Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Miles Austin: 'You want to be somewhere they want you'

tr1

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/miles-austin-you-want-to-be-somewhere-th.html

Miles Austin, who leaves for his New Jersey to visit the Jets in the morning, is hanging out with Marion Barber at the Jazz-Mavericks game.

Austin stopped to chat for a few minutes, deftly dancing around questions about his free agency.

"I'm not even familiar with the process," said Austin, a New Jersey native who was sporting a Yankees cap. "I'm just taking it for what it is and trying to be as professional as I can."

Austin, whom the Cowboys gave the second-round tender, is well aware that he's worked his way into a good situation in Dallas. He has excellent rapport with Tony Romo sits to pee and would get a shot to challenge Patrick Crayton for the starting job during training camp if the Jets don't steal him.

"This is where I started," Austin said. "There's a connection to Dallas obviously. You also want to be somewhere they want you, and I think [the Cowboys] do."

The Jets might force the Cowboys to show exactly how much they want Austin. He declined to say whether the Cowboys had started the negotiating process on a long-term deal before the Jets showed interest earlier this week.

"I leave all that to my agent," he said with a smile.

Austin is about to be the most over-hyped WR in the game if he stays with the pukes.

Watch the pro-bowl talk begin after he re-signs.

It's almost automatic.

Please. It's hard to hype a guy that has very little talent and no pedigree.

I'm shocked that someone would actually bring him in while knowing that he's got a 2nd-round tender on him.

Please. It's hard to hype a guy that has very little talent and no pedigree.

I'm shocked that someone would actually bring him in while knowing that he's got a 2nd-round tender on him.

Oh c'mon. We keep hearing how this overhyped guy and another of the Cowboys overhyped guys is going to make the Cowboys get over the TO hangover so quickly.

And don't be surprised when the Jets wantfully overpay for your savior leaving an already bare bones closet bare. Romo sits to pee better be loving him some Whitten big time this year. I see the Cowboys like the Redskins, with a TE, one wideout and no real passing game to go the distance. Roy Williams is not TO. Nor are the other two. And I ain't buying all the hype that this is thier chance to take the stage.

Hopefully for the Redskins, having a great RB and two decent prospects at WR is the diff. One thing your team does have going for it is all those draft picks, but alas the guy selecting them needs a rubber suit. :knny:

Archived