Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLdraftcountdown mock updated

Skinfan56

I'd prefer Oher, but wouldn't be disappointed with Maybin. He's the prototype speed rusher, almost of the exact same mold as Dwight Freeney. The combination of him and Haynesworth instantly addresses our pass rush.

Now, issue #2. How do we address the our opponents pass rush?

Although I'd rather take an OT, no one can deny everything that Maybin brings to the field. Not to mention the motor that he has which is something that can't be taught. Elite skills and strength combined with a high motor. Totally reminds me of Shawn Merriman, and that my friends I can't pass up.

Any doubters can peep this video below. The guy's got me sold.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f33c07

This really shows how much these mock drafts are just crap. That has to be the biggest reach I've seen, especially with other players on the board that are 10x better at 13. Seriously, Maybin at 13? Come on

Idk the guy ran a 4.59 at his pro day after adding 4 pounds of muscle. He's only 10 pounds lighter than Orakpo which can easily be put on in training camp, ran a faster 40, and had the same broad jump. As for on the field? The guy had more sacks(12) and more TFL's(20) in 2008. Something this team desperately needs. I can't stress this enough, the guy has a relentless motor and plays like an animal, which happens to be one of Orakpo's weaknesses. 1st and 2nd down OLB and rushing the pass on 3rd down with Big Al attracting double and triple teams? I like those odds.

Amen DCDiesel44, everyone is wanting/hoping A.Smith falls to us at least we know Maybin actually has some work ethic (compare his combine to his pro day) A.Smith did dominate the best conference in college football but if he doesnt work out before the draft what makes everyone think he will work out after a team throws millions of dollars his way?

I'm actually really high on Robert Ayers right now (6'3" 272 according to NFL.com). The guy looks ridiculous. Mike May**** at NFL.com is raving about this guy as his 3rd player overall. He says, "three years from now he'll be the best defensive player from this draft" and says he's a guy that would be great to move around. (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/15/nfl-coms-mayock-breaks-down-almost-every-player-in-the-draft/.

I trust May**** more than most "draft experts". Here's a video with about 50 plays of Ayers dominating some pretty good linemen, if you're interested. If we take DL at 13, or even trade down and pick in the mid first, I'm hoping we take this kid. He could be there anywhere from 13-25 I think.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=robert+ayers&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

Archived