Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insurance Scams

PROSCOUT

Has anybody noticed how some of these insurance companies are increasing their premiums, or changing the restrictions and caps and limits, but aren't announcing it?

Most companies who have all their employees on an insurance plan have no control over what the insurance companies do OR how they do it.

The insurance companies send out a letter of change in their rules, caps, and limits, but the letter is so complicated and in with all the other junk they send out, that most people never bother to read it.

Then when the employees go in to those insurance meetings once per year, the insurance people just say IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY CHANGES, JUST SIGN THIS.

Then the employees don't even notice that their premiums have gone up. They just think that their taxes went up and they especially don't notice that their new deductible is now 1200 dollars instead of $500. :(

I definitely noticed when my insurance went from $180 a month to $246. Don't have much of a choice since I'm on my companies' plan. I could save some by dropping to the HMO but **** that nonsense. I'm not having an insurance company choose which doctors I can and can't see, no thank you.

I used to be in the insurance business.

Key word used to be.

I'm usually pretty good about checking my checks for what they are taking out every month because like you said they will spring an increase on you without even letting you know.

I hate insurance. In reality companies could be charging a fraction of what they do and still turn a huge profit.

I used to be in the insurance business.

Key word used to be.

I'm usually pretty good about checking my checks for what they are taking out every month because like you said they will spring an increase on you without even letting you know.

I hate insurance. In reality companies could be charging a fraction of what they do and still turn a huge profit.

WHOAAA BIG FELLA! Actually I did not say that insurance companies never let you know, what I said was that they HIDE it from you by obscuring it in a mess of paperwork that looks like "JUNK MAIL".

You know that crap that you always get from insurance companies and credit card companies and such, the junk mail that you never read, well THAT my friend is where they "tell you" about it.

Well, on second thought I guess we might as well say that they don't tell you about it because anybody who reads that crap must has no life.

Out of the past two insurance companies I've had both issued me some sort of defective card. The first one had numbers missing from the account, therefore I had to pay my med bill up front and then afterwords I got reimbursed like 6 months later... I switched to another company before I got the correct card they were supposed to send. This new company sent out a card that had lower benefits than was paid for.

I don't think it's a coincidence I think they are doing this **** on purpose and hoping people don't notice

My doctor always makes me bring in my insurance card everytime now, because they said that certain insurance companies are changing the number annually, so that if the Dr's office doesn't send in the most current number they will and can refuse to pay the claim.

Archived