Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking back on "Experts" 2008 Predictions (LOL)

Mickalino

They don't quite seem like experts after reading that. Seems to me they went with the corny picks.....

Funniest thing to me was how everyone had a mancrush on Tom Brady.

You know Brady didn't play last year right? lol

He is still the best QB in the NFL, hands down.

The best guys predicting were Joyner and Kuharsky, and they were only right about 1/3 of the time. That is why these preseason predictions are such garbage.

Even Pasta predicted Arizona would win the NFC West. That doesn't make him a genius. That makes him lucky.

Shows what dopes those guys look like.

Not one guy had ARIZONA even making the playoffs. And nobody had the Steelers even making the SB. I know Brady was injured and that changed the whole outlook but still its not like the Steelers couldnt win a SB in the Tom Brady era (see 2005 when they did).

Shows that prognosticators are no different from us except they get paid a full-time salary to gab, predict, mis-predict and share opinions (albeit meaningless most of the time).

Good thread.

Wow. Usually expert picks are pretty bad but...wow.

The experts picked 64 NFC division winners. Only 13 of those even made the playoffs. Whats worse is they picked 32 NFC and AFC champions, only 11 of them even made the playoffs. 0 of those 32 conference champion picks was correct. Subsequently they were 0-16 on the superbowl winner as well.

I want to know how one becomes an "expert" on sports? Is it just because you have worked in the industry for a while? It's not like they have that much more knowledge than any of us really. Especially in this day in age where you can find any stats or information on the internet. It certainly doesn't take an "expert" to use google...

Well, to be fair, it's easier to predict the weather than to predict the outcome of a whole NFL season.

Unless they were wrong about a dozen or so different aspects of that season.

They were picking a whole lot more than just the SB winner

We all laugh now and say how in the world could the Cowboys be the Super Bowl favorites having not won a playoff game in however long it's been and we'll all be shaking our heads in disbelief when the Cowboys are the Super Bowl favorite again next year...and the year after that...and so on. ESPN is dumb.

Archived