Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your 2009 Draft

tml6157

If everything stays the way it is and Smith is still on the board...This is what I want our draft to look like...

1.) Andre Smith - RT

3.) Tyrone McKenzie - SLB

5.) Cornelius Lewis or Louis Vasquez - RG

7.) Devin Moore or Antone Smith - RB

7.) Graham Gano - PK/P

If Smith is gone...This is what I want it to look like...

1.) Clay Matthews - SLB

3.) Kraig Urbik or Herman Johnson - RG

5.) Ramon Foster - RT

7.) Devin Moore or Antone Smith - RB

7.) Graham Gano - PK/P

These are my draft scenarios...I don't think we'll be able to trade down this yr...I think in either of my scenarios we'll get starters in rounds 1&3 at areas of weakness add youth, size, and skilled players to the Oline improving the overal depth and also address RB and PK issues...

If the Patriots were willing I would trade the following...

Redskins trade

1st round(13)1,150

5th round(150)31.4

FOR

Patriots trade

1st round(23)760

2nd round(47)430

Redskins-1,181.4<Patriots-1190 Fairly Even

Why would the Patriots want to move up?

Patriots needs...O line, CB, LB high, RB, S Low

SOURCE...

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/NFL%20Team%20Columns/NFL_Team_Needs.htm

I think the Patriots might try and target one of the top offensive tackles in the draft because they might all be gone by the time they would select at 23 in 1st round. They could look at LB which there isn't much after the USC crew and they would have their pick at which ever one they wanted. They could also get what is arguably the best corner in the draft, Vonte Davis. The reason why the Patriots might want to do this is because they are a very good team, with a bunch of draft picks which allow them to move up if need be to get their "player" which should help them get back to the superbowl.

So here would be our draft... Let me know if you think it's full of **** or if it's possible

1(23) Eben Britton- OT

The Redskins NEED to draft O-Line first no matter if they stay at 13 or move up or down in draft. This team hasn't drafted O-line in the 1st round since Chris Samuels and I feel like Eben would continue to be a force in our offensive line for years just like Samuels. Wow, Give Chris Samuels A LOT of credit because he has been a Redskin thoughout his football career. Never complains. A true Redskin. Like Darrell Green my favorite player by the way.

2(47) Clint Sintim DE/OLB

This would be a wise pick because he gives the Redskins the versatility that they prefer in LB's. Clint can play all LB positions and could move to DE if needed. This pick makes sense because the team NEEDS to draft an OLB or a DE so they can groom to eventually start. Clint could get in a rotation and simply get more and more playing time as he matures.

3(80) T.J. Lang OT

Another Offensive Tackle??? Yes, for some reason we will draft smart this year. I hope they will and Definitely do not trade away any more picks. SAY NO to Chad Johnson, you freaking kidding me about last year. HORRIBLE! ANyway, this pick will provide more youth and depth at the most important positon that is vital for every team to succeed. T.J. Lang is very versatile and can play at center. HE STARTED 36 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!! That's durability right there.

6(186) Henry Melton DE

Played for the Longhorns. Level of competition should be really good and he ran a 4.64 at 269 pounds. Not bad, he could eventually get some recognition starting out as a Special Teams Star and then work his way for a back up role.

7(243) Pat McAfee K

If McAfee isn't already taken here, they HAVE TO PICK HIM HERE. This guy can nail 60 yarders I swear. He has one hell of a leg. Plus he can punt. **** he can do it all. I'm willing to place a signature bet on this... He will start for some team this season and do very well. The Redskins should def. pick this guy up. I don't want to be a homer but he is exactly what the Redskins NEED. A Kicker that Kick and can punt the **** out of the ball

So what do you guys think?

So what do you guys think?

The Patriots have no reason to trade up. There will be CBs available at 23 for them. The only team I can see trading up with us is Detroit but it seems like they will take Stafford with their #1 so they will have no reason to trade up. As for your picks. Britton is alright but is strictly a RT to me. Sintim would be a nice pick but the rest is hit and miss.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across a 7th round mock that has us taking Myron Pryor in the 7th round the DT from Kentucky so i decided to do a little research and i came across this video of him from the East West Shrine game practice and needless to say Im really impressed and would love to take him with our 6th or 7th round pick. He had a great senior season but has injury issues. A late round pick on him IMO would be well worth it. What do you guys think?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/Myron-Pryor.php

1. Michael Oher or Andre Smith

3. Tyrone McKenzie or Jason Williams (OLB)

5. Brandon Williams or best DE available (probably Shaughnessy or Bennett)

6. Donald Washington (CB)

7. best Center/Guard available (hopefully Cecil Newton or Edwin Williams)

If Oher/Smith aren't available

1. Rey Maualuga

3. Gerald Cadogan or best OT available

5. Brandon Willams or best DE available

6. Donald Washinton (CB)

7. Best Center/Guard

Archived