Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, where's your tax return going?

tryfuhl

wow ..do you have a lot of kids or own alot of properties

No. zero kids..

I make a decent amount and claim zero dependents plus I own my home so the interest paid is deductable. In addition, my wife is a part time real estate agent and sold 1 house all year but had all the expenses of marketing and keeping the license active.

until I bought my home I would get back 1-2k year, owning your home makes such a difference.

Did mine at the end of January and the refund has paid for:

- a 4GB Creative Zen. It's awesome for blocking out the innanities of co-workers.

- a new BlackBerry Bold, as my flip phone from 2003 finally has endured sufficient damage to render it inept.

- a room at the Luxor this Saturday night for me and the girl for my friend's wedding at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel.

- a rental car in Florida next weekend for my brother's wedding.

- a breakfast burrito this morning at the QT.

This is not as big a problem with the Feds (since they can always just print more), but another issue with withholding too much on the State is cropping up this year in California. As tax refunds are delayed (and who knows when or if they will ever be released), those Californian math geeks aren't having to worry about it.

What will happen if I don't pay my taxes? Cuz I've only been working for like 4 months after being unempoyed for about 18 months. I don't see why I should pay anything. I believe in taxes, just not for me. :D I don't want any federales knocking on my door. I'm just a regular joe shmo.

Archived