebuilding,' but doesn't that mean a team was built at one point? building a team takes more than one year. it takes more than one player. roethlisberger last year, eli, brady, manning- these guys didn't just start winning. it took time. obviously every situation is different, but allowing time to develop is not only fair- but necessary. look at the raiders. they fire coaches left and right. they're the laughing stock of the league. the rams have been through several in the past few years. they've done zero since the 2000 superbowl. a lot of teams go through coaches like crazy. we don't need to be one of them.

in fact, gibbs was 8-8 in his first year. two season later 14-2. now don't jump on my back about comparing zorn to gibbs, i'm just saying- give it time.

I'm not one to hate on Danny that much. I have turned my shoulder when he has traded draft picks, overpayed over the hill players. But if he drafts Sanchez I will unleash all my bottled up hatred for him and I think a lot of other fans will too. But it makes no difference Danny does what Danny wants. You can do that when you have money...

I have done the same thing, Sanchez will put me over the hump and I will become a hater!So I'll be in the same boat with you.

2cents, although this will surprise you, I will give you the information:

Jason Campbell is going to be the Redskins QB in 2009, and nothing is going to change that. The Skins can draft Sanchez or not, but Jason will be starting against the Giants in the September opening.

To test your knowledge of the Redskins over the last 5 years, tell me how many ROOKIES have started for the Skins during that period on opening day?

/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, there is no way/chance at all that JC will not be the QB to start the season baring an injury during training camp.

The Redskins will NOT draft a QB and even if they do, that QB will NOT start.

Period.

Archived