Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Leftwich to Bucs per ESPN

alwaysaskin

Based on last year, and not what he may have progressed, I would be willing to guess that if the OL held up, he would still be holding on to the ball too long, he would stare down receivers, he would check down too often, and they would still be running first.

You are ignoring completely the arguments made about JC and focusing on the damn OL. Yes the OL needs help. No one denies that. How about a logical argument or explanation for what JC has lacked that is not OL related.

OK, so in order to be logical I have to bash JC Okaaaay, I'm concerned about the O-Line because you win in the trenches, you win by protecting your QB, you win with a solid running game.

OK, so in order to be logical I have to bash JC Okaaaay, I'm concerned about the O-Line because you win in the trenches, you win by protecting your QB, you win with a solid running game.

No, in order to be logical, you have to stop using the OL as an excuse for JC and start arguing haters about JC's fundamental problems that have nothing to do with the OL.

I agree. The OL is extremely important. All things even, you put JC behind the same OL as every QB in the league, (from Brady all the way to Colins), where and how would JC stack up? Would he be great? Or just serviceable?

You keep talking as if JC had a solid OL he would be on fire. There is nothing to show or say that would be the case.

wow at all the sanchez love for a one year wonder

and a qb who could not beat out John david booty in 2007

i repeat could not beat out joh david booty in 2007

John david booty who cannot beat out tavaris jackson in Minnesota

wish you all the Best Lord bryon leftwhich

You mean like Matt Ryan's senior year?

Your arguments are weak. USC always goes with the senior.

Brad Childress loves Tavaris Jackson. He drafted him too early and wants to show he did the right thing.

Booty was not getting this attention and kudos when he came out.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Try again...

You keep talking as if JC had a solid OL he would be on fire. There is nothing to show or say that would be the case.

There's 8 weeks of film from earlier this season. Our offensive line was outstanding the first half of the season. And what happened? CP was a consensus MVP front runner, Campbell was a sexy pick for MVP, and both were locks to make the Pro Bowl. Campbell committed no turnovers and led us to multiple victories. He was going through his progressions, finding the open receiver, and hitting him in stride.

Then a string of injuries hits the O-line. You have multiple guys missing practices during the week. They got beat up. And then we saw what Campbell looks like when he can't depend on his protection.

I'm not saying Campbell is a great QB. He needs to work on his long ball. He needs to open up a little more. He needs to not be afraid to take risks when we're on the opponents' side of the 50. He certainly isn't flawless, but if we can get the offensive line to where it needs to be, he has shown that he can do plenty of damage to take us where we need to go.

I'm happy we didn't get Leftwich, hopefully this dispels the notions of the "we need a new QB crowd" either that or they start clamoring for Rex Grossman

Did you actually watch any USC games, I'll say it again, he had one big game (the Rose Bowl) and the rest of the time USC won in spite of him not because of him

Yes I did and Sanchez can and does repeatedly hit receivers IN STRIDE. He is VERY green but could be special and considering who is starting is worth a shot.

Leftwich has done far more in the league than Campbell. Once JC is cut/traded/free agency departure, he will have far less demand than Byron has now.

What has Leftwitch done that Campbell hasn't?

I'm not saying Campbell's the best in the league, but you're acting like Leftwitch is.

Leftwich has

- never completed a full season.

- never gotten more than 8 wins in a season

- never had a season completion percentage higher tha 60.5 (and only had that once)

- never had a 3000 yard season

- never thrown for more than 15 TDs in a season

- His highest yards per game is 210.

and Leftwich is overweitght, slow and has zero mobility.

Campbell may not be everybody's fan favorite, but I don't see Leftwitch being any better of an option - especially if people are saying that Campbell isn't a WCO QB.

This thread just make me want to bang my head on the table.

Campbells best year at Auburn was in the West Coast offense. Campbells best year in the pros was last year when he threw 8 touchdown passes, zero interceptions, and was on track to break an interception record. Showing he can make the right decisions.

People question whether this guy will ever be a star? Well, that is debatable but I remember Campbell making a play againts the 49ers running the ball that should have been a sack for a loss of 7 yards but instead it was a touchdown. Not mention the guy has a monster arm. Jason Campbell has a chance to become two things, a Patrick Ramsey or a Ben Roethlisburger. The thing that will decide this is out of his control and that is the offensive line.

Why do I even try though...seriously.

CP's Stats went down at the end of the season becuase he gets tackled to easily. He lets people bring him down with one arm sometimes and others times he just flops to the ground.

He could have easily had another 1500 yard season but was scared to get hit

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm taking a break from this site. Seriously...some of the post are just pathetic.

:chair::chair::chair::chair::chair::chair::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

EDIT: K maybe not, I love making these NUBS feel dumb. :)

Campbells best year at Auburn was in the West Coast offense. Campbells best year in the pros was last year when he threw 8 touchdown passes, zero interceptions, and was on track to break an interception record. Showing he can make the right decisions.

This is why I don't quite agree with those who say Campbell isn't a WCO QB. He's had his best two years in the west coast offense.

But the argument comes from, in those years, he hasn't put up really dominating numbers. We can ask "why", but any answer we give other than "JC sucks" is seen as an excuse for him.

