Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New DAVE MATTHEWS BAND single released

MVille_Skins

I know there are at least some dave fans on this board, and for those of you, you need to click on this link (its not a scam or anything, rca record company is letting you download it for free)

http://rcarecords.com/dmbfreedownload/

It's called, Funny The Way It Is

And yes, i have listened to it 20 times allready, and it is rediculously sick

And is anyone catching them touring this year??? I allready have Hershey panned, and a possible show in Boston at Fenway Park

Not as big a DMB fan as I am of their drummer, but don't you have to suck to be relevant these days?

I loved DMB when I was in high school, but their music never changes. Their best days are behind them.

Also, Dave is a freakin baby. I stopped being a fan the day I went to go see them in DC one year after paying nearly 100 dollars a ticket, not to mention hotel, traveling, beer, etc. Dave came out an hour and a half late, played for 30-40 minutes until a beach ball hit his guitar midsong. He threw his guitar down- mid song mind you- mumbled something, walked off stage, and never came back out. No refunds of course. There was almost a damn riot.

I loved DMB when I was in high school, but their music never changes. Their best days are behind them.

Also, Dave is a freakin baby. I stopped being a fan the day I went to go see them in DC one year after paying nearly 100 dollars a ticket, not to mention hotel, traveling, beer, etc. Dave came out an hour and a half late, played for 30-40 minutes until a beach ball hit his guitar midsong. He threw his guitar down- mid song mind you- mumbled something, walked off stage, and never came back out. No refunds of course. There was almost a damn riot.

Wow, that's some BS. There would have been a riot if most of their fans weren't bong blowers and 80% women.

I'd have to disagree that their music doesn't change. They've always had that twangy sound from Dave's acoustic guitar playing. But around that, they touched a huge range of genres in their day. Sometimes they played multiple styles of music within the same song.

However, since "Crash", they've started to get bland. I did not enjoy "Everyday". So I can partially agree with you.

Like I said, you can really give most of the credit to their drummer. Carter Beauford lead that band. Anything other than the drumming was really just complimenting his playing. Everyone was good, and I enjoyed their bass player, but Carter was great.

Like I said, you can really give most of the credit to their drummer. Carter Beauford lead that band. Anything other than the drumming was really just complimenting his playing. Everyone was good, and I enjoyed their bass player, but Carter was great.

Carter was in some killer local bands way back in the day. One of my favorite live bands of all time was TR3 with Carter on drums and Tim Reynolds on guitar. Man those guys could really rip. Buford was also in a cool jazz band called "Secrets" with an insane bass player named Keith Horn. All of those guys were local guys in the Richmond, Charlottesville, Harrisonburg scene until Dave blew up.

Archived