Extremeskins

ESPN: Mosley: Easter weekend Mailbag

bubba9497

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-9-61/Easter-weekend-Mailbag.html

Click link for entire article

Easter weekend Mailbag

April 11, 2009

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

As many of you know, the NFL Blog Network never sleeps -- with the possible exception being Christmas. Hopefully this special edition of Matt's Mailbag will get you through the weekend. Thanks for being so prolific with your questions -- and threats.

Mike in Louisville, Colo., you have the first word: In Kiper's latest mock draft, he has the Redskins picking Mark Sanchez with the 13th pick. Why, why, WHY would the 'Skins pick Sanchez there? They need a starter with that pick and they already have a good starting quarterback. They need help on both lines. In fact, if all of their top choices are gone and Sanchez is still there, they should trade down in the first round and pick up a second round pick from someone who needs a quarterback more. And if the 'Skins were stupid enough to pick Sanchez there, does Jason Campbell's head explode?

Mosley: I think some folks might disagree with you on Campbell, although I'm not one of them. The Redskins are sitting there praying that Brian Orakpo from Texas slips to No. 13. My former colleague and world-famous draft expert Rick "Goose" Gosselin has Orakpo going to the Redskins in his first of three mock drafts. I don't think the Redskins will take Sanchez either, but keep in mind that Kiper is a Ravens season-ticket holder and he's also plugged in pretty closely to the Redskins. So let's not completely dismiss the most famous mocker of them all.

you guys do realize that Kiper does his ESPN gig from the ESPN zone in the inner harbor right?

edit* I just realized that he went to Calvert Hall, which is the rival to my former high school Mount Saint Joseph.

I correct myself, the guy is a doucher.

you guys do realize that Kiper does his ESPN gig from the ESPN zone in the inner harbor right?

Ah, memories of the Inner Harbor. What a great place to walk and talk and eat all that delicious food. Thanks for jogging my memory of Baltimore.

guys, Kiper always talks about being buddies with Vinny( he says that he is one of his best friends in the business), so he is usually pretty well informed on the Skins. The last few years he has been on target when he says who we could take . In 2007 he said we wanted to move down but if not we would take Landry and last year he knew they liked Kelly alot . He may not always be right about who we take but is usually close.

guys, Kiper always talks about being buddies with Vinny( he says that he is one of his best friends in the business), so he is usually pretty well informed on the Skins. The last few years he has been on target when he says who we could take . In 2007 he said we wanted to move down but if not we would take Landry and last year he knew they liked Kelly alot . He may not always be right about who we take but is usually close.

Well if they are that great of buddies, its probably likely that Mel is hyping Sanchez to the Redskins because he knows Vinnie would prefer to trade down and perhaps Somebody will trade up before the SKins at 13 in order to take Sanchez thus allowing the Redskins to get Smith, Orakpo, or somebody else.

Kind of like reverse psychology or something along those lines....or maybe its just that Mel and Vinnie sit there and try to figure out how to play with the media.

I dont think he would just be hyping him to the skins to get Smith or Orakpo to fall because both are projected as top ten anyway. Mel also says every time he is on the radio that he just didnt know where to put Sanchez. But he also says that someone will tradeup to get Sanchez and the skins are always one of the first names he mentions. I hope I am wrong because I want Andre Smith or M. Oher / or a trade down for more picks but the signs are there for Sanchez.

So because Kiper is a Ravens ticket holder, he knows about the Skins?

Um...

The Skins tried to trade JC, then came back and said they had total confidence in him as a starter. If they go out and draft a first round QB, they then prove themselves liars and not to be trusted, and things just go downhill for there. Its not so much that they would draft a first round QB, its that they would do it after they said what they said in the past couple of months.

I just dont see it.

Sanchez is a huge smoke screen, incase Orakpo is off the board.

If they really want Sanchez that bad, i doubt they'd let it be known.

If they do take Dirty Sanchez, however, you have to believe that Zorn see's something special in the guy. In that case, I'm not opposed to the move.

I'm still for JL33, though, incase you haven't noticed. ;)

"Texas defensive end Brian Orakpo seems to be slipping down boards. I've spoken to scouts who operate for teams using the 4-3 and 3-4 alignments and each club is souring on the Longhorn pass-rusher. The more film teams do on Orakpo, the more they are left wondering if he is explosive and persistent enough to consistently generate a pass rush against NFL left tackles or, for that matter, agile enough to drop back into coverage. Orakpo's imposing build is impressive to look at, but belies his career-long struggles with durability, as well; another element that scouts are mentioning as a reason he could slip out of the top ten and perhaps considerably farther than that. - Rob Rang, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com"

More about him Here

So because Kiper is a Ravens ticket holder, he knows about the Skins?

Um...

The Skins tried to trade JC, then came back and said they had total confidence in him as a starter. If they go out and draft a first round QB, they then prove themselves liars and not to be trusted, and things just go downhill for there. Its not so much that they would draft a first round QB, its that they would do it after they said what they said in the past couple of months.

I just dont see it.

History already proved they are not trustworthy ;)

My question is what does being a season ticket holder of the Ravens have to do with the Redskins? Are the Ravens owned by Dan Snyder' date=' too?[/quote']

exactly what i thought.

i mean does he get insider info from the skins cuz he is a season ticket holder for another team?

these people are complete morons.

Archived