Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STL Today: Rams shopping Holt and Pace for 3rd round pick

Sawyer5500

The Cards have always been able to score points, though, something we can't seem to do. They have been a "sleeper" for the last few years, so it's not a complete shock to see them to one year very well.

I don't think they'll be very good next year, either, but I don't want to lose another first-day pick to a couple stop-gap guys when we really need to rebuild.

I agree we need a long term plan and not think we can plug in a couple of vets to take us over the top. No argument from me there.

Its just not a total stretch to see us making at least a playoff run next year. If Thomas or Kelly really develops, if Rienhart comes on and does well at LG and we plug in a new RT, if Campbell takes another step forward, if we find a good OLB to replace Washington and maybe a DT etc etc. Lots of ifs and the Super Bowl is a long shot but its not impossible.

Sorry guys.....I live in Missouri and if you are not up on the Rams you may not know that Pace has missed just about all of the last three years with injuries. He would do us no good at all. We have enough old, injured O-lineman.

You know where Warrensburg is? I lived with my ex when she was stationed @ Whiteman AF base. We went to the Skins/Chiefs game in '05. Santana caught a slip screen right in front of me and took it for about 80.

As far as Pace, totally agree. The prospect of Holt's hands and route running intrigues me. I think he would be a much better teacher to our young WRs than Santana. 89 isn't as much of a technician -- what he does involves a lot more natural talent.

Archived