Hopefully this won't get resolved the way the Ramsey situation got resolved, with fans debating if he could have developed into a good QB here or not (I still think Ramsey could have). If our front office is smart, they'll devote this draft to building more depth on the offensive line and taking away these "excuses" for Campbell's stats.

There's 8 weeks of film from earlier this season. Our offensive line was outstanding the first half of the season. And what happened? CP was a consensus MVP front runner, Campbell was a sexy pick for MVP, and both were locks to make the Pro Bowl. Campbell committed no turnovers and led us to multiple victories. He was going through his progressions, finding the open receiver, and hitting him in stride.

Then a string of injuries hits the O-line. You have multiple guys missing practices during the week. They got beat up. And then we saw what Campbell looks like when he can't depend on his protection.

I'm not saying Campbell is a great QB. He needs to work on his long ball. He needs to open up a little more. He needs to not be afraid to take risks when we're on the opponents' side of the 50. He certainly isn't flawless, but if we can get the offensive line to where it needs to be, he has shown that he can do plenty of damage to take us where we need to go.

When the o-line was healthy, and playing well, we won on CP's back. Jason wasn't turning the ball over...but he still wasn't throwing TD's. We did not score enough points. Healthy line makes us competitive and Campbell average. Bad o-line makes us losers, and Campbell awful.

This is why I don't quite agree with those who say Campbell isn't a WCO QB. He's had his best two years in the west coast offense.

But the argument comes from, in those years, he hasn't put up really dominating numbers. We can ask "why", but any answer we give other than "JC sucks" is seen as an excuse for him.

Hopefully this won't get resolved the way the Ramsey situation got resolved, with fans debating if he could have developed into a good QB here or not (I still think Ramsey could have). If our front office is smart, they'll devote this draft to building more depth on the offensive line and taking away these "excuses" for Campbell's stats.

We really really really need to demolish the myth that Campbell was a WC QB in college. A college WC system is TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN A PRO WC SYSTEM. Read it again. NFL WCO's are much more complex, and require much quicker reads, and releases, as well as much better accuracy. I don't know how many times people have to be schooled about the differences here. When the competition is slow (see college), you don't have to be as quick. The guy IS NOT A WCO QB. He's not. He wasn't drafted to be. He never will be.

When the o-line was healthy, and playing well, we won on CP's back. Jason wasn't turning the ball over...but he still wasn't throwing TD's. We did not score enough points. Healthy line makes us competitive and Campbell average. Bad o-line makes us losers, and Campbell awful.

when was Campbell playing aweful?

I'd definately agree that his production dropped, but to the point of aweful? Nah, I wouldn't go that far.

In every game except maybe the Baltimore, Putt and Giants games Campbell had us leading late with a chance to win the game. The fact that we only won 2 of those doesn't mean he was aweful. I would definitely like to see him produce more (than in both halves of the season), but I can live with a game manager at QBif we can build around him.

You mean like Matt Ryan's senior year?

Your arguments are weak. USC always goes with the senior.

Brad Childress loves Tavaris Jackson. He drafted him too early and wants to show he did the right thing.

Booty was not getting this attention and kudos when he came out.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Try again...

really matt ryan was a starter at bc since 2005 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Ryan_(American_football)

correct me if i am wrong..edit it was 2006 he started 11 out 12 games

Sanchez was a one yr starter ie one year wonder

but lets look at his torjan career in his entire stay, when you can't beat out Joh David Booty who so far is holding clipboards in the nfl.. really does not translate to franchise qb IMO. and Matt caseel played behind leinhart and palmer one of the two is a quality starter in the nfl

And i truly do not believe pete carrol care about senior or freshman if that was the case Joe Mcknight would have played as much as he did in 07 and there is no senior qb at usc right now.. I think Matt barkley is going to be the starter or Mich Mustain transfer from Arkansas but anywhoo.

Tavaris Jackson make mike Vick look like steve young for godssake in passing and Booty a pro style quaterback cannot get a whiff at the starting job and Vincent Chase from entourage aka marck Sanchez cannot beat him out????( please childress had Mcnabb he should now a thing about quaterbacking

And lets remember what happened when he played Oregon state...

damn good impression of someone who cannot deal with alot of pressure.. hmmm sounds familar

Mark Vincent chase Sanchez has alot of upside and maybe he can be a elite level quaterback , but lets not turn a blind eye to his negatives

excuse me again I correct myself Carson palmer started as a true freshamn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carson_Palmer so your earlier arugment about and I quote"USC always goes with the senior" is not correct

We really really really need to demolish the myth that Campbell was a WC QB in college. A college WC system is TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN A PRO WC SYSTEM. Read it again. NFL WCO's are much more complex, and require much quicker reads, and releases, as well as much better accuracy. I don't know how many times people have to be schooled about the differences here. When the competition is slow (see college), you don't have to be as quick. The guy IS NOT A WCO QB. He's not. He wasn't drafted to be. He never will be.

well you can ignore his college stats if you want. He put up his best stats of his career in 2008 in a WCO. He was in the running for midseason MVP in the WCO.

You can use whatever reasoning you want to let you believe that Campbell isn't a WCO QB, but I'm gonna look at the results he was giving me and say that he can play in a WCO and he can play pretty well in a WCO.

it's like most of the detractor's unfounded criticisms, it is because they want to believe it's true..... no other reason

Archived