Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should the Redskins take at 13? ***highlights of prospects****

redskins021

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes I too wonder about Oher's intelligence. I know he scored higher on the Wonderlic than Andre Smith. By a couple if not a few points. 19 I believe was his score. (Oher). However I have seen that he really can't READ? Or that he has some form of A D D ??? Can anyone shed some insight? You guys got me convinced we gotta take O-LINE first no matter what!!!

I just hope Oher's intelligence isn't a problem. That's something that has me a bit worried.

Considering the development he's had since high school, I think that with the proper coaching and support system, he should develop into one of the best linemen in the league.

In high school, he was 1st-team USA Today and EA Sports All-American. In 2005, he earned 1st-team Freshman All-America honors from Rivals.com and The Sporting News. In 2006, he earned 2nd team All-SEC honors. In 2007, he earned consensus 1st team All-SEC selection, Mid-Season 1st team All-American by The Sporting News. In 2008, he was consensus 1st team All-American and All-SEC selection.

Each year, he's improved and learned more of the game. In terms of guys that could be there realistically at #13. I'd want: Oher, Smith, or Maualuga.

Yes I too wonder about Oher's intelligence. I know he scored higher on the Wonderlic than Andre Smith. By a couple if not a few points. 19 I believe was his score. (Oher). However I have seen that he really can't READ? Or that he has some form of A D D ??? Can anyone shed some insight? You guys got me convinced we gotta take O-LINE first no matter what!!!

Read this for background on Oher: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/magazine/24football.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print

Warning: It's a long article. If you print it out, it's 19 pages.

The book that goes over Oher's story is called The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis.

Hail!!! I wanted to see who we all thought we should take at 13. Let's say we don't or can't move up or down. Sanchez, Orakpo, Andre Smith are all gone. Realistically; Oher, Rey Rey, Cushing, and Jackson might all be there at 13. Almost all mock drafts I have seen have E.Brown gone to Buffalo. I just dont see Sanchez falling to us and any potential suitors moving up to grab QB Freeman for our pick. People have said it's too high a pick for Jackson (LSU) and I tend to agree with that notion. Though he is the safest pick of all four of them in my opinion. Yet has the lowest ceiling too. I would love to take Rey Rey, however, I think we need OT. I hope we can trade back like so many of us but, if all four were there... IMO Oher would make the most sense. What do you guys think? :helmet: Im so torn between REY and OHER. My heart says Rey but my head says Oher...

My friend, I understand you're jacked about the upcoming draft and our 13th pick; hell, we all are. As evidenced by the many many existing draft threads discussing all manner of things, including who we should or will take with our 1st pick.

I'm not trying to harsh your gig just for the heck of it, brother. It just doesn't help the members or the mods when the board gets cluttered up with redundancies, that's all. Just trying to give you a heads-up. :)

MICHAEL OHER!!! The guy is a beast and has been throughout his football career. Throw in a center with one of our other picks and we got a formidable offensive line this year. Next year draft a LT to develop under Samuels and he'll be ready by the time Samuels is ready to retire/move on. We don't have to worry about our lines as long as we develop guys through the draft like we should have doing. As long as we draft a guy like Oher this year and another lineman were headed in the right direction.

Great post. I liked E. Brown the most. As you said, and another thread someone pointed out, he has a lot of moves.

Here is what it is.

Brown is a great speed rusher and will probably become a pro bowl sack artist in the NFL. If the Skins want to improve their pass rush, take him

Rey Maualuga..if the Skins want to improve their RUN defense..take him

Andre Smith...if the Skins want to gain more yds on the ground...take him.

