23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you help me float a 1/2 keg of Dos Equis Amber

• Yes, I like Dos Equis Amber
    • No, I do not like Dos Equis Amber
    • It's free so why the hell not

I got this email and thought I would pass it along:

Tyson's Store Location Closing &

Inventory Clearance Sale

Unfortunatly, PSGameGear Sports Memorabilia is having to relocate our Tyson's Corner Center store! We do not have our new location yet but we do not want to move all that merchandise so you benefit by our Tyson's Corner Store Closing and Inventory Clearance Sale! Don't worry we will have our store in Tyson's back and open as soon as possible!!

Tyson's Store Closing & Inventory Clearance Sale

Fri April 3rd - Sat April 11th ONLY!

50% off EVERYTHING

in our Tyson's Corner Location Only

Fine Print: All items sold at the Tyson's location are final sale, no returns or exchanges. This sale is only available at the Tyson's Corner Store and we can not transfer items between stores. Previous purchases are excluded. Phone orders to Tyson's will qualify for discount, but standard PSGameGear Sports Shipping and Handling rates apply! Discount does not apply to Autograph appearance tickets, but you may still purchase your tickets there until April 11th!

Sincerely,

PSGameGear Sports Staff

PSGameGear Sports Memorabilia

I bought a couple of 8x10s. Bought a couple of Redskins pics- The missing man photo, Larry Brown Sport Magazine photo (Autographed), Jerome Bettis Notre Dame (Autographed). Bought a couple of Steelers pics for my in-laws. They are displaced Steelers fans. Bought a collage 8x10 of the super bowl and hines ward and bettis photo. They had a lot of good stuff there. Lots of 8x10s. Pretty much the same prices as they have their show. Apparently they are closing the Tyson's store until about the holidays. They said that they are going to have Colt Brennan (tenative) and London Fletcher in May.

I bought a couple of 8x10s. Bought a couple of Redskins pics- The missing man photo, Larry Brown Sport Magazine photo (Autographed), Jerome Bettis Notre Dame (Autographed). Bought a couple of Steelers pics for my in-laws. They are displaced Steelers fans. Bought a collage 8x10 of the super bowl and hines ward and bettis photo. They had a lot of good stuff there. Lots of 8x10s. Pretty much the same prices as they have their show. Apparently they are closing the Tyson's store until about the holidays. They said that they are going to have Colt Brennan (tenative) and London Fletcher in May.

How much was the missing man 8x10?

How much was the missing man 8x10?

I bought the 8x10 unsigned version for 5 bucks. I know that they have a version of one that is signed by all the players, but I didn't see that one there. They did have the 3 pro bowl players one there for about 75.

I didn't notice what they had in terms of game jerseys. From what I could tell they only had autographed jerseys. They had some pretty cool baseball ones. Football they had some jerseys, but they looked like they were just autographed and not necessarily game worn or anything like that. Also the football jerseys that were signed didn't look all that "authentic" IMO. They looked like knock offs or something. They did have some game used footballs that were autographed. They had the Laron Landry INT ball from the Cardinals game 2 years ago in which he intercepted a pass from Anquan Boldin in the end zone to secure the game. That was 300 down from 600.

I didn't notice what they had in terms of game jerseys. From what I could tell they only had autographed jerseys. They had some pretty cool baseball ones. Football they had some jerseys, but they looked like they were just autographed and not necessarily game worn or anything like that. Also the football jerseys that were signed didn't look all that "authentic" IMO. They looked like knock offs or something. They did have some game used footballs that were autographed. They had the Laron Landry INT ball from the Cardinals game 2 years ago in which he intercepted a pass from Anquan Boldin in the end zone to secure the game. That was 300 down from 600.

Were the autographed jerseys just the typical Ebay custom jerseys, or were they fake NFL jerseys with logos and stuff?

There's still a few 8X10s in there and I picked up one 8X10 missing man picture. There were two left when after I bought mine. Also picked up the Darrell Grant SI cover (signed) for 12 bucks. Amazing! Brought my wife there and she's the genious that mentioned to me that this might be a great time to buy Christmas gifts for your nephews, nieces, brothers... yadda yadda yadda.... She's right. So I bought a few signed pics of Moss and Campbell for 20 bucks each (from 40). Good luck.

I refused to go back to that store when I saw a few things that made me mad.

1. They tried selling an authentic 2008 Pro Bowl for ST. There was not an authentic for him that year. They were just ripping people off.

2. They took pics from the ST ring of Fame and tried to sell them to make even more $$$ off of ST.

3. They screwed over my friend Torch.

I know they had some nice stuff but I hate people trying to make money off someone's loss. If they would have had a % going to St's daughter I might have been ok with it but no they kept all the profits.

1. They tried selling an authentic 2008 Pro Bowl for ST. There was not an authentic for him that year. They were just ripping people off.

