Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Peters' 11.5 Sacks Allowed

OWUeagleMD

In the weeks since it emerged that the Bills were dangling Jason Peters, much has been made over the 11.5 sacks he allowed last season. The number gave me pause, for sure, and it helped explain what would otherwise be unexplainable: a team with a young QB being willing to trade a top-tier left tackle.

That "sacks allowed" is a subjective and unofficial statistic is probably something reasonable minds can agree upon. Certainly when Peters became an Eagle, I began dwelling on this reality to allay my concerns over those 11.5 allowed sacks.

Someone far more adept at using the internet and far more committed to discussing football on a message board than myself took it upon himself to compile video footage of each and every Buffalo Bills sack allowed last season. He's broken them into categories of how attributable the sack is to Peters. Regardless of their categories, the clips themselves don't lie.

Any poster who'd like to focus on Peters' sacks allowed number can now view each sack and decide for himself whether 11.5 is valid.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread....492#post2160492

The Bills MB poster seems to think 5.5 is a better number. I'd say it's closer to 7. I'd be interested to see who would say 11.5 is accurate.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fd4b69&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Seems like the Eagles refuse to get a top tier reciever for Mcnabb. Thats good for us.

Oh by the way totally different subject. Portis is right bring Boldin to DC! Give them our 13th pick and our 3rd. Boldin and Moss would make me very happy. We should go with alot of 3 and 4 WR threats and make Defenses fear the pass so much they wont load up in the box and wont blitz so much.

That would help our O line. More than getting another RT.

Id rather get Boldin than Sanchez. They would have to double Boldin and Moss would be free. Think how open Captain Chaos could be. Besides Boldin coming here will be a huge moral boost for our offense. Every single player, coach and fan will be excited.

Peters traveled to Philadelphia to meet with Eagles executives on Friday. They are expected to attempt to negotiate a new deal with Peters.

I find this point interesting. It appears the Birds have not come to any type of contract terms with Peters. I assume the Bird FO knows what Peters is asking and will be in the ballpark with an offer.

Have to keep an eye on the contract talks. I am a little surprised they don't have at least the basis for a deal in place prior to the trade.

In the weeks since it emerged that the Bills were dangling Jason Peters, much has been made over the 11.5 sacks he allowed last season. The number gave me pause, for sure, and it helped explain what would otherwise be unexplainable: a team with a young QB being willing to trade a top-tier left tackle.

That "sacks allowed" is a subjective and unofficial statistic is probably something reasonable minds can agree upon. Certainly when Peters became an Eagle, I began dwelling on this reality to allay my concerns over those 11.5 allowed sacks.

Someone far more adept at using the internet and far more committed to discussing football on a message board than myself took it upon himself to compile video footage of each and every Buffalo Bills sack allowed last season. He's broken them into categories of how attributable the sack is to Peters. Regardless of their categories, the clips themselves don't lie.

Any poster who'd like to focus on Peters' sacks allowed number can now view each sack and decide for himself whether 11.5 is valid.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread....492#post2160492

The Bills MB poster seems to think 5.5 is a better number. I'd say it's closer to 7. I'd be interested to see who would say 11.5 is accurate.

link doesn't work....please fix if you can, I'd really like to take a look.

I stated in another thread how Joey Porter abused Peters this year (4 sacks in 2 games vs Buffalo). I was surprised no one called me on what I already knew was probably true....that all those sacks likely didn't come agaisnt Peters. And I was right.

Well I rewatched their 2nd matchup (in Toronto) and only Joey Porter's 2nd sack came against Peters. His 1st came when Peters was out of the game for a series (injury?). However, Porter beat Peters another time forcing Losman to move into another sack.

But that's not to say Peters didn't get beat for 2 sacks that game....he got completely owned by Charlie Anderson (everybody now.....WHO) leading to a sack and a forced fumble.

I really wonder if the Eagles know exactly what they are getting here.

thanks for the link.

the 2 sacks that I pointed out from the Miami game were under the 'clearly Peters fault' category...which I was happy to see. I was half expecting them to not be in which case I would have seriously doubted the work.

11.5 sacks is 11.5 sacks. Put a blue dress on a pink pig - it is still a pink pig.

