Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KCBS Oakland: ACORN hosts "stay-in-your-home" event - "foreclosure fighters"

IHOPSkins

December 1st, 2007, Heartland Democrat Presidential Forum.

President Obama.....2:05 minutes in

"before I even get inaugurated, during the transition we're going to be calling all of you in to help us shape the agenda. (cheering) We're going to be having meetings all across the country with community organizations so that you have input into the agenda of the next presidency of the United States of America!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJcVgJhNaU

ACORN.......Their Morality.....Your Future

I wonder what the breakdown is......Mortgage Distress due to;

Unplanned financial loss

Medical Issue

Ignorance

Greed

Fraud

Well, if you look at things from the perspective of "how did all these stinker loans get written?" I think a case could be made that 100% of the blame for that side of the closing table was due to the attitude of "Who cares if they can make the payments? The loan's secured by the real estate, and the value of the real estate is always going to go up!"

But, I suspect that the blame for the other side of the table is likely due to multiple reasons. (And greed may well be the leader for that side, too.)

"before I even get inaugurated, during the transition we're going to be calling all of you in to help us shape the agenda. (cheering) We're going to be having meetings all across the country with community organizations so that you have input into the agenda of the next presidency of the United States of America!"

Do your ACORN rants even need a point? Or is the word "ACORN" and a slogan sufficient to justify a post?

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/10/a_lifetime_ago_sen_john.php

John McCain at an ACORN rally:

"What makes America special is what's in this room tonight..."

Give it up man.

Refusing to give up a home that you can't afford hurts all the new home buyers, who the banks now need to charge a higher interest rate to cover the risk of having to battle a forcloser out of the home.

That is the truth. I attempted to find a local forclosure battle; but I haven't been able to top the twa post of:

Thought you might be interested in some REAL information related to this foreclosure; Donna Hanks initially purchased her home (315 South Ellwood, Baltimore, MD 21224) on 7/06/2001 for $87,000. At some date between 2001 and 2006 she re-financed the original mortgage for the amount of $270,000 with a mortgage payment of $1,662.00. The FIRST foreclosure on this home was filed 5/31/2006. Donna Hanks filed for bankruptcy 6/16/06 during which a payment plan was approved for the $10,500 she was behind in her payments. This action stopped the original foreclosure. When she did not meet the terms of the bankruptcy re-payment, a second foreclosure action was started in January 2008. At the time she had not made her mortgage payments since September 2007. It should be noted that her salary per the bankruptcy paperwork was $1625 per month and she was working a 2nd and 3rd job (supposedly giving her an additional $1,275 in monthly income - the employers were not listed). Over extended? Also, during 2007 she was renting our her basement illegally (she was taken to court) and receiving rent while she was not making her mortgage payments. The mortgage company “raised” her payment $300 a month - right? Well, not exactly it was $340. The amount that she had agreed to pay back in arrears. Not exactly truthful, but what I would expect from a person with her criminal record (theft and assault 2nd degree and possession of a dangerous weapon with intent to injure). Oh and there is the small matter of breaking and entering. The house at 315 South Ellwood had already been sold at auction on 6/26/08 for $192,000. It just took them until September 2008 to get her out. Nothing like public information - it seems Acorn could have found this same information before they helped this “poor” victimized woman…………………

http://www.floppingaces.net/2009/02/...re/#more-17107

Refusing to give up a home that you can't afford hurts all the new home buyers, who the banks now need to charge a higher interest rate to cover the risk of having to battle a forcloser out of the home.
Also

The Agitators are keeping MORE houses in foreclosure proceedings....delaying the free market from correcting the issue and depressing Home Values

"ACORN....Hurt so good"

Do your ACORN rants even need a point?....
ACORN Sucks

ACORNs Agenda = Suckage

Obamas Agenda = ACORNs Agenda

PHOENIX, Ariz. – ACORN members are celebrating President Obama's announcement today of the "Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan," the first federal effort to fight foreclosures since the crisis that brought down the economy began two years ago.

http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=2716&L=1http%3A%2Fbusca.uol.com.br%2Fuol%2Findex.html

That was the point...."This Agenda is coming your way"

The foreclosure rate down here in Florida is crazy. Something like 1 or 2 in 10 homes is in forclosure. How can the government kick all those people out of their homes. There's going to be thousands of empty homes. Tens of thousands of homeless people on the streets. What good is that? Our government would give it's last drop of blood to some starving kid in Africa, but will kick 10% of every person living under a roof out in the streets here. This is not going to go over well.

The foreclosure rate down here in Florida is crazy. Something like 1 or 2 in 10 homes is in forclosure. How can the government kick all those people out of their homes. There's going to be thousands of empty homes. Tens of thousands of homeless people on the streets. What good is that? Our government would give it's last drop of blood to some starving kid in Africa, but will kick 10% of every person living under a roof out in the streets here. This is not going to go over well.

Where you get this "The government kicking people out"?

(And how many of those foreclosed homes are second homes?)

Where you get this "The government kicking people out"?

(And how many of those foreclosed homes are second homes?)

in florida, probably a lot.

i was talking with my banker the other day about a possible re-fi or move, and he told me that approximately 1/3 of all foreclosures are 2nd homes / investment properties. they won't do mortgages for 2nd properties w/ out 15% down now.

maybe they should've thought of that earlier. :doh:

Ya'll do have a serious problem there,last I heard the foreclosure rate was about 9%:doh:

How is keeping people in homes they can't afford a good idea though?

The home price inflation there and in Cali was ridiculous and counterproductive .

I dunno, perhaps they could try renting?

I dunno, perhaps they could try renting?

My case is different. I can't keep mine and the ex at the same time. I can't sell it for what it's worth either. I can short sell it, but that's going to leave me with 50 thousand still to pay off. What to do?

I paid 140 for mine. Had to do a little refinance during the divorce and still have 140 to pay. Now they tell me I can get about 70 for it. Maybe 80.

If my home is forclosed on and they sell it for 80, why not sell it back to me for 80?

My case is different. I can't keep mine and the ex at the same time. I can't sell it for what it's worth either. I can short sell it, but that's going to leave me with 50 thousand still to pay off. What to do?

I paid 140 for mine. Had to do a little refinance during the divorce and still have 140 to pay. Now they tell me I can get about 70 for it. Maybe 80.

If my home is forclosed on and they sell it for 80, why not sell it back to me for 80?

If you short sell it, you don't have to pay off anything, its written off by the bank.

The reason they won't sell it to you for 80K is because you agreed to the terms at 140K.

UPDATE:

Arrest Made in Home Foreclosure Civil Disobedience Program

Police in Baltimore today made what is believed to be the first arrest in a civil disobedience program aimed at supporting homeowners who refuse to vacate their foreclosed homes.

An activist with ACORN — the Association of Community Organization for Reform Now — faces criminal charges after breaking into a home in southeast Baltimore on Thursday to protest the foreclosure crisis sweeping the country.

"This is our house now," ACORN member Louis Beverly reportedly said after cutting a lock with bolt cutters at the home.

Beverly will be charged with fourth-degree burglary......

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498669,00.html

UPDATE:

Arrest Made in Home Foreclosure Civil Disobedience Program

What took them so long?

Guess you can never get a cop when you want one.

Edit, answering my own question: They were probably hoping that when the cameras left, so would ACORN.

Archived