Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need Last Minute Recommendation - Where to take girl (First Time in DC)?

Shilsu

This is her first time in the area and tonight is her last chance to check out DC. I was hoping that a Wizards game or Capitals game was happening tonight, but nope. I was thinking about the cherry blossoms, but I dunno if it's worth visiting at night, plus it's raining, plus I don't know the tidal basin area that well.

Money is no object if you want to recommend a fine restaurant in a nice area. I'd prefer recommendations be in the NW area because that's all I'm familiar with. I've never been to Adams Morgan so I don't know if I want to do that.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciated the feedback when I last posted a thread similar to this (about restaurant recommendations for Valentine's Day).

The only intention is to give her a good first impression of Washington DC itself. This is not the first date.

Thanks for the suggestion, Thinking Skins. I was thinking about the National Mall, but the rain might put a damper on that idea, haha.

This is her first time in the area and tonight is her last chance to check out DC. I was hoping that a Wizards game or Capitals game was happening tonight, but nope. I was thinking about the cherry blossoms, but I dunno if it's worth visiting at night, plus it's raining, plus I don't know the tidal basin area that well.

Money is no object if you want to recommend a fine restaurant in a nice area. I'd prefer recommendations be in the NW area because that's all I'm familiar with. I've never been to Adams Morgan so I don't know if I want to do that.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciated the feedback when I last posted a thread similar to this (about restaurant recommendations for Valentine's Day).

I would recommend eating a light dinner in Georgetown. Cab it over to the mall (bring a golf umbrella). Walk around the mall, hitting all the spots. The Lincoln, Washington, Capital, White House. Meander over to the Jefferson. Right now is the perfect time to hit the spots after dark for absolutely awesome pictures. Even with an average camera, you can easily take pics that can be enlarged, matted & framed, and displayed in your house forever.

I would recommend eating a light dinner in Georgetown. Cab it over to the mall (bring a golf umbrella). Walk around the mall, hitting all the spots. The Lincoln, Washington, Capital, White House. Meander over to the Jefferson. Right now is the perfect time to hit the spots after dark for absolutely awesome pictures. Even with an average camera, you can easily take pics that can be enlarged, matted & framed, and displayed in your house forever.

Im with popeman, except for dinner.

I would take a stroll around the Mall, which is cool for anyone new to DC, then i would have dinner at the Old Ebbitt Grill, adjacent to the White House on 15th and F.

I believe the Cherry Blossoms are not going to be great anymore. I was there 2 weekends ago during peak bloom and the wind was so strong, most of the flowers were blown off, and they only look like that for a week or so anyways. Still, the view of the Jefferson from across the Tidal Basin is pretty nice.

Adams Morgan is a ton of fun, but more of a college crowd. If you're looking to go out drinking hard, its pretty cool. Dupont Circle has got some nice spots (watch out for the fems though, haha)

Improv and Daily Grill.

Not too expensive and loads of fun.

Great call re: the Improv. Drinking and laughing is a GREAT way to get a girl to want to hang out with you more. Take her to dinner and then go to the Improv.

It's tough to go wrong with just about any place in Dupont. I haven't lived in DC in 5 years, so I don't know which restaurants are the latest and greatest, but I always liked Laureal (sp?) Plaza.

Archived