Who are the receivers for the eagles this year? Looks like humpty dumpty, herman munster, and zippy the wonder poodle again.

Dont be surprised if the Eagles trade for Boldin next weekend during the draft. Boldin and Jackson would be pretty solid especially with the option of Westbrook coming out of the backfield. Unless Jackson takes a step back next year that pairing would be better than what we have unless our WR picks from last year step it up.

Dont be surprised if the Eagles trade for Boldin next weekend during the draft. Boldin and Jackson would be pretty solid especially with the option of Westbrook coming out of the backfield. Unless Jackson takes a step back next year that pairing would be better than what we have unless our WR picks from last year step it up.
It makes too much sense, the Eagles FO will never pull the trigger on that trade.

AR will draft OL and ignore a RB again! :evilg:

I was wondering how many sacks Derrick Dockery gave up? Prolly a few huh? He's a decent tackle who of course is overvalued because the market for decent tackles is always a players market. Good on him for getting some money and good on the Bill for getting some draft picks out of the usually stingy Philly FO. Andy Reed always seems to find ways to get McNugget time to throw the ball, I just hope the skins can do enough to negate this signing but as of right now, the skins are losing big time. Big Al can't do it all and right now, he's gonna have to.

I was wondering how many sacks Derrick Dockery gave up? Prolly a few huh? He's a decent tackle who of course is overvalued because the market for decent tackles is always a players market. Good on him for getting some money and good on the Bill for getting some draft picks out of the usually stingy Philly FO. Andy Reed always seems to find ways to get McNugget time to throw the ball, I just hope the skins can do enough to negate this signing but as of right now, the skins are losing big time. Big Al can't do it all and right now, he's gonna have to.

8.25 sacks:doh:

http://sfa.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=6417&team=28

I was wondering when someone would argue that the 11.5 sacks were not his. You didn't let me down. The only thing you didn't do was blame those sacks on Dock, which I really thought you would. Lucky, someone followed your script and did it for you.

Here's the thing. Both the Redskins and the Eagles picked up linemen at a big price from a line that played terribly last year.

Dock the Skins know. He was here, and Bugel knows what to expect. Bigger than that, Samuels knows what to expect.

Peters? I think If I'm an Eagles fan I like the pick up. Winston Justice will never be ready for prime time, so that ship has sailed, and they were threadbare. So they pick up Andrews and Peters. Best line as Westy is saying? Hardly. Both the Bungles and the Bills were extremely happy to let those players go. But better than what you had? 100%. They had to do something.

I was wondering when someone would argue that the 11.5 sacks were not his. You didn't let me down. The only thing you didn't do was blame those sacks on Dock, which I really thought you would. Lucky, someone followed your script and did it for you.

Here's the thing. Both the Redskins and the Eagles picked up linemen at a big price from a line that played terribly last year.

Dock the Skins know. He was here, and Bugel knows what to expect. Bigger than that, Samuels knows what to expect.

Peters? I think If I'm an Eagles fan I like the pick up. Winston Justice will never be ready for prime time, so that ship has sailed, and they were threadbare. So they pick up Andrews and Peters. Best line as Westy is saying? Hardly. Both the Bungles and the Bills were extremely happy to let those players go. But better than what you had? 100%. They had to do something.

The only one following a script right now is you.

Footage of the plays in question are readily available. People can evaluate for themselves how many sacks he allowed.

Personally I think this is a solid move for the Eagles. They have two young tackles who can play for many years to come, and Peters is one of the best tackles in the league despite a down year last year. I have to admit, I think the Bird FO got a good deal on a good player that solidifies a position of need.

Another important thing for the Skins fans - It's gonna be almost impossible to grab a top 4 OT in this year's draft now with the Bills probably filling the void left by Peters. Looks like DL, OLB, or - ugh - Sanchez for us.

I don't see it as a big deal. Peters held out of training camp and came into the season out of football shape. I don't recall the exact numbers but I remember reading that something like 8 of those 11.5 came in the first few weeks as he played his way back into shape.

Peters is a very good LT and the Eagles have upgraded their line tremendously.

Archived