Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STL Today: Rams shopping Holt and Pace for 3rd round pick

Sawyer5500

Seems to me (if im reading this correctly) the Rams want to trade Holt and Pace for a single 3rd round pick. They are basically handcuffed by the salary cap and need these two gone to rebuild. How would you guys like to see the Redskins make this trade?

Pace could start at RT for us and Holt can still be a playmaker. Seems like great value to me for only a 3rd rounder. It could fill some needs for us and let us draft a linebacker and some other linemen with our remaining picks.

Link

perhaps you missed the point where they have cap problems. In case you missed it, so do we.

Holt is the exact type of reciever that we do not need. He is old and in the twilight of his career. He would command high dollar and Id rather go after a younger starter on either side of the ball. Either Peppers or Boldin is who I hope we target somehow.

Pace could start at RT for us and Holt can still be a playmaker. Seems like great value to me for only a 3rd rounder. It could fill some needs for us and let us draft a linebacker and some other linemen with our remaining picks.

How could Pace start for us? What a couple games a year? Wow what an impact.

And Holt would not help this team. We need to develop the youth we invested in.

Pass

It has been said over and over again--the team needs to get younger. Like it or not, this is not a team that is only a couple of players away from going to the Super Bowl. I think we all have to accept the fact that this team must go through some rebuilding in order to get over the hump of mediocrity that has plagued this team for the last 10+ years. Trading draft picks for older (even productive) players will only set this team back in the long run.

I'm not suggesting that the organization field a team of losers and make no moves in FA or any trades--just that if they do, those moves must be done with an emphasis on getting younger talent that can benefit this team for 3 or more years. I don't think Holt or Pace really does that for the Skins.

The real questions that need to be asked to the people that are good with this trade.

1. Do you want a one hit wonder SB team?

2. Do you want a legit team that will be a contender for years to come?

The ones that want this trade..Probly would say yes to the first question

The issue is, that even with the trade, it wouldn't make our team any more competitive, just be more wasteful spending with no return and the possible loss of a young 3rd round talent.

Seems to me (if im reading this correctly) the Rams want to trade Holt and Pace for a single 3rd round pick. They are basically handcuffed by the salary cap and need these two gone to rebuild. How would you guys like to see the Redskins make this trade?

Link

I would hate this trade. Just more old guys costing a lot of money that won't produce like they did in their prime. I just dont like this idea.

And while we're at it, say no to Stephen Jackson who also may be offered up this year as well. There are rumblings about his attitude, and for a big guy misses an awful lot of time with "muscle pulls". He is a good back when he feels like playing, but his attitude is suspect. Say no to him and Larry Johnson when his name comes up as well. As bad as we ended the season, remember that we had twice as many wins as the Missouri teams....COMBINED.
Yeah, because we are so good that we can afford to not even entertain the idea of bringing in talented players simply because of their attitude.:rolleyes::doh:

This might have made a little more sense (and I emphasis the word little ) if you had said just say no because of his attitude and criminal background. But there's not even that.

The bottomline... we can't afford to be so damn picky.

While I dont know the ramifications (no pun intended...), I think Holt still has some good yearsleft in him. Hell... even last year when they went 4-12 (I think...) he had over 1100 and 7 TD's. He is still a gamer...

I would do it in a heartbeat for a third rounder. Then again... it depends on the contract monies too...

OK... who the hell keeps thinking that Holt is an old and oft injured guy.

He's 32. For a WR, tha means he has about 3-4 great years ahead of him/

Injured? Holt has played in all 16 games of just about every year of his career. In fact... he has only missed 14 games in his entire career.

Come on... dont hate the idea, just to hate it. Hell... some of our greats played very well into their latter years.

What? Does the name Green ring a bell?

Pace? Err... uhh... Hey! What whats over there!

Archived