Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: "Redskins Confirm Leftwich Visit"

FrFan

This makes zero sense. In case our QB with a slow release and average talent doesnt work out, we'll bring in the guy with an even slower release and average talent to succeed him.

Genious!

Precisely.

I don't think both will necessarily be on the roster. It's clear that we're trying to improve our draft by moving Campbell. Bring in Leftwich, and your QB's are

-Leftwich

-Brennan

-Draft pick

Not necessarily in that order.

Eh, just competition for a backup spot. As others have stated, there is no value in releasing Collins, so I guess the thinking is to bring him in and whoever does the best will be backing up Campbell. I do agree with others that he doesn't seem to be a good fit, with little mobility and a slow release.

I think he's better off staying in Pittsburgh.

Leftwich is not a WCO QB. He'd fit the old Raiders style better, where you run a bunch then chuck it deep or throw a 15 yard out. I like Leftwich's toughness and big arm, but he can't do anything fast/quick, which last I checked is a requirement in the WCO.

Leftwich is not a WCO QB. He'd fit the old Raiders style better, where you run a bunch then chuck it deep or throw a 15 yard out. I like Leftwich's toughness and big arm, but he can't do anything fast/quick, which last I checked is a requirement in the WCO.

You also just described Jason C

Leftwich isn't a WCO QB. Neither is Campbell the way we run ours. Maybe Zorn is planning changes to account for some things common to Campbell and Leftwich to make them fit better. We can only hope. :)

Precisely.

I don't think both will necessarily be on the roster. It's clear that we're trying to improve our draft by moving Campbell. Bring in Leftwich, and your QB's are

-Leftwich

-Brennan

-Draft pick

Not necessarily in that order.

What you're saying makes sense, but according to this, we can't get more than a 5th rounder for JC.

The Redskins had tried to trade Campbell, reportedly seeking a second-round pick. However, one NFL executive said Campbell would not fetch more than a fifth-round pick. The inability to acquire a second-rounder for Campbell, one NFL source said, was among the ultimate stumbling blocks in completing the trade.

Other teams still aren’t sure what to make of Campbell. Also, he’s going into the last year of his contract, making it less likely a team would offer a higher pick for him.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/Campbell-No-hard-feelings-after-trade-rumors-42457352.html

What you're saying makes sense, but according to this, we can't get more than a 5th rounder for JC.

Honestly, for argument's sake, if he's not going to do much better next year than what we've seen to date, and he walks at the end of next season, why not cut our loses now and at least pick up something for him while we can? Particularly as management clearly has lost patience waiting for what should be already from a first round pick at this stage of his career.

If the season goes' as many of us think, Collins or Brennan wouldn't do much worse under center.

Hail.

Honestly, for argument's sake, if he's not going to do much better next year than what we've seen to date, and he walks at the end of next season, why not cut our loses now and at least pick up something for him while we can? Particularly as management clearly has lost patience waiting for what should be already from a first round pick at this stage of his career.

If the season goes' as many of us think, Collins or Brennan wouldn't do much worse under center.

Hail.

I completely agree with you. They can't possibly do any worse, so I agree we should move on now with someone else (and at this point I really don't care who it is).

Archived