Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KFFL: Skins to work out Clay Matthews

SkinsNorth

This will be the first of MANY players they workout. Remember the outrage caused when we worked out Jemarcus Russell? I'd rather see them do some exhaustive research on their positions of need because IMO, there's not a whole lot of seperation in terms of talent this year. Aaron Curry being the exception.

From the sports talk shows up here in NE, I'm hearing that the Pats really want this kid so I think this is a great move for the Skins to show an interest in Matthews if nothing else but to entice the Pats to want to trade up with the Skins to get him.

...And to those who say "the Pats would NEVER trade up to get this guy at 13", let me remind you that the Pats are the team who spent a 1st round pick on an O-lineman named Logan Mankins in the first round who most experts considered 2nd round material and that worked out pretty well for them. Point being, the Pats trust their scouting and if they like someone, they will got get that player.

From the sports talk shows up here in NE, I'm hearing that the Pats really want this kid so I think this is a great move for the Skins to show an interest in Matthews if nothing else but to entice the Pats to want to trade up with the Skins to get him.

...And to those who say "the Pats would NEVER trade up to get this guy at 13", let me remind you that the Pats are the team who spent a 1st round pick on an O-lineman named Logan Mankins in the first round who most experts considered 2nd round material and that worked out pretty well for them. Point being, the Pats trust their scouting and if they like someone, they will got get that player.

Great post! Looks like Vinny is trying to find a trading partner...I still think If Andre Smith is there we HAVE to take him but if not...trading down is the best option...Matthews does make sense..

I know we are going to do this with a lot of players, but Clay Matthews fits a need, is steadily moving up the boards, and is arguably barely a reach at 13 as I see Houston taking him in a lot of mock drafts.

I like the idea of trading back with NE as well. Then we draft take some one like Alex Mack or Duke Robinson and maybe get Clint Sintim or Larry English with our additional pick. I posted this in another thread, but I was thinking that maybe Duke Robinson could play RT for us. Also, I think someone is going to really get a great player on Clint Sintim. He is my ideal choice as our starting SSOLB.

Just my 2 cents though.

Smoke gets in your eyes ... Mathews will not survive past 20 ... Maualooga past 10 ... this Draft is very very weak.

I agree to a point. 20's for Clay and teens for Mau. But as another poster responded this is the 1st of many private workouts.

Archived