Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft: HAYNESWORTH WANTS TO PROVE THE “NAYSAYERS” WRONG

twenty-eight

HAYNESWORTH WANTS TO PROVE THE “NAYSAYERS” WRONG

Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2009, 10:06 p.m.

Whether defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth continues his career with the Titans or the Redskins or some other team, the franchise that gives Haynesworth a nine-figure contract will want to get the most of out him.

The fact that so many people (yours truly included) believe that Haynesworth will grow fat and complacent and ineffective and fat after getting paid could end up being significant motivation for Haynesworth.

“The money is great, but getting the naysayers off my back is better,” Haynesworth recently told WUSA-TV. “The team I’m gonna pick, that gives me the money I get, I want to prove I’m worth every penny to teammates, to coaches, fans and the naysayers.”

Albert, the naysayers are only saying nay because of how you played in the non-contract years of your career. And then there was the whole “stomping on Andre Gurode’s helmetless head” thing. And the recent episodes of virtual reality/reality high-speed automobile driving reality simulation don’t do much to alleviate our concerns.

But the signs are still present that Haynesworth could be living in a location where WUSA will be on his regular rotation of channels.

Indeed, Sara Walsh of WUSA observes that much of her one-hour interview with Haynesworth involved the player asking the reporter questions about life in D.C. and “what the Redskins are like.”

And why was Haynesworth being interviewed by a television station in the D.C. area? At a time when Haynesworth’s agent, Chad Speck, has tried to dispel rumors that Haynesworth will sign with the ‘Skins, allowing Haynesworth to be interviewed by a media outlet in the team’s home market walks, talks, and quacks like an effort to get the local fans acquainted with the franchise’s soon-to-be-newest player.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

i don't like this article. I pray that his signing is just speculation.

FTA: "Indeed, Sara Walsh of WUSA observes that much of her one-hour interview with Haynesworth involved the player asking the reporter questions about life in D.C. and 'what the Redskins are like.' "

seems like a little more than speculation.

The fact that so many people (yours truly included) believe that Haynesworth will grow fat and complacent and ineffective and fat after getting paid could end up being significant motivation for Haynesworth.

Kinda funny that he listed fat twice, but he left out injured.:doh:

Of course, nobody sets out to get fat and happy, it just kind of happens. Then again, maybe his psychotic rage will take over and he'll continue to maul people, just because he can.

I dont know about that....he definitely was fat and happy in this league until it came time to play for that contract.

I like the fact that he's saying these things at least....sounds like pretty much a done deal.

But then again, maybe it is 100 mil. With a 9 or 10 year length. Snyder can get pretty creative with these contracts.

Exactly. The colts just cut marvin with 9, 11, & 13? million remaining on his contract

Archived