Extremeskins

WT: 360: Albright re-signs

bubba9497

http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/Feb/13/albright-re-signs/

Click link for entire article

Albright re-signs

Redskins 360

david elfin

A day after cutting punter Ryan Plackemeier, the Redskins re-signed long snapper Ethan Albright to his standard, 10-year-plus veteran minimum, one-year contract. Albright, who turns 38 in May, is heading into his ninth season in Washington. Only offensive tackles Jon Jansen and Chris Samuels have been with the Redskins longer than Albright, who played in the Pro Bowl after the 2007 season.

"I'm pretty excited to be back," Albright said. "This is the job I wanted. I enjoy playing for Danny [smith, the special teams coach]. I'm glad the Redskins liked what they saw on film enough to bring me back. I'm looking forward to competing with [former Tennessee snapper Rob Cain, whom Washington signed on Dec. 31]."

Albright, who hasn't missed a game since 1995 when he was with Miami, will be snapping to his 11th Redskins punter this fall. So far that list includes: Bryan Barker, Brett Conway (usually a kicker), Craig Jarrett, James Tuthill (usually a kicker), Tom Tupa, Andy Groom, Derrick Frost, Durant Brooks and Plackemeier. Only Barker and Frost lasted more than a season. Albright has also snapped to the holders for eight kickers: Conway, Tuthill, Jose Cortez, John Hall, Ola Kimrim, Jeff Chandler, Nick Novak and incumbent Shaun Suisham.

"That's part of the business," Albright said of the constant change. "You've got to build chemistry with your unit. I'll be here once we start the offseason program so I can work with whoever they bring in to be the punter."

Archived