Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Absolute most important free agent MUST SIGN!

W1N_SKINS

First of all, hes 39. That makes a long term deal almost impossible. Secondly we don't have the cap space to spend the amount of money he will get. We need to find a good young kicker in the 6th or 7th round one year. Someone like Mason Crosby or Nick Folk.

Uhhh I think we can afford a 39 year old kicker. And in case you don't pay attention, lots of teams go with older RELIABLE kickers.

But people act like we've never put money into the position. We just got rid of John Hall who we signed from the Jets after some good years because when he came here (for a pretty big deal for a punter) he kept getting injured and missing easy kicks. Then we signed Novak and Suisham, and Suisham was hitting 89% (on a very limited number of attempts) his first year and 83% his second year. People were finally thinking we had gotten our kicking situation solved until he had a poor outing this year.

John Hall wasn't a punter.

True. And, honestly, if he wasn't so injury prone, I think Hall would have been a great fit here.

Yeah, and I think Suisham can still be good here. I just think he has to get back in stride.

I mean, looking at John Hall's career stats, he had a few years where he was making about 75% of his kicks. The thing is that he was normally pretty good inside of 40. If Suisham can develop that kind of accuracy inside of 40, I'd be happy with him.

I hated John Hall's kickoffs. Suisham is normally better than Hall was on kickoffs, but he's still inconsistent.

A kicker for this team is a definite MUST.

I read earlier someone said you couldn't pin one loss on Suisham, and while that may be true, the guy is a bum. He missed 10 field goals last year, and that simply does not cut it in the NFL. As far as I'm concerned, once you cross the 35 yard line, you're in points territory. With Suisham, that line moves to the 25, and even then it's dicey.

Kickers are weird.. they can be great (Which is something Suisham can never be accused of) and suddenly the light goes off and they can't kick at all anymore. Loyalty to a kicker should not exist. Suisham is a liability and absolutely MUST be replaced.

~Bang

I read a quote by David Akers once who said (and this isn't exact) that basically said he has the confidence in himself to kick any type of kick, in basically any type of situation, or setting. He's prepared himself for this.

Suisham looks like the kid standing in the corner at prom scared to death to dance with his date. I've watched several times that there is literally 0 confidence in his eyes, and his "Oh shucks" attiutude after hooking a ball 15 yards right is too alarming for my taste. I'd like to see this organization draft someone for years to come, but I don't see it happening. Heck, I haven't had confidence in one of our kickers since Chip Lowemiller

the sad thing is David Akers used to be our kicker at one point (I think), he started off struggling in his career with inconsistancy, only to turn it around for the long haul.

My hope is that Shazam can build more strength and flexibility in his leg and work harder to be more consistent, because i don't see us bringing anything in but camp fodder.

I sure wish we had of gone after Josh Brown when he left Seattle and ended up in ST.Louis.

Draft: Graham Gano, Florida State in the later rounds. Are we going to get a compensatory pick this year? Why waste it on a late round LB/DE that will probably go to the practice squad.

Gano 24-26 (including 5-5 from 40-49 and 5-7 from 50+) Monster leg + youth. OR

There are a few others that will go UDFA or 7th round like (McAfee,WV (17-20/ 2-2 50+) or David, LSU)

Carney is another PK, like Akers, that we had a chance to keep but didn't. As usual, the Skins management is about the worst judge of talent in the NFL now that Matt Millen is gone.

The conclusion would be true if accurate. Akers didn't kick particularly well for us when he was here. A shame, but that happens with kickers, who often bounce from team to team before finding their groove. When did we have Carney here? Even so, a nice but not amazing kicker.

But A+ on the chance to brainlessly bash the Redskins. Good work.

A kicker for this team is a definite MUST.

I read earlier someone said you couldn't pin one loss on Suisham, and while that may be true, the guy is a bum. He missed 10 field goals last year, and that simply does not cut it in the NFL. As far as I'm concerned, once you cross the 35 yard line, you're in points territory. With Suisham, that line moves to the 25, and even then it's dicey.

Kickers are weird.. they can be great (Which is something Suisham can never be accused of) and suddenly the light goes off and they can't kick at all anymore. Loyalty to a kicker should not exist. Suisham is a liability and absolutely MUST be replaced.

~Bang

:applause::applause::applause:

I read a quote by David Akers once who said (and this isn't exact) that basically said he has the confidence in himself to kick any type of kick, in basically any type of situation, or setting. He's prepared himself for this.

Suisham looks like the kid standing in the corner at prom scared to death to dance with his date. I've watched several times that there is literally 0 confidence in his eyes, and his "Oh shucks" attiutude after hooking a ball 15 yards right is too alarming for my taste. I'd like to see this organization draft someone for years to come, but I don't see it happening. Heck, I haven't had confidence in one of our kickers since Chip Lowemiller

WOW! You hit the nail on the head! It's hard to draw confindece from a guy that doesn't exude ANY! I would try to will myself into believing by saying over and over (in my own head) , Oh yeah! That's Money from there Suiso!! and......no! I still think he has a solid kicker inside him somewhere, maybe not being the only game in town is what he needs to bring it out.

HAIL:logo:

p.s. Chip Lowemiller! Good Call...

shoot i'd sign Morten Anderson....no matter his age.....we need a punter now...is Mike Bragg still in shape.....let alone Mike Nelms as Randel El is johnny east and west....heck B Mitch would do better....we need to resign Hall and use him or Thomas there....or hope the CFL kid or Aldridge can be a Punt Returner.

Archived