Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Future of Nascar?

The Evil Genius

Now this will bring in the casual viewer...:thumbsup:

capt.1054149284.nascar_female_pit_crew_txmf401.jpg

The Aaron's Dream Team pit crew, the first all-female team to compete in a NASCAR touring series, performs a pit stop at Texas Motor Speedway in Ft. Worth, Texas, on Tuesday May 27, 2003. The team and driver Shawna Robinson are scheduled to compete in three NASCAR Truck Series races. (AP Photo/Mike Fuentes)

Actually, they better watch their act. I am hearing a lot of long time NASCAR fans that say the sport is getting too big for it's britches. Case in point, the rain cancellation of the race last weekend. three years ago I was at Charlotte and it rained like a dog. It took them 45 mins to get the track dry and restart the race. Last weekend they were telling fans it would take 3 hours to dry the track, then cancelled everything. Rarely do they postpone races until the next day anymore. Rising ticket prices and a "we already have your money, so go home" mentality is pissing a lot of folks off.

air sarge,

they are a lot more catious since Dale's death. that is prob why they would prefer to cancel the race than televise another funeral. while i think that injury is an inherent risk (in not just nascar), these guys should be given the safest possible track to race on. a wet track would not be included.

however, if i were there i would be willing to stay until it was dry and finish the race under the lights if need be.

air sarge,

they are a lot more catious since Dale's death. that is prob why they would prefer to cancel the race than televise another funeral. while i think that injury is an inherent risk (in not just nascar), these guys should be given the safest possible track to race on. a wet track would not be included.

I'm sure they are, but a friend of mine went to the race this weekend and said there 80,000 cussing Mo Fo's walking back to their cars, and that it didn't rain another drop the whole night. That's not gonna keep people paying $200 a seat to watch a race.

I've followed NASCAR for many years now, and don't think there's more cuations then past years. I do agree that they have been a bit quick to pull the plug on races over the past few years, but don't think it will hurt them in the near future which makes it worse for the fans.

As for the all girl team, more power to them. It's not as easy as it looks, trust me. This past weekend, Tony Dungy compared Indy racing to pro football. He was impressed with the team work, and the physical conditioning the drivers go through to be able to do their job.

Go get um Girls

Originally posted by Air Sarge

I'm sure they are, but a friend of mine went to the race this weekend and said there 80,000 cussing Mo Fo's walking back to their cars, and that it didn't rain another drop the whole night. That's not gonna keep people paying $200 a seat to watch a race.

i believe you mean 80,000 drunk, cussing Mo Fo's. i've been to some races before. go team Gibbs!

Archived