Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should the Redskins take at 13? ***highlights of prospects****

redskins021

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

great post and thanks for your time and effort. i believe it's in the teams best interest to trade down and get the center alex mack and then try and get the guard duke robinson. these two moves with the signing of dockery would go a long way into get our oline much stronger in the middle where our problems were. we ran very well off the tackle, but inside was rough. and forget the goalline runs and first down runs.thats why we need to get bigger, stronger and younger inside. these two guys would gives us two quality olineman that could very well become all pro's.

Smith, Ayers, Maybin or Brown if we do not trade down

I hope we trade back. I want Ayers! Watching his vids, he sheds blocks extremely well, stays patient, explodes once he makes his decision.

I think he is going to be a great pick in the mid to late first round.

At 13 the Washington Redskins should select Rey Maualuga. He's got the one thing that can't be coached: speed. We released Marcus Washington, which needed to be done. But to keep our defense in the top 5 level, we have to keep investing in it. :helmet:

I am not sold on trying to move Maulaluga to OLB, I just don't see any indication that he could learn the position in time to have an impact, I agree he has incredible talent, but I am not comfortable putting him on the outside, if we had a glaring need at MLB I'd be all for it, but not currently

Fletcher is going to be 34 this year, if Maualuga is drafted it wouldn't be too long before he would inherit Fletcher's spot.

I thinks its pretty obvious that if they do indeed trade or even want to trade up for Sanchez.... We are f'in doomed. All that talk about the profound patience they learned and grew to understand is a bunch of horse$hit... This shows an utter and complete lack of patience, foresight and confidence in their abilities to build a winning footbal organization. Danny and Vinny run a long traditioned foottball franchise like a couple of adolescent pre-madonna, wanna-be, can't stop chasing the next best thing, IDIOTS. Every 1-2 years they scrap it and move in a new direction trying to chase the next best thing and catch lightning in a bottle. This team needs Zorn and Cambell to settle into this offense, they need to continue to groom and accrue young talent on the LINES and stop throwing draft picks away.

I am so over this SOS! Here is to hoping that the Grace of God saves them from Satan and their lust again this year. Hopefully, the wake up and smell the roses and draft OT, DE and LB... O-Line must be addressed now! I doubt all 4 top OT's are gone by 13... We need to take whichever is left at 13th pick according to how they have them ranked - PERIOD!

HTTR

Vinny is a moron! Why does Danny boy have faith in him. We are constantly trading off picks for over-hyped and often aged "veterans" who do nothing short of flop when they come to the Skins. We need to invest in the future draft picks. We need offensive line help NOW, not in three more years! It's true we've lacked a defensive end for some time now but this year should be dedicated to O' line period. The simple idea of trading up for another QB is insanity. Jason has talent but he doesn't have a quality WR or healthy "young" talent on the offensive line. Go get some.

I'm completely on the Andre Smith bandwagon, the fact is that AS is not a workout warrior, well fine, we're not getting Tony Mandarich then. We're getting a legit Tackle, who was rated as the best tackle before the hypeheads like Kiper jumped on the bash Andre Smith train. The guy looks up to Samuels, he's great in pass protection and a road grater in the Running game. He made some immature mistakes, big deal at this point he'll be the steal of the first round at #13

Everette Brown looks sensational and in fact seems to have that Demarcus Ware qualitY. If Parcells were running our draft, this is probably who he would pick, and Brown would have double digit sacks for the Skins in 2009,

However with Vinne/Danny running the show, we will probably trade up and get Sanchez who will sit on the bench or we will trade down and get a bunch of 2nd round picks who will sit on the bench and end up oversleeping for their first practice.

Why isn't Ayers a poll choice?

I don't want us to trade up, so picking at 13 this would be my order:

1.) Mark Sanchez

2.) Andre Smith

3.) Robert Ayers

4.) Knowshon Moreno

5.) B.J. Raji

6.) Michael Oher

7.) Rey Maualuga

8.) Aaron Maybin

That's pretty much BPA with regard some regard to need. Obviously I don't think Orakpo will be there or he'd probably head the list. And I don't think Sanchez, Raji, Maybin, or Andre Smith will be there either. Maybin is the only guy on the list who doesn't really fit our schemes, but I would still consider drafting him anyway in the hopes of finding a place for him.

Given those stipulations, we pretty much get to pick from Ayers, Oher, Maualuga, and Moreno. I strongly believe we will pick one of the first three of those players if we stay at 13. And I would be happy with them in that order. I included Moreno because of the value we get from picking him. Also, we are getting old at the position. But I think there is only about a 1% chance we take him.

2008 OFF STATS

PTS YDS PASS YDS RUSH YDS

16.6 320.0 189.1 130.9

(28th) (19th) (23rd) (8th)

2008 DEFF STATS

PTS YDS PASS YDS RUSH YDS

18.5 288.8 193.4 95.4

(6th) (4th) (7th) (8th)

Looking at these, the #'s that need to be fixed are on the offense. Rushing yards I would say relates to good line play. Honestly I think it boils down to the crappy play calling from last year. How many times a game can you effectivley call screens? I think people need to stop bashing JC & JJ and wait and see how our play calling goes this year. Granted JJ needs a replacement soon, along with the rest of the line.

great post and thanks for your time and effort. i believe it's in the teams best interest to trade down and get the center alex mack and then try and get the guard duke robinson. these two moves with the signing of dockery would go a long way into get our oline much stronger in the middle where our problems were. we ran very well off the tackle, but inside was rough. and forget the goalline runs and first down runs.thats why we need to get bigger, stronger and younger inside. these two guys would gives us two quality olineman that could very well become all pro's.

:thumbsup: Goalline We got STUFFED STUFFED & STUFFED AGAIN. Maybe we can find a Brandon Jacobs in the later rounds too.

please say most of you aren't serious with us trading up to pick a qb who is in an AWFUL qb class (mark).. can we please just hold on strong for JC for another year... if jayz lets him play the way he did in the first 8 weeks of last year throwing long and this non conservative business we can ball... lets get an Olineman or LB...

We need a DE before the 7th round. I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of the Skins addressing pressing needs in the 6th and 7th rounds. We don't need a QB this year, as Campbell deserves another chance. We need DE and OT. After that, we need to focus on LB. I'm all for taking the best player on the board, but we need to focus on filling up the gaps on this team. There are many still...

If we trade up to get a QB who's own coach says he's not ready, because he's not. And don't get linemen. I might pop! or poop...

Yea thats why Carroll went ape**** over Sanchez leaving. Obviously Carroll going ape****/was really about his concern for Sa whining nchez's pro career, and NOT because he thought so highly of him (as a QB and team leader) that he desperately wanted him to return (Sanchez is also graduating at the end of this school semester and I'm pretty sure he is a 4th year college student, not a junior FWIW).

Pete Caroll coming out to the media hating and ****ing about Sanchez's departure actually shows more of what a great QB/Team Leader Carroll thinks of him than anything else, IMO.

Besides, I don't recall Carroll telling Matt Leinart to enter the draft after his 4th year at USC, in which he had won the heisman and was all but guaranteed to go to San Fran #1 overall (which obviously was the better option for LEINART rather than going back to USC/Carroll, when his drat stock was at the highest point it could be and he had evertyhing to lose and NOTHING to gain).

I am not quite sure who we should take at #13. I do know however we should not take Sanchez... QB is not a need.

I'm fully expecting to watch a train wreck tomorrow during the draft. Drafting a QB is a big mistake. We need offensive linemen. But, I wouldn't put it past Dan to do whatever the hell he feels like doing.

Archived