Too bad we can't have them all. But I'm pretty sure we can have one of them. So this can be a good draft.:D

Rey Rey has my vote. I dont think Oher is worthy of a 13th pick. He should be a starter from day one with no questions asked. Rey Rey had some maturity issues but thats too be expected at a young age, along with drinking. Hell who doesnt party in their early 20's. If we cant trade down and Sanchez is gone, Rey has the ability to be a stud, day one starter. I think that is what we should expect from a 13th overall pick.

i really think we need to trade back and get a 2nd rounder, and grab Clint Sintim, the OLB from UVA....hes a TRUE SAM linebacker. He can rush on 3rd downs as well! hes like marcus washington but more potential and a little bigger if im not mistaken.

I would LOVE to grab William B from UCONN at the end of the first and then grab clint. THATS MY dream draft!

I am not sold on trying to move Maulaluga to OLB, I just don't see any indication that he could learn the position in time to have an impact, I agree he has incredible talent, but I am not comfortable putting him on the outside, if we had a glaring need at MLB I'd be all for it, but not currently

In my view we need to leave the draft with a starting RT and a starting OLB. The O-Line was a huge factor in our collapse, and I don't trust the Jansen/Heyer combo. Also, I don't like having Fincher/Blades/Thomas playing the OLB position. While not a long-term solution, I think we can keep the Daniels/Wynn combo for the season.

Whether we trade down or just use our 1st and 3rd, I firmly believe we need to pick up a tackle and linebacker both whom can start right away. I do like several of the DE prospects, but I would only be comfortable selecting one of them if we traded down and picked up an extra 2nd or 3rd.

Thanks, if you have some info can u summerize for us who aren't in the know? I just want whats best for all redskin players, fans, team and organization. REGARDING OHER AND BOOK BLINDSIDE. LIKE CAN HE READ LIKE A 3RD GRADER OR A H.S GRAD? A D D ? LEARNING DISORDERS? THANKS IN ADVANCE! SKINSMASTER88 this is for you, you seem to know a lot about book and the player. Thanks again.

My friend, I understand you're jacked about the upcoming draft and our 13th pick; hell, we all are. As evidenced by the many many existing draft threads discussing all manner of things, including who we should or will take with our 1st pick.

I'm not trying to harsh your gig just for the heck of it, brother. It just doesn't help the members or the mods when the board gets cluttered up with redundancies, that's all. Just trying to give you a heads-up. :)

Thanks and sorry if I was supposed to put this under or into "MERGE" catergory. My intention was not more work for anyone. New here, so I just didnt know better but do now. Thanks again.

In my view we need to leave the draft with a starting RT and a starting OLB. The O-Line was a huge factor in our collapse, and I don't trust the Jansen/Heyer combo. Also, I don't like having Fincher/Blades/Thomas playing the OLB position. While not a long-term solution, I think we can keep the Daniels/Wynn combo for the season.

Whether we trade down or just use our 1st and 3rd, I firmly believe we need to pick up a tackle and linebacker both whom can start right away. I do like several of the DE prospects, but I would only be comfortable selecting one of them if we traded down and picked up an extra 2nd or 3rd.

love this post along with so many awesome other ones!!! Thanks all for taking the time to vote. I limited the number of voting choices cause as we approach draft it seems that certain things are taking shape. Like Andre Smith will be picked up by Cincy, 49ers, or another surprise team. That Sanchez will be gone by 13. Orakpo too. E.Brown to Bills. We really need OT, DE, OLB so thats why I have those four. Oher might even be gone who knows really...? I am convinced we should take Oher if A.Smith doesn't fall. I think back to Vernon Gholston who blew us all away in combine and came to NFL and had to be moved to new position and barely saw the field the entire year. It could be very DISCOURAGING for REY to move to OLB. Yet, is it possible that we should take a OLB with our first pick (CUSHING or Another?) and a OT with our 3rd rounder...? Would that be better than the other way around???

The way it looks, I think that we will take either Malaulga or Cushing at linebacker. Another player that I like is Aaron Curry the DE from Wake Forest. Brian Orakpo from Texas is like Curry in which he has the size and ability to play both end and outside linebacker. This versatility is what I think that the team will either take Curry or Orakpo. I have been high on Orakpo all spring.

Archived