Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Leftwich to Bucs per ESPN

alwaysaskin

From ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4062212

So now what, we went after Cutler and failed, Leftwich and failed, I've got this sinking feeling we'll mortgage the draft to get Sanchez because according to Danny and Vinny: "Quartebackz r so sexxy"

Or maybe because, unlike Campbell, Sanchez already has better footwork, awareness, a quicker release, and playaction ability.

Leftwich was trash anyway

I'm happy we didn't get Leftwich, hopefully this dispels the notions of the "we need a new QB crowd" either that or they start clamoring for Rex Grossman

Or maybe because, unlike Campbell, Sanchez already has better footwork, awareness, a quicker release, and playaction ability.

Did you actually watch any USC games, I'll say it again, he had one big game (the Rose Bowl) and the rest of the time USC won in spite of him not because of him

Did you actually watch any USC games, I'll say it again, he had one big game (the Rose Bowl) and the rest of the time USC won in spite of him not because of him

OK, now how about how Campbell won in college?

Sanchez is more pro ready coming out than Campbell was. Scouts, Coaches, and anyone who has a career in analyzing football all think Sanchez looks great. Above average arm, ACCURATE, can make all NFL throws, can move in and out of the pocket, and is prototypical WCO QB.

Bringing in Leftwich would have been a mistake. It would have created too much of a distraction for Campbell. Hopefully most people realize Brennan is not ready yet so while it could be a bit of a distraction, not as much of one as if Leftwich was waiting. Campbell needs another full year under center in the same system. It generally takes 3 years for a QB to grasp the NFL and prove if he has it or not. He has only played in one full season. Give the man some time and a fair chance to prove it. I dont get the Campbell haters, he hasnt even been given a fair chance.

Sanchez is more pro ready coming out than Campbell was. Scouts, Coaches, and anyone who has a career in analyzing football all think Sanchez looks great. Above average arm, ACCURATE, can make all NFL throws, can move in and out of the pocket, and is prototypical WCO QB.

Can't speak to the readiness aspect, but, IMO, I think you're spot on with the rest of your assessment. I think the guy is a winner.

If Leftwich was coming here, it would've been as a backup. I don't really feel this will impact any Sanchez discussion. If they really like Sanchez, they'd get him anyways. Leftwich isn't any franchise QB anymore. He's essentially a journeyman. Now he'll be on 4 teams in 4 years.

Still feel we have too many other needs to gamble again on a 1st round QB.

no way should we trade up for sanchez, I wouldnt mind taking at 13 though if no one else is left at OT/DE. we could then deal campbell for a pick or two,and build a better team with sanchez as the future. then brennan/collins/sanchez could battle it out for the role as opening day starter.

Sanchez put up good numbers against the like of Washington State, Washington, but you have to look at the talent discrepancy there. These were not elite teams with elite defenses. The problem with the anti-Campbell crowd is that they want to ignore the lines and expect a new QB to be a savior, if that is the case we will be looking for a new savior every 3-4 years

The problem with the anti-Campbell crowd is that they want to ignore the lines and expect a new QB to be a savior, if that is the case we will be looking for a new savior every 3-4 years

So you really think the people that don't like Campbell are ignoring the lines. Do a poll. See how many people think the OL shouldn't be addressed.

Obviously the OL is an issue. But don't think that is the only issue. I'm not saying JC can't step up this year, but i'm tired of the OL excuses. There is plenty of film to show that he has a lot to improve on that is not OL related.

OK, now how about how Campbell won in college?

Your listening to these so called experts who dont know anything about football. Sanchez is not the good of a QB. They were saying the same thing about Jason Campbell when he came out. Now you want him out. They were saying the same thing about Jemarcus Russel. Saying that he was 10 times better QB then Quinn. Already Quinn has done way more then Jemarcus Russel. Dont believe the hype because that is what it is. HYpe.

So you really think the people that don't like Campbell are ignoring the lines. Do a poll. See how many people think the OL shouldn't be addressed.

Obviously the OL is an issue. But don't think that is the only issue. I'm not saying JC can't step up this year, but i'm tired of the OL excuses. There is plenty of film to show that he has a lot to improve on that is not OL related.

OK, I've heard aruments from the Campbell haters that Heyer needs another year and we have the great Justin Geisinger in the wings, and the OL is not an excuse it is a reason, look at CP's stats at the end of the year if you don't think so.

OK, I've heard aruments from the Campbell haters that Heyer needs another year and we have the great Justin Geisinger in the wings, and the OL is not an excuse it is a reason, look at CP's stats at the end of the year if you don't think so.

CP's Stats went down at the end of the season becuase he gets tackled to easily. He lets people bring him down with one arm sometimes and others times he just flops to the ground.

He could have easily had another 1500 yard season but was scared to get hit

CP's Stats went down at the end of the season becuase he gets tackled to easily. He lets people bring him down with one arm sometimes and others times he just flops to the ground.

He could have easily had another 1500 yard season but was scared to get hit

Yeah if I had to rely on Jansen v 2.8 to block for me, I'd be kissing the turf as well. How many times did we see Portis stuffed at the line of scrimmage last year, how many 1, 2 and -1 yard runs were there? Thats not Portis being scared that's the O-line getting as much push as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest

Just seems like it's out on the limb to me, Portis got hit an awful lot behind the Line last year

Your listening to these so called experts who dont know anything about football. Sanchez is not the good of a QB. They were saying the same thing about Jason Campbell when he came out. Now you want him out. They were saying the same thing about Jemarcus Russel. Saying that he was 10 times better QB then Quinn. Already Quinn has done way more then Jemarcus Russel. Dont believe the hype because that is what it is. HYpe.

I never said I want him out.

And no one was ever talking about Campbell they way they are talking about Sanchez when he was coming out. Campbell would best compare to Josh Freeman. More of a second round pick.

And you are an expert? So we should take your word on Sanchez? Did you go to his pro day? Did he work out for you? Did you study film on him?

Russel is on a VERY bad team.

I know the OL needs an overhaul. I'm not a JC hater. But I am not holding my breath. I think he deserves this year. HOWEVER, he has not done anything for anyone to get overly excited about.

This year. Thats it. No excuses.

I know the OL needs an overhaul. I'm not a JC hater. But I am not holding my breath. I think he deserves this year. HOWEVER, he has not done anything for anyone to get overly excited about.

This year. Thats it. No excuses.

I'd love to see what he can do with protection, and not Jansen at RT. I just think that the Cutler/Leftwich/Sanchez stuff is premature. If we keep ignoring the lines, it won't matter who's back there

I'd love to see what he can do with protection, and not Jansen at RT. I just think that the Cutler/Leftwich/Sanchez stuff is premature. If we keep ignoring the lines, it won't matter who's back there

Based on last year, and not what he may have progressed, I would be willing to guess that if the OL held up, he would still be holding on to the ball too long, he would stare down receivers, he would check down too often, and they would still be running first.

You are ignoring completely the arguments made about JC and focusing on the damn OL. Yes the OL needs help. No one denies that. How about a logical argument or explanation for what JC has lacked that is not OL related.

Archived