Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boldin, Johnson, and Burress

Champskins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3900946

I dont know everyones feeling on this but IMO we need to try and aquire at least one of these guys. I see Boldin staying with the Cards, Fitzgerald would take a pay cut to keep him and the offensive coordinator of the Cards is now gone. Johnson needs out and wants out and seems to have good relations with some of the Skins, especially Portis. Burress has some issues no doubt, big issues, but is still undeniably in the top ten of receivers in the NFL. This money trade would be well spent and we could have a dominant receiver on opposite side of Moss, unless of course Thomas and Kelly actually pull through. I see this trade being one worth while and a heck of a lot better trade than we did for Jason Taylor. let me know what you all think

Couldn't this have fit nicely into one of the other 'we need to pick up ANOTHER WR, even though we drafted 3 last year and still need more work on the OL before we worry about more skill position player' threads?

Thats just it. We can go for OL and DL in the draft and free agency. We could still use a good trade.

If they are so gung-ho on trading, they should trade for linemen on either side of the ball. Just the fact that they are drafting for the line does not guarantee success. When did the Redskins last draft a lineman that made a big contribution?

Who/what are you suggesting that we trade for these WRs?

Unfortunately... We might need to give up a draft pick in 2010 for Johnson, who I see is the only one of the three that we have a chance with. Giants and Eagles are going after Boldin and Burress might not even be allowed back.

If they are so gung-ho on trading, they should trade for linemen on either side of the ball. Just the fact that they are drafting for the line does not guarantee success. When did the Redskins last draft a lineman that made a big contribution?

You know how Snyder and Cerrato are... They will be willing to trade everything for one player that might make a difference, its expected. So why not at least make it a good pick up. There arent too many lineman on the trading block right now.. hell we need to put some on the trading block, Kendall, Taylor, Jansen, if they even have any value left.

Couldn't this have fit nicely into one of the other 'we need to pick up ANOTHER WR, even though we drafted 3 last year and still need more work on the OL before we worry about more skill position player' threads?

And with no real standout receivers.... with a good OL, Campbell will have a lot more time to wait and get sacked.

Unfortunately... We might need to give up a draft pick in 2010 for Johnson, who I see is the only one of the three that we have a chance with. Giants and Eagles are going after Boldin and Burress might not even be allowed back.

The LAST thing we need to do is give up more future draft picks.

You know how Snyder and Cerrato are... They will be willing to trade everything for one player that might make a difference, its expected. So why not at least make it a good pick up. There arent too many lineman on the trading block right now.. hell we need to put some on the trading block, Kendall, Taylor, Jansen, if they even have any value left.

Practically EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the league is on the trading block, provided the offer is enticing enough.

My question is with TJ leaving Cinci why would they trade Johnson unless they were saying hey everyone we are rebuilding so lets blow it up....

I see them keeping TJ and letting go of Johnson. Johnson is not happy there at all and has been trying to leave for about 3 seasons coming.

We need to aquire one of these deep threats yes... and "how they are" when it comes to spending the money and giving away draft picks

What about all the deep threats they supposedly acquired in the draft last year? Is it time to give up on them?

I do agree with you on that 100%. But like I said before, you know how Snyder and Cerrato are.

I was hoping they learned their lesson(s) about it. The best thing we can do is sit and hope our 2008 picks develop this year. It takes most WRs more than a season to get adjusted to the league anyway.

How about just sign Amani Toomer to a modest deal and get him to mentor Thomas and Kelly. He also has reliable hands and a wealth of experience. The OL, LB, and DL are top priority. I do feel that the Redskins need a #1 WR threat, but to address all of these needs this offseason seems impossible. A couple years from now, the Redskins may be a super bowl contender.

boldin would be the only one of the three i would be interested in. however, we just don't have the chips to be able to land him this year. maybe we could have gotten him last year, but with only having 4 picks this year, it would take at least our 1st and 3rd to get him and that would leave us with 2 picks this year. we have a bunch of holes that need to be filled on the o and d lines, and 2 picks just wouldn't be enough

What about all the deep threats they supposedly acquired in the draft last year? Is it time to give up on them?

Kelly and Thomas... lets see... is Kelly going to make it off of the bench? Is Thomas going to finally show up and represent the "Show Time" tattoo on his arms? I dont think so, but everyone has the right to their own opinion. Thomas is good enough for the slot receiver option at best... Kelly will never be our deep threat

Kelly and Thomas... lets see... is Kelly going to make it off of the bench? Is Thomas going to finally show up and represent the "Show Time" tattoo on his arms? I dont think so, but everyone has the right to their own opinion. Thomas is good enough for the slot receiver option at best... Kelly will never be our deep threat

I never said they will definitely make it. But shouldn't they at least wait and see? It's not like this team is a WR away from making it to the Super Bowl.

Archived