Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When you realized...

Spaceman Spiff

A thread for moments you realized something...whenever the light came on and whatever triggered it, forever changing things for you.

For me, I'm watching the WBC right now and unfortunately listening to Joe Morgan. For years I listened to him and didn't give him much thought...and wondered why everyone ranted and raved about him.

One Sunday Night game of the week last summer....it just hit me in the face and I realized Joe Morgan is annoying as hell. He drones on and on. It's horrible to listen to this guy do the commentary on a game....which is sad because Jon Miller is great.

When watching Twilight for the first time, I realized that Jacob was native american. I have read all of the books, and read about him living on a "reservation", but it never clicked with me. I pictured him as blonde....sort of as a JRock, if you will.

Now it all makes sense.

A couple weeks ago I saw a commercial for Men's Wearhouse. I'm horrible at putting two and two together, which is probably why it took me several years of seeing Men's Wearhouse commercials to realize that Wearhouse was a play on words, lol.

And now i know. :doh: I always thought it was Warehouse. Damn I feel stupid now.

And now i know. :doh: I always thought it was Warehouse. Damn I feel stupid now.
Is it really? I didn't even catch that before. :silly:

oh snap, glad it wasn't just me!

"You're gonna like the way you look" haha

Also took me a while to catch the Petsmart thing too though.

I turned,(at the sound of my then employer's voice yelling my name), and looked up to see the end of the scaffolding about 2 feet from head. I was just exiting and walking on the deck of a house we were siding late last July. I took one more step and reached for the scaffold plank. I had back to back realizations at that moment. First, my foot had kept going down. Second, as the rest of me followed my foot,that the sudden stop 10+feet down was going to hurt. ;)

- Almost exactly 12 years ago, walking on I-Drive in Orlando, I was smacked by the realization that Arby's is called Arby's because it's a play on the letters RB -- as in roast beef.

- Just the other day it hit me that Michael Moore didn't cleverly "finagle" his way into press credentials for the 2004 RNC. The GOP planned that thing all the way, and made sure he got his ticket. Turning the spotlight on him during the convention wasn't some improvised McCain Mavericky moment set up in hasty response to the "sudden realization" that Moore would be there. It was planned well in advance as part of an effort to paint Moore as the "spiritual head" of the Democratic party. I don't know whether it really affected anything, but well after the event was over, Moore's statements suggest that he really had no idea he had been hoodwinked by a GOP Br'er Rabbit scheme.

- It took me about 10 years to figure out why those Zest commercials talk about soap leaving "a sticky film that doesn't wash off." WTF were they talking about? It didn't do that in my shower, or in any other shower I'd ever used. Finally I realized that they were specifically targeting people who have hard water, which causes soap to cling into a scum instead of lathering and washing away. But they never qualified Zest as a synthetic that was best for hard water situations -- they just pretended that everyone would be saved from the scummy horrors of regular soap if they used Zest. As a result, anyone like me avoided Zest for years because we thought their marketing department must be full of beings from some other planet. Which probably meant everyone else in the Zest division must have already been replaced with disguised aliens too. And obviously that meant Zest was made from extracts of the humans who had been secretly replaced.

Archived