Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Rod Gardner be a Redskin for very long?

Gamebreaker

What do you think? I have to admit, it looks very doubtful he'll be back once his contract ends. The part that worries me is that I don't feel it'll be because Jacobs has taken his starting spot. It may be simply because the team doesn't have the money to sign him to a fair contract.

It could also be because he doesn't fit the offense. He will get offers in free agency, and we could possibly replace him with a smaller, faster guy who would be cheaper.

Why don't we see how he plays this year before worrying about rosters two years out? I guess that's the boredom of the offseason.

I think this offense needs a reciever who can make catches over the middle, in traffic while under intense pressure. I'd rather keep him than putting another smaller, faster reciever in his place. That makes our WR corps less versatile and limits what we could do aganist certain secondaries.

It depends if the new CBA involves keeping the current salary cap.

If we go back to pre cap contracts or something new (doubtful) then its a no brainer to keep him.

I prefer to keep him but if D Mac emerges that is another option and we need big receivers to prevent becoming soft like the Rams

Originally posted by NYC

Of course not just like Samuels, Bailey & Arrington you'll have no money left over for Gardner.

Like I said to those jackasses over on Gang Green....

Prove it. Or shut up.

Samuels and Arrington are signed through 2006. Gardner is through 2005.

Now back up your smartass mouth with some hard facts or shut the hell up and let the grownups talk.

Originally posted by NYC

Break :500 and make the playoffs before you start yapping about dreams of the Super Bowl. If you think you're closer to the big dance than we are you really are delusional.

Hey NYC when was the last time the Jets were either in the Superbowl or maybe won it??????????????????????

Been a while hasn't it, oh you like the shine on these 3 trophies don't you :) Talk all the shht you want but when it comes down to it you are just jealous :laugh:

Gardner's got to nail down the #2 spot this season (and not wander in & out of it, keeping it by default, like he did last season). Otherwise he's cut, we can't pay someone 17th overall money to hold down the #3 or later spot.

The stage is set, we got two younger, faster & less expensive wr's right behind him. And his money could go towards Champs contract.

His fate is in his hand. But I think I've seen enough, he drops balls like crazy, he's slow and can't separate. and he's can't fight to the ball even though he's big (which he always has to fight to the ball because he can't separate). It's a sore spot with me, I think he's been given a free ride by the homers - but hey, I'd be delighted to have him prove me wrong.

I'm giving this last season, even though I think he's a lost cause. But then I don't want any sniffling. Cut 'em

Personally, I feel that Gardner's fate hinges a great deal on this season. How will he perform with the presence of another legitimate #1 receiver on the team? Can he fulfill his role? Will he prove himself worthy of the money we're paying him or can McCants play his role just as well? A lot of those questions won't be answered until later in the season. I'll hold off on voting in this poll just yet.

NYC, are you going to back up your comments with any factual information or do you not have any facts to back up your useless comments?

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Like I said to those jackasses over on Gang Green....

Prove it. Or shut up.

Samuels and Arrington are signed through 2006. Gardner is through 2005.

Now back up your smartass mouth with some hard facts or shut the hell up and let the grownups talk.

===========================================

NO DOUBT......NYC needs a new avatar

Originally posted by Kornheiser

Gardner's got to nail down the #2 spot this season (and not wander in & out of it, keeping it by default, like he did last season). Otherwise he's cut, we can't pay someone 17th overall money to hold down the #3 or later spot.

The stage is set, we got two younger, faster & less expensive wr's right behind him. And his money could go towards Champs contract.

His fate is in his hand. But I think I've seen enough, he drops balls like crazy, he's slow and can't separate. and he's can't fight to the ball even though he's big (which he always has to fight to the ball because he can't separate). It's a sore spot with me, I think he's been given a free ride by the homers - but hey, I'd be delighted to have him prove me wrong.

I'm giving this last season, even though I think he's a lost cause. But then I don't want any sniffling. Cut 'em

Atlanta Skins Fan......is that you?

Archived