2. They took pics from the ST ring of Fame and tried to sell them to make even more $$$ off of ST.

3. They screwed over my friend Torch.

I know they had some nice stuff but I hate people trying to make money off someone's loss. If they would have had a % going to St's daughter I might have been ok with it but no they kept all the profits.

I agree with you in the sense that they are rediculously overpriced. I don't usually buy anything from them unless I got to the CSA show in which they discount everything. I didn't realize that about the Sean Taylor picture. I didn't even see that picture? It is a good thing that you point that out because they seem to have a good pipeline to the players and get them in regularly. I wonder how they would feel about the store making money off Sean and his daughter getting none of it. I do have to say that I bought a couple of items during this sale, but I totally agree with you in the sense that they are tremendously overpriced and some of the people in there are super pushy and then when you tell them it is expensive, they just look at you like"OK, I am moving on then." Not "Maybe I can work with you on this price." They just try and stun you with their collection, which is amazing, but I would never pay full price for anything other than their autograph appearances because they are one of the few stores who seem to get Redskins players in regularly.

If you decide to buy anything from them ask them why its only 50% off the original price after Tax has been calculated???? Never really heard of that one. So if its originally $100 your total will be $55 instead of 52.50. It may not seem like a big deal to most but to me its just another example of them trying to stick it to ya.....

I agree with you in the sense that they are rediculously overpriced. I don't usually buy anything from them unless I got to the CSA show in which they discount everything. I didn't realize that about the Sean Taylor picture. I didn't even see that picture? It is a good thing that you point that out because they seem to have a good pipeline to the players and get them in regularly. I wonder how they would feel about the store making money off Sean and his daughter getting none of it. I do have to say that I bought a couple of items during this sale, but I totally agree with you in the sense that they are tremendously overpriced and some of the people in there are super pushy and then when you tell them it is expensive, they just look at you like"OK, I am moving on then." Not "Maybe I can work with you on this price." They just try and stun you with their collection, which is amazing, but I would never pay full price for anything other than their autograph appearances because they are one of the few stores who seem to get Redskins players in regularly.

I am hoping the Redskin stores will continue doing signings like they did last year to close the one in Dulles Town Center too. I always thought they were overpriced but after the ST thing I could not let myself go back there.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I know that they have a Sean Taylor game worn jersey from the Dallas game and autographed for about 10 grand that is framed as well. I was told that they purchased it for less than 3 grand and are now trying to sell it for 10? If they can get so be it, but I don't know of anyone that would be willing to spend that kind of money on something like that. I also agree about the royalty stuff. They shouldn't be in there trying to make money off of a beloved player like that and not contribute something to his family.

As for their customer suervice they have a certain sales attitude. They have all these outrageous prices and then when you say that is expensive, they blow you off as to say that that is how it should be. I don't think that they understand the market of sports memorabilia or they are praying for a whole lot of suckers out there.

I know that they have a Sean Taylor game worn jersey from the Dallas game and autographed for about 10 grand that is framed as well

If that jersey is signed it is fake. They outbid me for that jersey on eBay after his death and it was not signed when I bid on it.

REALLY? I am pretty sure at the last signing I was at Dulles Town Center, they had it prominently displayed and I was saying to myself, 10 grand for a gamer? Then I saw it was autographed. I guess you could always call and ask if the gamer is autographed.

I am pretty sure that it was the only time they wore the burgundy jersey that year.

I forget when the auction actually was but it was after Sean's death. The sellers eBay id is MASauction. I have both bought from and sold to them, they are great. The jersey was unsigned. I have not seen it since PS Game Gear won it so it could be signed by someone else but I doubt it. The Dallas game was the only time during Sean's rookie year that they wore the burgundy jerseys (unless they did during the preseason). The one that PS Game Gear won on eBay was from the Dallas game.

I am not accusing them of anything since I have not seen the jersey myself. What I have posted I believe to be factual. To the best of my knowledge there is only one Sean Taylor signed burgundy game used Redskins jersey and it hangs in my basement. Also, as a side note... IF it has Seans full signature it would have had to have been signed at the CSA show in Chantilly the summer before his death. That was the only signing he did prior to his death where he game his full signature. There were only two game used jersey signed that day. My Redskins jersey and a Miami Hurricanes one.

No, I am pretty sure that it was his autograph on the jersey. I remember it because it was from his rookie year and it was the Dallas year. He had 36 on it and I am pretty sure that he had signed it. It looked just like his autograph. I could be totally mistaken, but I am pretty sure that it looked like his signature. As to whether this was signed post-mortem is another question, but like I said, we can always call the store and find out if the jersey is autographed.

Huly - there was a jersey like that for sale at the last Collector's Sale at the Stadium store last January. It was displayed as "Authentic" but it was made by Ripon Athletic, the same people who make the gamers. I believe it was $1200 but with a bidding option starting at $900. A percentage was going to the ST foundation. The guy in charge told me there were six made - and that they were special ordered by the team from Ripon Athletic in Wisconsin. He also told me that Ripon makes the gamers for the Pro Bowl team.

That jersey was probably one of the six.

Archived